New shift boot and sub sytem installed

This is a discussion on New shift boot and sub sytem installed within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys I finally got my new shift boot from redline installed, its black with red stitching, looks much better ...

I Support ClubWRX

New shift boot and sub sytem installed

Hey guys I finally got my new shift boot from redline installed, its black with red stitching, looks much better than stock. Also got my diamond audio sub and amp installed, it sounds amazing and hClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0007.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	102260Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0008.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	102261its pretty hard
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

where did you get the enclosure? It looks really nice. Saves trunk space too which I like.
    Bryan | Stink-Eye Mob #265

07 Impreza Outback Sport, 5spd
    Sad I don't have this anymore:
    2012 WRX Premium, Plasma Blue Pearl hatch, Stage 1+
    check out my build thread

I Support ClubWRX
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yep that's the one lokey, I got it so I could have the sub but save the space
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Beautiful installs. One of these days I'm going to order that shift boot for myself.

Now you just need a short throw and a new knob man!
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    Beautiful installs. One of these days I'm going to order that shift boot for myself.

Now you just need a short throw and a new knob man!
    I have the Subaru sts and just haven't found an aftermarket shift knob I like, then again I haven't really been looking
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

I Support ClubWRX
    also don't forget the coupon code they offer on NASIOC or on their youtube page.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    That sub enclosure is a beaut....too bad it is on the driver's side and covering the light, or I would think about getting one
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonWRX View Post
    That sub enclosure is a beaut....too bad it is on the driver's side and covering the light, or I would think about getting one
    what do you want to see back there?

Mine

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Where I park doesn't allow any light to be shed into the trunk at night...there has been one or two times that the trunk light has been quite useful to me (normally my trunk is empty too, but sometimes it is not).

mod-bug is biting! more questions....how hard is it to remove? If you ever get a flat, and need to get to the spare, how hard is it to get to? Rage, where is your amp mounted, under the front seats?
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonWRX View Post
    Where I park doesn't allow any light to be shed into the trunk at night...there has been one or two times that the trunk light has been quite useful to me (normally my trunk is empty too, but sometimes it is not).

mod-bug is biting! more questions....how hard is it to remove? If you ever get a flat, and need to get to the spare, how hard is it to get to? Rage, where is your amp mounted, under the front seats?
    Under the front seats.Can be seen here http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/interi...ing-amp-2.html

Their reply when I asked them about the rear light.

Hey Tony –

Thanks for the email and interest in our Perfect Fit Subwoofer Enclosures!

There are a couple main reasons we only produced a driver’s side model, the biggest being access to the spare tire. The factory cargo floor is one entire piece with 3-4 bend/fold lines which allow it to be removed completely from the vehicle. There is a bend/fold line on the driver’s side that runs front to back and we were able to keep the enclosure’s footprint just shy from crossing this line. With the enclosure fully installed the cargo cover can be lifted from the passenger side at a 45 degree angle to gain access to the spare. The pic attached is showing just this, the enclosure was in its proto stage here as we were building it so it looks a bit odd. The same line doesn’t exist on the passenger side so an enclosure over there would mean the cargo floor would most likely need to be cut for spare access.

I believe its due to the gas filler pipe but the passenger side interior panel doesn’t have as much room as the driver’s side, to get the same amount of depth and airspace needed the overall footprint/space taken up would have been a bit more protrusive into the precious cargo space area.

We try to keep as many functions and benefits of the cargo space available when designing new models, the spare access was the biggest issue our customers deal with and keeping that available was the number one priority. With the trunk being the entire hatch door we also figured a person would get a lot more ambient light from outside in when the hatch is open compared to a standard trunk, that and the center dome light in the car still provides a little light we figured covering the one light would be a doable compromise. "
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah it stinks its over the light, nut its not a big deal, when that sub hits I forget about it. I think its worth it I'm the end
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