Movie with Subaru as star car! - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Movie with Subaru as star car! within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Looks like it will be entertaining in the same way the Final Destination movies are to me. I'll watch anything ...

Looks like it will be entertaining in the same way the Final Destination movies are to me. I'll watch anything with a Subaru these days.

And at least seems like it will be about cars and street racing; and not some action heist movie that wants to be something in-between a Michael Bay movie and Ocean's 11 the FF movies have turned in to.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    If you want to have a good laugh watch a movie called "200 MPH"

The utter lack of car knowledge in that movie is amazing!

If you enjoy an occasional unintentionally funny movie, this will be right up your alley.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    Wow, I just came here to post that video I stumbled upon today. GET OUT OF MY HEAD!
    NEVER!!! I'm stealing all of you LEGO ideas....muhahahahaha!
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Harrison View Post
    If you want to have a good laugh watch a movie called "200 MPH"

The utter lack of car knowledge in that movie is amazing!

If you enjoy an occasional unintentionally funny movie, this will be right up your alley.
    I have seen that....funnier than the complete lack of car knowledge (so bad I don't think they know the word car), is that if you mildly pay attention, the green car is a completely different car in the 'action' scenes....standing still it is a 2nd gen RX7, but drifting it is a 2nd gen 240SX....and they call it 'mx5', 'mx7', and 'rx7' at different points in the movie.....they knows nufink!

If you enjoy that, you should LOVE 'Street Racer'....another beaut of a C film.....this one they actually restores a wrecked bugeye into a cherry hawkeye STi, then race it!

Other high points of Street Racer....the guy in the rice car 'insults' the stock bimmer 525 calling it rice and stating he would not drive that crap......and a Scion xB drag racing said bimmer
    Last edited by DemonWRX; 08-22-2012 at 08:52 PM.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

I Support ClubWRX
    not to mention in what was it i guess fast&fruious 4 I think the car used by Paul Walker is an STI hatch. so Subbies have been out there in the flat bill Crooked hat scene for a little bit now. That didn't seem to effect anything.
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.

I Support ClubWRX
    Born2Race is on netflix instant now....200mph and Street Racer are still as well
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonWRX View Post
    Born2Race is on netflix instant now....200mph and Street Racer are still as well
    I'll be sure to check out Street Racer once I get my internet at my house hooked up.

I noticed all those things in 200 MPH. I remember thinking, did they just call that an MX-5?

One of my favorite parts was when the guys brother pulls up in a stock 370z and the guy can't believe it, he says something like, you must be doing well, that's an $80k car. Haha

I could never understand why the kid was so obsessed with going 200mph when all he did was street race. Even the baddest super car on the planet couldn't hit 200mph on the street. Haha

It was like the writer of the movie literally just Google'd "what makes a car cool" 200mph√ Big wing √ Drifting √ and then he just pulled the rest out of his ass.

this looks like a high school version of the fast and the furious, not in a good way!

I Support ClubWRX
    Just got done with 200MPH......Bhahahahahaha.

They had no idea what they were talking about.

Moving on to Street Racer now

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Just got done with 200MPH......Bhahahahahaha.

They had no idea what they were talking about.

Moving on to Street Racer now
    Would like to hear your review of Street Racer and which was worse between it and 200MPH.

it's been a few months since I've seen 200MPH. Do you remember how much he said the 370z costs? I thought he said 80k ?

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah he said $80k and then when the bad guy was introducing his GTR he said it cost $80k as well.

Never knew the 370z cost as much as a GTR hahahaha!

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

Banned
    Yeah he said $80k and then when the bad guy was introducing his GTR he said it cost $80k as well.

Never knew the 370z cost as much as a GTR hahahaha!
    Well it makes sense because they were dead even in the race. Haha

I Support ClubWRX
    Alright, watched both now. Street Racer is by far the "better" of the two.

While the whole turning a totaled Bugeye into a ESX STi was completely unrealistic, the movie did most other things better than 200MPH. The acting and plot were both much more believable and they at least got the car names correct.

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

Headed to watch these movies ASAP

Banned
    Alright, watched both now. Street Racer is by far the "better" of the two.

While the whole turning a totaled Bugeye into a ESX STi was completely unrealistic, the movie did most other things better than 200MPH. The acting and plot were both much more believable and they at least got the car names correct.
    I was hoping it would be worse so I could have a good laugh. Not sure if its possible to get worse than 200 MPH. I honestly think if you paid an Amish man to write a script about street racing culture, he could get more things right than 200 did.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.