cobb / tuneing help

This is a discussion on cobb / tuneing help within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i have a 2012 wrx that i installed a cobb acc port and alos cobb intake,and a uppipe, down pipe ...

cobb / tuneing help

i have a 2012 wrx that i installed a cobb acc port and alos cobb intake,and a uppipe, down pipe catted,headers and exhaust.and toubro xs bov/5050...im going to get it tuned in a week but as now it is not driveing well i would say..when i come to a fast stop iddel drops to 200 and car died once..then hour check engin light came on.when i pulled the code from cobb acc port it said something about my wastgate or cattills something???!! do i need to run a diff stage 2 map until i get it tuned next week...thankks for the help

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Are you sure that everything is hooked up properly? I'm mainly concerned about that BOV, if it's leaking or otherwise incorrectly installed, it could cause some idling issues.

Please post up the actual DTC, it should be in the format PXXXX. That will help us better than "or something".

Also, please don't make multiple threads, this thread should be in the Tuning section. Making your own thread is just fine, just make a single one and make sure it's in the proper section.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Tighten up that BOV spring and see if that helps it run/idle better until you get it checked out and tuned.
    Greg
    Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

Man thats alot of upgrades to not have a tune yet.. If it were me id park it and if you could drive something else til i could get a tune.. Ive found out that everything on this cars pretty much needs tuned lol

'

Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    Are you sure that everything is hooked up properly? I'm mainly concerned about that BOV, if it's leaking or otherwise incorrectly installed, it could cause some idling issues.

Please post up the actual DTC, it should be in the format PXXXX. That will help us better than "or something".

Also, please don't make multiple threads, this thread should be in the Tuning section. Making your own thread is just fine, just make a single one and make sure it's in the proper section.
    Catalyst system efficiency below threshold ( bank 1. )

This is the code from the Cobb access port

Thanks again

The dreaded P0420! Disclaimer, this is all general info for all cars, there may be wrx specifics that I'm not aware of.

What that means is that the difference between the sensors in the exhaust is not above a certain level. It's how your ecu checks to see if the catalytic converter is working. So basically it looks at the exhaust gases before the cat(s) and after, and looks for an appreciable difference between them to show that the converter is making a difference.

There could be a number of causes for this:

Bad cat. Or, sometimes if you have aftermarket high flow cats they don't catalyze as much and will cause the code. This is usually what the code means, but there wouldn't be a driveability issue if that were the case, so something else must be going on either in addition to a cat issue or instead.

Other possibilities:
    A bad sensor. If the front sensor is bad that would probably cause driveability issues as it is an air/fuel sensor and actually impacts the mix the ecu implements in your engine.
    Other things that could cause that code would include fouled spark plugs, and I think timing could do it as well (I'm going off of memory and can't look this all up at the moment, so if I was wrong in any way or left anything out hopefully someone else will fix that!)
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"