WRX Sparks many reactions from different people - Page 12
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX Sparks many reactions from different people within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by BrianH So I guess you're not building a rally car now? Your lack of knowledge is still ...

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    So I guess you're not building a rally car now?
    Your lack of knowledge is still showing, please stop.

And yes, Ingo, she is in an off-road setup at the moment, though I need to figure something out for the front struts. I've had the front passsenger side one rebuilt twice in the last maybe 5000 miles and it has blown again. Think the insert is probably the problem. Maybe I'll just get my spare struts rebuilt too, and hope the issue doesn't occur again, OR find another setup for the front. Leaning towards the revalve of my spare set..... Oh, and she has been rock climbing too. Pics are in my photobucket account, or on my build threads on DirtyImpreza or 3GWRX.
    Last edited by gregroot198521; 06-05-2012 at 04:41 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingo View Post
    Everyone needs to calm down and keep a civil tone, however.
    I fully agree.

Quote Originally Posted by gregroot198521 View Post
    Your lack of knowledge and retardation are still showing, please stop.
    Again, no personal insults please.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

.... Leaning towards the revalve of my spare set.....
    What springs? You might want to go and read up in the suspension/wheels section. There is a lot about springs and dampers there. Springs and dampers need to go together in sets. Obviously you're looking for longer, rather than shorter suspension travel... I'm not shure what is out there, I'm not that far into that.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Ah, "Niche Econobox Rally Deriviative", makes sense, but what if you are turning it into a rally car?

She is on offroad setup right now, as in, rally cars would have issues with where I drive. On another note, a rally cross car is just about anything with wheels, so please take your uptight opinion and place it right back in your uptight ass. Thank you very much for proving my point that you don't know ****, you just talk a lot of it.

So the answer is no?

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    I fully agree.

Again, no personal insults please.
    Very well. I edited the posts to be hopefully a little nicer, even if I feel the guy is kind of a tool.
    What springs? You might want to go and read up in the suspension/wheels section. There is a lot about springs and dampers there. Springs and dampers need to go together in sets. Obviously you're looking for longer, rather than shorter suspension travel... I'm not shure what is out there, I'm not that far into that.
    Oh trust me, done plenty of research in a place with a lot more knowledge on the subject: DirtyImpreza.com. I'm running the same setup as a few other people (~1.5" lift King Springs on Feal Suspension revalved struts built with gravel spec).
    So the answer is no?
    Seriously? Pretty sure I've answered your question a few times.

Nevermind, now I don't have to read his drivel anymore.

Very well. I edited the posts to be hopefully a little nicer, even if I feel the guy is kind of a tool.
    Get over yourself. You talk about building a rally car and it's nothing close to one.

While I didn't intend to, sorry for the accidental call out. I hope we can be friends again.

Cool, you seem to know what you're doing. But please realize: most of the guys here, myself included are running street cars. I for one am not into the off-road, I need my car to get me to work no matter what conditions. When winter throws a load of snow I've got to be at work before anyone else, that's why I'm dead-set to have a 4-wheel drive. Otherwise I might have who-knows-what. And a number of the guys here probably envision a "rally" car to be like the professiona set-up, those you couldn't use in everyday driving. That doesn't really apply. To be honest, the WRX is really not a rally car, not even a basis for one. That would have to be an STI. Anyways, you go and have fun with it, as others have fun on tracks or even the open road.

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks. You and everyone can of course feel anything they like, but they can't say so if doing so would insult another member.

While I didn't intend to, sorry for the accidental call out. I hope we can be friends again.
    Terrific, thanks also.

To be honest, the WRX is really not a rally car, not even a basis for one. That would have to be an STI.
    The irony is that the fastest rally cars, the WRC cars spec'ed to GrA/8 (the WRC class still used the "old" Group A designations last I checked) were reg'ed as WRX (not STi) chassis.

OTOH the slower rally cars, spec'ed to GrN and intended for privateer use in N classes worldwide, were apparently almost universally STi chassis. In a way it makes sense I suppose, but I always found it amusing.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

That IS interesting....

