WRX Sparks many reactions from different people - Page 11
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 194

This is a discussion on WRX Sparks many reactions from different people within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So, back on topic, I was driving home yesterday on my 60 mile commute. Almost halfway, a Charger R/T creeps ...

  1. #151
    Registered User etnpnys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    756
    So, back on topic, I was driving home yesterday on my 60 mile commute. Almost halfway, a Charger R/T creeps up next to me in the carpool lane. Flat-bill in the passenger seat. I look past him to see THE SALESMAN THAT SOLD ME THE CAR. So I'm pacing them to get their attention, even through his brief moments of WOT (sounded pretty good at least...). I look back over at them and the flat-bill is staring at me like he's trying to pick a fight. Please. I say the salesman's name and point over to him and he finally looks. He erupts in laughter as I see his lips mouth "I sold him that car" and they both laughed for a while.
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #152
    Registered User Hung_Wei_Lo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    252
    Cops are constantly chasing me around town... one time during the summer time...

    I was fresh from the barber shop chillin in the WRX I spent all day waxin just driving 2 miles an hour so everybody sees me....

    Then this cop pulls up next to me on the driver's side just staring. I threw up my left hand in a backwards peace sign cause I'm gansta. Unfortunately, my seat is real low and my door obstructed my pointer finger. I then see him mouth the words "you little punk b$%&*!" Before I could say, "wait! It wasn't a mid.." I see his sirens flash on and 3 more cops behind me; 2 regular cruisers and a motorcycle cop. Apparently, he had already called back up upon initially spotting me.

    A high speed chase ensued where I took the cops thru traffic and pedestrian congested cities, canyon roads, ocean-side highways and eventually dirt, twisty back roads where my WRX easily lost them thanks to my strut tower brace which is my only upgrade.

  4. #153
    Registered User etnpnys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by Hung_Wei_Lo View Post
    Cops are constantly chasing me around town... one time during the summer time...

    I was fresh from the barber shop chillin in the WRX I spent all day waxin just driving 2 miles an hour so everybody sees me....

    Then this cop pulls up next to me on the driver's side just staring. I threw up my left hand in a backwards peace sign cause I'm gansta. Unfortunately, my seat is real low and my door obstructed my pointer finger. I then see him mouth the words "you little punk b$%&*!" Before I could say, "wait! It wasn't a mid.." I see his sirens flash on and 3 more cops behind me; 2 regular cruisers and a motorcycle cop. Apparently, he had already called back up upon initially spotting me.

    A high speed chase ensued where I took the cops thru traffic and pedestrian congested cities, canyon roads, ocean-side highways and eventually dirt, twisty back roads where my WRX easily lost them thanks to my strut tower brace which is my only upgrade.
    What about that new turbo boost that Alfred has ready for your WRX?! Those cops wouldn't stand a chance!
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

  5. #154
    and the Funky Bunch Calvinball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philly Area
    Posts
    5,925
    The route I used to take to and from work would sometimes take me past a Charger SRT8 going the opposite direction. He constantly revved his engine at me when we would pass. The first time I thought maybe he was just downshifting or something, but it kept happening like clockwork. Right as he would pass me going the other way (1 lane each way, 25 mph north philly streets) he would give a nice loud rev. It did sound good, but it also made me chuckle.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

  6. #155
    Registered User etnpnys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    756
    A few weeks ago I also had a convertible Saleen pull up right next to me -- on the freeway -- and revved really loud. Another chuckle as I exited the freeway.
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

  7. #156
    Moderator rage-wrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yonkers/NYC
    Posts
    10,767
    I Support ClubWRX
    I was once driving home,minding my own business ,waiting in traffic.There were a lot of other cars on a 4 lane road.

    Suddenly a Crown Vic(unmarked) cuts off the guy behind me & starts following me. I look back to see a guy who is obviously a cop staring down at something.I assume he was running my plates. He must have liked what he saw (no tickets or violations) ,pulls over to the left lane & as he is passing me I look over & he gives me an approving nod.
    Last edited by rage-wrx; 06-05-2012 at 09:20 AM.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

    The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread


    Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

  8. #157
    Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Davey Jones Locker
    Posts
    8,495
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Hung_Wei_Lo View Post
    Cops are constantly chasing me around town... one time during the summer time...

    I was fresh from the barber shop chillin in the WRX I spent all day waxin just driving 2 miles an hour so everybody sees me....

    Then this cop pulls up next to me on the driver's side just staring. I threw up my left hand in a backwards peace sign cause I'm gansta. Unfortunately, my seat is real low and my door obstructed my pointer finger. I then see him mouth the words "you little punk b$%&*!" Before I could say, "wait! It wasn't a mid.." I see his sirens flash on and 3 more cops behind me; 2 regular cruisers and a motorcycle cop. Apparently, he had already called back up upon initially spotting me.

    A high speed chase ensued where I took the cops thru traffic and pedestrian congested cities, canyon roads, ocean-side highways and eventually dirt, twisty back roads where my WRX easily lost them thanks to my strut tower brace which is my only upgrade.
    No school zones? Son, I am disappoint.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS


    Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

    Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

  9. #158
    Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Davey Jones Locker
    Posts
    8,495
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I've read these "cops give me the deathstare" stories on here for years, and it's always confused me. Having spent a fair amount of time in lowered, gold-wheeled, WRB, Cobb-exhausted WRX's, I really don't get much in the way of hostile looks from the constabulary. Maybe I don't project enough "tough guy" vibe.
    I think you give off the "old" vibe, Ray.

    Quote Originally Posted by gregroot198521 View Post
    Like I said, y'all obviously haven't seen my car, it is pretty damn unique, considering it is custom.

