Fix for squeaky leather seats

This is a discussion on Fix for squeaky leather seats within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm not sure if it's because I just started using the heated seat feature for the first time on the ...

Fix for squeaky leather seats

I'm not sure if it's because I just started using the heated seat feature for the first time on the car or not, but my driver's seat started making a 'squeaky' noise (for lack of a better term). It sounded so much like a noisy clutch pedal and happened when I pushed the clutch each time that at first I thought I had developed the dreaded clutch noise issue some have had with squeaky clutches, but closer listening indicated it was actually the left side of the leather seat where it bolsters out a bit around the rim and even closer inspection showed it seemed to be some kind of noise created by rubbing of the seat against the hard plastic surround (where the recline/height adjustments are at the base of the seat). Maybe the seat heater dried up some residual oil or something that was acting like a lubricant?

In any case, I treated it the same way I did the rear leather seats where they meet the hard plastic rear deck lid. I sprayed/wiped some all surface pledge on the seat in-between the plastic area and the noise all but disappeared (at least for now). Looking on Nasioc, I saw a number of people with similar issues, so maybe some will find this helpful. If anyone knows of a better fix, let me know.
    2011 WRX Limited DGM Sedan - SPT Catback - SPT STS + Kartboy Bushings - 3M Clear Bra

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Mine are so squeaky too its pretty annoying. I also thought at first it was the clutch. I have a limited hatch with the leather. I heard of someone tearing a rag and putting it in between the seats and that leather part. I will try your fix tonight instead seems to be easier.
    11 SWP LMTD Hatch SPT Exhaust, Kartboy STS w/ Bushings, 30% Tint, Red tails, Stage 1 TP Tune

After I had my car for a month, my driver seat was squeaking so I took it in to my dealership. First thing they said was sometimes the new leather does that a little until broken in. They looked at it anyway and found out it was actually a bracket on the seatrail. They replaced all the brackets and rails and its been perfect since.