WRX Sparks many reactions from different people - Page 10
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX Sparks many reactions from different people within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by zax The fact that the guy can't determine the difference on his own means he is not ...

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    The fact that the guy can't determine the difference on his own means he is not a car guy.
    Or just can't READ!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoob_Noob View Post
    Just this past weekend my wife and I were at a party and she told one of her friends I have a rally car. Of course, this person had no idea what a rally car was so I had to explain.
    None of us drive a rally car. We drive AWD turbocharged economy sedans/wagons.
    2015 CWP WRX STi on order ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax' Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero | Blobeye Synd. #Tree-Fiddy
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    None of us drive a rally car. We drive AWD turbocharged economy sedans/wagons.
    No,we drive NERDs
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    No,we drive NERDs
    Huh? What is a NERD?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by gregroot198521 View Post
    Huh? What is a NERD?
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/off-to...n-e-r-d-s.html
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Ah, "Niche Econobox Rally Deriviative", makes sense, but what if you are turning it into a rally car?

With like a short shifter, mud flaps and exhaust?

I Support ClubWRX
    It's not just that, it's also the shoe company logos and the energy drink stickers that make up the rally car.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    With like a short shifter, mud flaps and exhaust?
    You obviously haven't seen my car. :unamused:
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread
    http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps665d9b9d.jpg
    Always dirty, never scurred......

Nice edit.

Why not post up your "rally car" then? Start with under-hood shots of the strut towers and the other chassis modifications this beast has.

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You obviously haven't seen my car. :unamused:
    I have. I've seen tons of 3rd gen WRXs and STIs. I hate to break it to you, but your car is not unique.

Quote Originally Posted by djd085 View Post
    When I drive around in my WRX, every cop that sees me either slows down and follows me, turns around and follows me, or just gives me the worst death stare. I understand its because im a young kid in a fast car, but if is wasn't for them punk kids who have to race around everywhere I dont think cops would be so judging.

I was getting gas last night on my way home from work around 11. A cop drove past and stared me down, next thing I know hes pulling into the entrance on the other side and drives really slow next to me while still staring at me, gets back on the roads and continues on his way...
    I feel like you are embelishing this by maybe just a tad. I've been pulled over once in my WRX and it was because the officer felt that my music was too loud. Your car is not fast even if it's modded. "Fast" is actually a subjective word when it comes to cars anyway. While you may be fast compared to Civics and Integras, you are slow compared to 911 Turbos and Ferraris.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I rarely get looked at by cops. And the only people that look at my car are either trying to figure out what the hell it is, are teenage boys pointing and/or drooling (lol my favorite) or a middle aged man asking me if I like my subaru (happens the most) Oh and non car educated folks always ask its that Mazda :banghead:
    2011 Hatch

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I Support ClubWRX
    I've read these "cops give me the deathstare" stories on here for years, and it's always confused me. Having spent a fair amount of time in lowered, gold-wheeled, WRB, Cobb-exhausted WRX's, I really don't get much in the way of hostile looks from the constabulary. Maybe I don't project enough "tough guy" vibe.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    I have. I've seen tons of 3rd gen WRXs and STIs. I hate to break it to you, but your car is not unique.
    Like I said, y'all obviously haven't seen my car, it is pretty damn unique, considering it is custom.

As far as wanting pics of the rest of my suspension, yall are wanting a stage rally car, I'm not building her for stage rally, I'm building to maybe do some rally-x sometime.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread
    http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps665d9b9d.jpg
    Always dirty, never scurred......

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I've read these "cops give me the deathstare" stories on here for years, and it's always confused me. Having spent a fair amount of time in lowered, gold-wheeled, WRB, Cobb-exhausted WRX's, I really don't get much in the way of hostile looks from the constabulary. Maybe I don't project enough "tough guy" vibe.
    I've always wondered the same thing. Growing up in the taxation by ticketing suburbs of Chicago and partaking in far too much vehicular asshattery I found that usually when I attracted attention of law enforcement, I earned it. . . well, I earned a lot more than that. Even in my obnoxiously loud, stinky, snarling Evo I got minimal attention.

Like I said, y'all obviously haven't seen my car, it is pretty damn unique, considering it is custom.

As far as wanting pics of the rest of my suspension, yall are wanting a stage rally car, I'm not building her for stage rally, I'm building to maybe do some rally-x sometime.
    I've got an intake on my Scion, building a NHRA funny car.