I have $500 ish to spend on first mod.

This is a discussion on I have 0 ish to spend on first mod. within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I just got my 2011 wrx 3 days ago and I'm looking to do my first mods. I'm not ...

So I just got my 2011 wrx 3 days ago and I'm looking to do my first mods. I'm not interested in doing anything to add power. I was thinking about maybe suspension work... Front/rear sway bars w/ end links? Lowering springs? I'm coming from a Ford f250 so the handling stock is light years ahead of the f250. I don't really race around town and I find myself still driving like I'm in a truck so maybe it would be a waste to get the sway bars. I dont really like the fender gap that it has at the stock height and I was trying to find some pictures of a white 2011 wrx lowered on stock wheels either .8 in or 1 in but didn't have much luck.

I have already ordered the kart boy front rear shifter bushings. The car has the factory short throw which brings me to another question, while the shifts are short the over all height of the shifter feels and looks why to high for my liking. If I were to get a shift knob like the sphere ones that WC latheworks sells would the over all height be shortened at all?

Sent from tapatalk.
    Last edited by Hoofhearted; 10-08-2011 at 08:49 PM.
    2011 Base WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice ride. Sway bars and end links would be good. watch mods that void the warranty
    Yellow lights mean go faster!!!

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Lowering springs are nice but just know that it may affect your ride quality since you're doing it on factory dampening system that wasn't designed for a lower ride height.

I think that the sway bars will probably be a better idea depending on how you drive and if you drive on roads with a lot of turns...I'm only speaking this from a "first modification" stand point. I'm sure you want your first mod to be something that you actually notice.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

Quote Originally Posted by KronosPerformance View Post
    Lowering springs are nice but just know that it may affect your ride quality since you're doing it on factory dampening system that wasn't designed for a lower ride height.

I think that the sway bars will probably be a better idea depending on how you drive and if you drive on roads with a lot of turns...I'm only speaking this from a "first modification" stand point. I'm sure you want your first mod to be something that you actually notice.
    There are not many roads with turns where I live, picture a graph paper and that's where I live. Freeway on ramps are about the only curves I see.

Sent from tapatalk.
    Last edited by Hoofhearted; 10-08-2011 at 08:52 PM.
    2011 Base WRX

$250 epic lowering springs.. will still have wheel gap but it levels out the front with the rear and gets rid of the body roll. I installed mine today and im very happy with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofhearted View Post
    There are not many roads with turns where I live, picture a graph paper and that's where I live. Freeway on ramps are about the only curves I see.

Sent from tapatalk.
    That sounds like hell. I'd say swaybars too but if you're not going to get to enjoy them every time you drive, it's a bit pointless. If you're not willing to risk voiding the warranty you're pretty limited in terms of performance mods. I'd save up some more money and put in a killer sound system.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofhearted View Post

Sent from tapatalk.
    That sounds like hell. I'd say swaybars too but if you're not going to get to enjoy them every time you drive, it's a bit pointless. If you're not willing to risk voiding the warranty you're pretty limited in terms of performance mods. I'd save up some more money and put in a killer sound system.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdbrendan View Post
    I'd save up some more money and put in a killer sound system.
    That's the route I went. You can check it out here...
    2011 WRX sedan audio install, JL audio, eclipse, CDT, Audiocontrol

Sent from iPhone
    2011 Base WRX

mud flaps, they will keep the tires from kicking everything on the road onto the doors

Sways are a must on these cars.

Quote Originally Posted by PartyPizza View Post
    Sways are a must on these cars.
    Why?

The stock wrx has a lot of body roll. If you're not drag racing, sways are a good first mod.

Old thread is old. So you went with a sound system hmm. For your flat land, no turn driving id go with maybe mudflaps and an opensource stage 1 or save the rest for a downpipe and tune.

Upgrade the stock brake lines to stainless steel brake lines?

$500 bucks and you don't care to go fast? Radio. Brake lines are fine on a stock car you would get a better/cheaper gain from higher quality brake pads.
    2009 WRX - Catted DP, Torqued performance stage 2
    2011 Sportwagon TDi
    1970 Chevy Impala Convertible 454