    As far as wanting pics of the rest of my suspension, yall are wanting a stage rally car, I'm not building her for stage rally, I'm building to maybe do some rally-x sometime.
    Your car is custom? I don't understand what you mean by "custom." Again, it all comes down to a relative word defined differently by every person on this forum. My car is "custom." Anyone who has modded there car is "custom." But since most everyone here has modded their WRX, your car is not "custom." When you start getting sponsors to shell out hundreds of thousands of dollars to make your car a rally car, it might be unique. But even then, it's something that could be easily replicated with an identical paint job and a few aesthetic mods. As long as what you're doing makes you happy, that's all that matters, but I think we all agree (except you) that your car is not unique.

    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    I was once driving home,minding my own business ,waiting in traffic.There were a lot of other cars on a 4 lane road.

    Suddenly a Crown Vic(unmarked) cuts off the guy behind me & starts following me. I look back to see a guy who is obviously a cop staring down at something.I assume he was running my plates. He must have liked what he saw (no tickets or violations) ,pulls over to the left lane & as he is passing me I look over & he gives me an approving nod.
    I think I've had that happen to me once. A cop was going slower than the speed limit so I passed him. He immediately changed lanes, stayed for about 5 minutes, changed lanes again and went on his way.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS


    Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

    Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

  10. #159
    Administrator RayfieldsWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Old Folks Home
    Posts
    46,905
    I Support ClubWRX
    My car isn't custom. It's just a Subaru station wagon.

    Gregroot obviously has some pride in the work he's done to his car. Nothing wrong with that.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

  11. #160
    Registered User gregroot198521's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    Posts
    776
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    My car isn't custom. It's just a Subaru station wagon.

    Gregroot obviously has some pride in the work he's done to his car. Nothing wrong with that.
    Somebody here can see apparently. Drews (6000 most likely useless posts), BrianH (17000 most likely useless posts), you are both obviously blind, the bumper is one of the most noticeable custom pieces and IT IS IN THE FRONT OF THE PIC!! Definitely remember why I started to avoid this forum as well as NASIOC, both are apparently chock full of nimrods who think that just because they have been around Subies longer that they are suddenly so smart. It looks clean because I put some time into making it look that way, but hey at least one of the older fellows here has some concept of originality, maybe the functionality too, and doesn't suffer from bouts of idiocy. For that, I commend you Ray.
    Last edited by gregroot198521; 06-05-2012 at 04:39 PM.

  12. #161
    Boba Fett BrianH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Way up high.
    Posts
    17,907
    OH, I've got a lot more pointless posts than that. I've been a member of this community long enough to have many more. . . damn technical issues. I've also been a member long enough to know that a car with a bumper and wheels isn't near a rally car and doesn't make it any more of a rally car than a tapout shirt makes you a UFC champion.

    Quote Originally Posted by gregroot198521 View Post
    Ah, "Niche Econobox Rally Deriviative", makes sense, but what if you are turning it into a rally car?
    Quote Originally Posted by gregroot198521 View Post

    'original bumper, because rally car'

  13. #162
    Registered User Ingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    1,110
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    OH, I've got a lot more pointless posts than that. I've been a member of this community long enough to have many more. . . damn technical issues. I've also been a member long enough to know that a car with a bumper and wheels isn't near a rally car and doesn't make it any more of a rally car than a tapout shirt makes you a UFC champion.

    'original bumper, because rally car'
    Hey, don't knock that bumper. It also serves as mount for the winch. And some rally cars need to have a wich along! (actually more off-road, but what the heck...)
    Besides monster (read: solid) bumpers are good when there is not enough space for the brakes left, see other posts...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

  14. #163
    Registered User gregroot198521's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    Posts
    776
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    OH, I've got a lot more pointless posts than that. I've been a member of this community long enough to have many more. . . damn technical issues. I've also been a member long enough to know that a car with a bumper and wheels isn't near a rally car and doesn't make it any more of a rally car than a tapout shirt makes you a UFC champion.

    'original bumper, because rally car'
    And if you've been around that long, you should have a lot of "technical experience", and could tell I'm also obviously not on stock suspension. She is on offroad setup right now, as in, rally cars would have issues with where I drive. On another note, a rally cross car is just about anything with wheels, so please take your uptight opinion and place it right back in your uptight ass. Thank you very much for proving my point that you don't know ****, you just talk a lot of it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ingo View Post
    Hey, don't knock that bumper. It also serves as mount for the winch. And some rally cars need to have a wich along! (actually more off-road, but what the heck...)
    Besides monster (read: solid) bumpers are good when there is not enough space for the brakes left, see other posts...
    Bingo Ingo. My bumper has plenty of usefullness. Wonder if Brian can say the same for his mods.

  15. #164
    Boba Fett BrianH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Way up high.
    Posts
    17,907
    Quote Originally Posted by gregroot198521 View Post
    And if you've been around that long, you should have a lot of "technical experience", and could tell I'm also obviously not on stock suspension. She is on offroad setup right now, as in, rally cars would have issues with where I drive. On another note, a rally cross car is just about anything with wheels, so please take your uptight opinion and place it right back in your uptight ass. Thank you very much for proving my point that you don't know ****, you just talk a lot of it.
    So I guess you're not building a rally car now?

  16. #165
    Registered User Ingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    1,110
    Probably more likely an off-roader, but not exactly a rock climber. So what?
    My car was way moar low and I had to take it back up for everyday driving... It's about what fits our needs more than anything else. And not everyone interpretes rally- or race- or everyday- or family- car the same. Everyone needs to calm down and keep a civil tone, however.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •