Just Bought 2012 WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Just Bought 2012 WRX within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; It looks like some of you guys on here know about Blitz performance. I'm not to fimiliar with them and ...

Just Bought 2012 WRX

It looks like some of you guys on here know about Blitz performance. I'm not to fimiliar with them and I am going to buy a turbo timer and the only company that makes a harness for the 12's is Blitz. Are they a reliable company? And does anyone have any recommendations for what kind of turbo timer I should get? Right now I'm looking at the Greddy one with the rpm controlled timing, and 0-60 and 1/4 mile calculations.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Do not buy a turbo timer. Please read the stickies, welcome to the forum and post pics

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forum.

Why do you want to get a turbo timer?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

wth are stickies? lol and turbo timers bad now?

A lot of ppl suggested to get one. Apparently I shouldn't though....

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    Completely unnecessary on the newer cars. Spend your money on something else, like a short throw shifter & bushings.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

I Support ClubWRX
    your turbo is water and oil cooled, there is no need to waste the fuel with the car idling during shut down.

ya but the point of a turbo timer is to bring the turbo from running revolutions to idle spinning speed. That way when you turn your car off right away after driving it the turbo has time to spin with oil on it, not to cool down that will take hours

Quote Originally Posted by 12wrx View Post
    ya but the point of a turbo timer is to bring the turbo from running revolutions to idle spinning speed. That way when you turn your car off right away after driving it the turbo has time to spin with oil on it, not to cool down that will take hours
    Are you shutting your car off while the RPMs are still above 3k? Do you speed into parking spaces and slam on your breaks and immediately turn the car off?

If you do either of those you don't a turbo timer, you need to learn to respect your car.

KHP
    Quote Originally Posted by TrozPSU View Post
    Are you shutting your car off while the RPMs are still above 3k? Do you speed into parking spaces and slam on your breaks and immediately turn the car off?

If you do either of those you don't a turbo timer, you need to learn to respect your car.
    +1

Turbo's spool down to idle spinning speed at the time you enter a parking lot and park. Turbo timer is a waste of time.
    Last edited by KHP; 12-19-2011 at 10:05 PM.
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

I Support ClubWRX
    Why waste money on when you can go outside and let your car warm up before driving.. Also when you shut the car off there is zero spool since more than likely you will be at idle, you will probably be out of spool long before shutting your car off as well. There is no point in putting a turbo timer on a Subaru.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 12wrx View Post
    ya but the point of a turbo timer is to bring the turbo from running revolutions to idle spinning speed.
    That's a new one.

It's about cooling it down, to avoid coking the bearing housing in older turbos. My old 1991 MR2T needed one...
    I will admit that on the rare occasion where I've been in boost right before parking, I've sat there idling for a few seconds. Paranoia, self-destroya.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.