Got Iphone4 replacement doesnt seem to be pairing correctly with bluetooth now - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Got Iphone4 replacement doesnt seem to be pairing correctly with bluetooth now within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Does this work on the non-navi systems? Also, is there a way to make it display the name of the ...

Does this work on the non-navi systems? Also, is there a way to make it display the name of the caller rather than the phone number. It never made sense to me why it shows the number rather than the name. And if it can't show the name why can't it at least say who is calling.

Running on 11 WRX Premium with an HTC Evo 4G

- Thanks
    Last edited by Alternet; 10-30-2011 at 09:57 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DemonWRX View Post

THIS IS POSSIBLE!!!!!!
    Awesome! I wish I had a NAV though... Great find regardless.

Totally worked on my non navi wrx premium. Now it shows the name of the people who call.. But of course you need to add it manually.
    Woot woot.

Good call on the exporting option from the phones contact book.

From the 2011 non navi HU:

-Press the phone button to start the voice commands
    -Say "Phonebook"
    -Say "Add entry"
    -Say "By phone"
    -Navigate to your phones transfer menu for Namecards via Bluetooth, this should be possible with any phone I would hope
    -Select the number to transfer, on my phone this came before selecting to transfer via Bluetooth
    -Say "Confirm"
    -and wait for the phone to transfer to the car

Unfortunately it appears that only one contact will transfer at a time, individually. For anyone with many contacts this will take some time.

For playing music from your phone:

-From the phones Bluetooth menu, find your car as a Bluetooth device. My is called CAR M_MEDIA.
    -Access the options for that device, if I press on the CAR M_MEDIA for a second a menu comes up and I select 'Options'
    -Here I can select 'Connect', 'Phone', 'Media'. Selecting media here will allow the HU to control the phones media player.

And it may be possible that if 'Phone' here is unselected than perhaps it won't pair for phone calls. I'm not sure of this haven't tried breaking mine to fix it.

^^ Yep. Exactly what he said for the part on transferring phone contacts. It does suck that I have to individually put them in. But at least the names show up now and I don't have to look @ my phone to find out whos calling anymore.

Well done people. Well done.

I Support ClubWRX
    individually..... huh... My navi unit and Droid 3 allowed me to upload all 10 contacts I had in one shot

as for the media, I have seen reports that the navi unit can not do bluetooth streaming....can anyone confirm or deny this?
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

Quote Originally Posted by brew04 View Post
    Good call on the exporting option from the phones contact book.

From the 2011 non navi HU:

-Press the phone button to start the voice commands
    -Say "Phonebook"
    -Say "Add entry"
    -Say "By phone"
    -Navigate to your phones transfer menu for Namecards via Bluetooth, this should be possible with any phone I would hope
    -Select the number to transfer, on my phone this came before selecting to transfer via Bluetooth
    -Say "Confirm"
    -and wait for the phone to transfer to the car

Unfortunately it appears that only one contact will transfer at a time, individually. For anyone with many contacts this will take some time.

For playing music from your phone:

-From the phones Bluetooth menu, find your car as a Bluetooth device. My is called CAR M_MEDIA.
    -Access the options for that device, if I press on the CAR M_MEDIA for a second a menu comes up and I select 'Options'
    -Here I can select 'Connect', 'Phone', 'Media'. Selecting media here will allow the HU to control the phones media player.

And it may be possible that if 'Phone' here is unselected than perhaps it won't pair for phone calls. I'm not sure of this haven't tried breaking mine to fix it.
    Anyone know if iPhones can send contacts via bluetooth?

I Support ClubWRX
    from everything I have found online, it seems, as per normal Apple spec, they don't support the industry standard. The iPhone (up through atleast mid July) did not support the BT functions for sending contact info. There were a few apps that could do it, but only to other iPhones.

The only way I have found with iPhones involves using a laptop to force the info through the BT connection, or transfer the contacts to another device (another phone) and use that phone to upload.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

Quote Originally Posted by DemonWRX View Post
    individually..... huh... My navi unit and Droid 3 allowed me to upload all 10 contacts I had in one shot
    I don't believe you can do this with the non-navi's. After it says transfer by phone, you send the contact via bluetooth but than afterwards you have to say the name you want and then it ends. You have to start the process of adding a new contact all over again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.