That IS interesting....
    Many posts of his make me ponder his identity.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	most-interesting-man-in-the-world-david-wygant-dating-relationship.jpeg 
Views:	62 
Size:	13.6 KB 
ID:	105557

I Support ClubWRX
    Many posts of his make me ponder his identity.
    Argh, you're onto me! Drats, there goes my cover!

Seriously, the guy is a personal hero. I wish!

Cool, you seem to know what you're doing. But please realize: most of the guys here, myself included are running street cars. I for one am not into the off-road, I need my car to get me to work no matter what conditions. When winter throws a load of snow I've got to be at work before anyone else, that's why I'm dead-set to have a 4-wheel drive. Otherwise I might have who-knows-what. And a number of the guys here probably envision a "rally" car to be like the professiona set-up, those you couldn't use in everyday driving. That doesn't really apply. To be honest, the WRX is really not a rally car, not even a basis for one. That would have to be an STI. Anyways, you go and have fun with it, as others have fun on tracks or even the open road.
    That's what the guys on DI tell me. Oh, I understand completely, I run into the same walls on every other site besides DirtyImpreza, but usually people aren't douchey about it, they just are curious. Then again, the setup I use has been used by a few race teams, so I guess it is semi-professional..... May try and find a beefier setup though, since maybe the driving I'm doing is more abusive than rally, don't see how though.....
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Thanks. You and everyone can of course feel anything they like, but they can't say so if doing so would insult another member.

The irony is that the fastest rally cars, the WRC cars spec'ed to GrA/8 (the WRC class still used the "old" Group A designations last I checked) were reg'ed as WRX (not STi) chassis.

OTOH the slower rally cars, spec'ed to GrN and intended for privateer use in N classes worldwide, were apparently almost universally STi chassis. In a way it makes sense I suppose, but I always found it amusing.
    So there is hope..... Still want a 6 speed though......
    That IS interesting....
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    I feel like you are embelishing this by maybe just a tad. I've been pulled over once in my WRX and it was because the officer felt that my music was too loud. Your car is not fast even if it's modded. "Fast" is actually a subjective word when it comes to cars anyway. While you may be fast compared to Civics and Integras, you are slow compared to 911 Turbos and Ferraris.
    True but really it's very dependent on circumstances. Sinister and I did a couple of low speed runs after he got done with his last set of major mods and he was about even with my 911. At lower speeds it's much easier for other cars to keep up with a Ferrari or 911 Turbo. It's the higher speeds where those cars really show their legs. Once I get to about 60 mph my 911 barely starts to hit its stride. Over 100 is really where it starts to shine, and Subarus or any import is starting to fail. You can't compare them under normal i.e. street circumstances because there's no legal road situation where I can even begin to really push my 911. At 150 my digital speedo is still climbing over 5 mph at a time.

I actually like to track my STI more than my 911 and I consistently pass 911 Turbos on the track in the twisties, but they can easily pass me on the straights. For comparison on the relatively short straightaway at the track I go to my STI tops out at about 115 and a stock 911 Turbo is up at 135. I'm curious what speed I'll be able to hit with all the new mods on my 911. I'm hoping 145 but we'll have to see!
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

That's what the guys on DI tell me. Oh, I understand completely, I run into the same walls on every other site besides DirtyImpreza, but usually people aren't douchey about it, they just are curious. Then again, the setup I use has been used by a few race teams, so I guess it is semi-professional..... May try and find a beefier setup though, since maybe the driving I'm doing is more abusive than rally, don't see how though.....
    How often are you driving these roads that you're willing to sacrifice so much road performance for off-road performance? I started down the road of making some mods to my old STI so it would be fine on forest roads like skid plates, but at the end of the day, most gravel roads can be handled just fine with stock suspension and tires until you really get to pushing the car at very high i.e. unsafe speeds. I'm not familiar with what roads are really available in TX, but my experience with non-paved roads is in general that there's a line where you really need far more suspension travel and other capabilities beyond what higher suspension and bigger tires are going to give you. If you know the roads, then there's maybe 1% of things where those will help you, but otherwise like I said stock will be just fine and maybe you have to slow down occasionally for those 1% of circumstances.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    I got really unglued in a Justy once and scared myself silly. I'm out.