Best replacement wiper blades?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Best replacement wiper blades? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; What are other people using? I've been using trico neoform beam blades for years and they're awesome. (been getting them ...

Question Best replacement wiper blades?

What are other people using? I've been using trico neoform beam blades for years and they're awesome. (been getting them at wipers123 online and they update me periodically on how old they are which is a nice extra). Very smooth and quiet and clear the water well. Anyway before I go out and buy more neoforms, was wondering if there was anything brand new out there thats notable. I gotta buy new wipers for all 4 vehicles before winter!!
    First Time Caller, Long Time Listener, Great Show - Love The Topic!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've had good success with Michelin from Costco

I Support ClubWRX
    Rain-X window treatment does wonders. If you haven't already applied it, do so.

As for wipers, I've run Rain-X Latitude (these are on the plow) and Bosch Icons in the past. I'm currently running PIAAs.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    I use Bosch Icons combined with Rain -X window treatment
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I also rock the rain-x latitude on my car.
    And like everyone said, throw some rain-x on there as well and its good.
    '88 Sub Justy *Rock in oil pan killed on freeway
    '87 Honda Civic *Bad pistons (to lazy to fix)
    '85 Nissan 200sx *Blown engine drifting
    '00 Sub Outback *Mother literally stole
    '92 Toyota Tercel *Hated it
    '02 WRX '07 kawasaki ninja. * current

I Support ClubWRX
    well, that is actually a loaded question....

If you don't mind changing blades multiple times a year, the Trico that are about 10-12 each are not bad, but they must be changed often. Here in Pittsburgh where there is high particle count in the air, and or rains or snow often, these last about 2.5 to 4 months (depending).

If you want blades that you change once a year to 18 months, those Bosch Icons are great blades, but they are pricey.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

Rain-X. It's been hands down the best I've used so far.

I Support ClubWRX
    Am I the only one that does not like treating with Rain-X?

Yes, it makes water bead and run off well. This is useful in light mist or light rain...no wipers really needed. However, I have found that in moderate rain, especially at dusk to dark, the wipers will leave trails on the glass which reduce visibility when streetlights or oncoming headlights hit it.

I first noticed this on my old CRX, then on my tC.... figured that maybe it was due to having been an old window on the CRX, or maybe bad blades on both... The issue still happened with good blades on the tC, and I used Rain-X on my WRX 2 days after I got it, and the streaks still appear. I was glad when the coating had warn off of the WRX so I could see at night in the rain.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

I've never put the treatment on my windshield, I just used rain-x latitude wiper blades (the one with a curve that sits flush to your window). I only use the treatment on my windows and side mirrors though because every single time it rains, my mirrors and side mirrors are nearly impossible to see.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by DemonWRX View Post
    Am I the only one that does not like treating with Rain-X?
    No, I'm with you on that. I actually switched to aquapel and it doesn't do the things you stated as much. With the aquapel, you only have to put it on twice a year which is very convenient...and its almost as good at month-6 as day-1.

Quote Originally Posted by d_Ziggy_2000 View Post
    I also rock the rain-x latitude on my car.
    I just couldn't get the latitudes to work right on my vehicles. They were too stiff and left lots of streaks, especially in the center of each blade. The adpater/attachment seemed cheesy too. Its too bad because the blades themselves look super beefy and cool.

So I went from latitudes to icons and the icons were better but pricey. Thats when I switched to neoforms and so far have gotten slightly better performance for less money. Have any of these companies come out with anything new that anyone likes?

I have used the Bosch Icons before and had great results with them.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX
    I am going to be replacing my blades in the next few days or weeks and ran into an issue. I am going to be using the Bosch Icons on the front (24A and 16A), but I have a hatch, so I need another one for the rear, and it seems that the local stores (according to their sites) only have one blade option as the rear blade is 14" and uses a different arm type. What do you other 08+ hatch owners use for the rear blade?

I am planning on buying them online as they are cheaper that way, but I need to know what to look for (many vendors don't list correct fitment on all blades).
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DemonWRX View Post
    I am going to be replacing my blades in the next few days or weeks and ran into an issue. I am going to be using the Bosch Icons on the front (24A and 16A), but I have a hatch, so I need another one for the rear, and it seems that the local stores (according to their sites) only have one blade option as the rear blade is 14" and uses a different arm type. What do you other 08+ hatch owners use for the rear blade?

I am planning on buying them online as they are cheaper that way, but I need to know what to look for (many vendors don't list correct fitment on all blades).
    Get the icons if you want but I'd seriously give the neoforms a try...you will not be disappointed! I switched a few years ago. I can't help you with icon fitment online but I will tell you that wipers123 is the most organized way to lookup wipers (for trico). They not only tell you which position, they also organize them in good-better-best and filter out everything that doesn't fit. Punch your car in there and take a look.

I Support ClubWRX
    I personally have not liked any of the blades I have gotten from Trico..... that is the manufacturer that GM and some others use for all vehicles, and I have never seen a pair of Tricos last more than 3 months. I have no tried the NeoForm line, but seeing as how they are only about $1.00 to $2.00 cheaper than the Bosch that I know I will like, I don't see the point.

Additionally, this site has the same problem as the others I have gone to....one blade for the rear. No matter which level of performance, they only list one rear.... 'Trico Exact Fit Rear Integral Blade 16" (16-B)'

Depending on the site I look at, it is either 14" or 16".... I guess I will try to get to a autoparts store today and check in person
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

I Support ClubWRX
    I've had the PIAA Super Silicone on my WRX for years, and the PIAA Si-Tech Silicone on the OBXT. I find both to be better than any windscreen wiper that I've ever used.

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...
    Bugeye Mafia #338

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast