WRX Sparks many reactions from different people - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX Sparks many reactions from different people within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by zax Wait, so let me get this right. He nods at you in a friendly manner, you ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Wait, so let me get this right. He nods at you in a friendly manner, you drop down a gear, ricer-flyby ahead, and cut him off, then are confused why the other driver might be irritated? Aye caramba .
    Maverick: Tower, this is Ghost Rider requesting a ricer-flyby.
    Air Boss Johnson: Negative, Ghost Rider, the pattern is full.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    In some ways, the age of "Hey, nice car!" in my neck of the woods seems to be over, unless I'm talking to a fellow Impreza driver. I live in an upscale area, (though I'm not wealthy by most people's definition), and the people driving their Benz's and Bimmers don't seem to be too concerned about a bugeye wagon. They don't seem to care about cars, at all, beyond the amenities of the interior. They go buy what they think that they're supposed to buy, and move on...or at least that's the vibe I get. I'm the guy that will walk over and say "Hey dude, that's a cool C63 AMG you've got, there. I'll bet it's a blast to drive!" After 10 times of guys looking at me like I'm an unruly acid freak, I decided that I'm the oddball in the crowd.

edit:I should add that my engineering company buddies do seem to remain interested in cars. If someone buys something new, there's usually a little ceremony where we all go out into the parking lot to ask questions, get a ride, etc...
    I'm right there with you, with all of that.
    I'm a mountain boy but my job has brought me to central California.... and there's so little interest in what a car truly is it makes me sad.
    I'm tired of seeing riced out cars and blacked out bimmers/chargers.

I do enjoy heading up to the hills and while waiting to get on a ski lift a bunch of Scoobasauras WReX owners standing around sharing stories of ludicrous things.
    When in doubt, frag out.

I don't know what it is but I've had several guys in Diesel pickups trying to race me..

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by kritzell View Post
    I don't know what it is but I've had several guys in Diesel pickups trying to race me..
    yeah my brother in law is one of those guys, he thinks his 24v cummins can take my wrx
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

I Support ClubWRX
    There are also a few of those fools around here, that want to race a lifted Cummins, Power Stroke, or Duramax on city roads...one or two with really loud VTA BOVs

Though, I have to admit, I have seen a few at the drag strip that are seriously quick.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonWRX View Post
    There are also a few of those fools around here, that want to race a lifted Cummins, Power Stroke, or Duramax on city roads...one or two with really loud VTA BOVs

Though, I have to admit, I have seen a few at the drag strip that are seriously quick.
    yeah they can be fast, i know i guy in nc where im from who has a 9 sec diesel. but most of the ones around where i live are stock, or mostly stock. even with power mods they have A LOT of weight to move around.
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Apollo Noir View Post
    I'm right there with you, with all of that.
    I'm a mountain boy but my job has brought me to central California.... and there's so little interest in what a car truly is it makes me sad.
    I'm tired of seeing riced out cars and blacked out bimmers/chargers.
    Thankfully, there are still exceptions. When the guy in my town that owns a mint C2 Corvette drives by, I always give him the thumbs up. "Yes, dude, I'm one of the last 10 people in this town that understand how awesome that car is." He always seems to appreciate it.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Nothing I have is worth mentioning. I've gotten the, "Nice Subie." A GTO once tried to race me...through Shalimar...where there lots of cops just waiting. Dumb.

Definitely a wide cross section of people that take interest in the WRX. From old school Subie enthusiasts, to stancerz, to outdoor people, on and on. Definitely surprised me.

Pulled into Dairy Queen last night on my way home and 2 kids were in the general area I would guess they were around 10 or so both on bikes. One of them said...woh nice car! is that a wrx. I said no its the STI and he said wow even better. I was trying not to laugh b/c it was funny so I go into DQ and get my M&M Blizzard and come back out and they are both waiting by the car and I heard the one that ask me what it was before say " I just want to see him leave then we will go" I just thought it was funny that they hung around until I cam back out.
    2007 WRX STI- Stock 13.8@102

Should have seen the faces of everyone walking out of the always crowded movie theater in my town when I cruise by with catless open downpipe. loool

Quote Originally Posted by SamXp View Post
    Definitely a wide cross section of people that take interest in the WRX. From old school Subie enthusiasts, to stancerz, to outdoor people, on and on. Definitely surprised me.
    It's nice hanging out with outdoors folk who appreciate subies cuz they plan to actually drive it. Not just hellaflush it and roll around town.

On a fun side note, aftermarket alarms on ricers always go off when I drive by.... I guess that Boxer engine has some hardcore bass..
    When in doubt, frag out.

I Support ClubWRX
    I shoved some fishing poles in mine for the first time today and hit the lake. Definitely turned some heads when I pulled into the parking lot, popped the hatch and grabbed my gear with the wifey and started fishing. Got a lot of nice comments and caught a few fish so it was good day!

Quote Originally Posted by thatderekguy View Post
    Should have seen the faces of everyone walking out of the always crowded movie theater in my town when I cruise by with catless open downpipe. loool
    Not for nothing; but I think that's pretty obnoxious. Hope you're not waiting outside the theater for that sole purpose... I know I'd be annoyed if that was someone's idea of showing off.

__

On topic- I love how Subaru appeals to such a large diverse crowd. I think more-or-less there is really something for everyone when it comes to this brand.

No lol just driving by, I ran that for a day or two. It's no longer loud and obnoxious.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.