2011 WRX Hatch HID lights oxidizing?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX Hatch HID lights oxidizing? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just washed my car but there is still a haize on them. It wont go away with soap/water. I will ...

2011 WRX Hatch HID lights oxidizing?

Just washed my car but there is still a haize on them. It wont go away with soap/water. I will be getting my car waxed/claybar on Friday so hopefully this will make it go away. Just curious does anyone else have this problem. Also my rear tails get condesation in them when I wash my car. I called the dealer about my lights and they say that is normal. The HID fronts is a new thing
    11 SWP LMTD Hatch SPT Exhaust, Kartboy STS w/ Bushings, 30% Tint, Red tails, Stage 1 TP Tune

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I dont get water in my tail lights even when I hit them with a pressure washer, it's not normal. Can't comment on the HIDs, I don't have them
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

I Support ClubWRX
    I have heard that there is a condensation problem with the front headlights on the 2011.I noticed it once in my left headlight when it rained.But haven't seen it again.Show it to the dealer.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

KHP
    I have the limited factory HID's and have yet to see this issue since last winter. Maybe because I live in a desert?
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

I feel like having them replace them all when i go in for my 3750 mile first oil change. Its annoying the car is new and the front lights look old b/c and the blurryness. The condensation is annoying as wel.. Doesnt make sense that "it is normal for the rear tails" to do that. Why should water get in? Im going to call the dealer I bought the car from and ask them
    11 SWP LMTD Hatch SPT Exhaust, Kartboy STS w/ Bushings, 30% Tint, Red tails, Stage 1 TP Tune

I Support ClubWRX
    First oil change is at 7500 miles.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I'm pretty sure there was a service bulletin changing the oil mileage to 3750. I noticed a little bit of condensation in my rears and just a hair around the edges of my fronts. Nothing major that hasn't cleared up already though.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    First oil change is at 7500 miles.
    Craziness!
    Stink eye mob #727

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolcanoe View Post
    I'm pretty sure there was a service bulletin changing the oil mileage to 3750.
    Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    Craziness!
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I recall someone bringing it up, and it wasn't me!!
    Stink eye mob #727

I have nothing to add, but just wanted to say that's funny

Dealer told me to come at 3500 miles for first oil change

I Support ClubWRX
    Educate your dealer.Show him the manual & tell him to use synthetic oil as the manual says.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

its definitely 7500 for the first oil change however... The My Subaru website thing that Subaru does list both a Recommended factory maintenance schedule, and a dealer recommended maintenance schedule, with the dealership recommending 3500.

Any as to the topic of headlights oxidizing I have an 201 STI limited and never noticed the HIDs doing that yet.

I Support ClubWRX
    a letter sent to one of our forum members

"Dear X,
    Thank you for contacting Subaru of America, Inc.
    We are sorry for the confusion surrounding this situation and hope that you are enjoying the ownership of your WRX.
    As of August 2010, Subaru of America Inc. now offers Genuine Subaru Synthetic 5W-30 Motor Oil.
    Genuine Subaru Synthetic 5W-30 Motor offers:
    Superior protection against oil breakdown for a cleaner running engine and long engine life.
    Increased protection against varnishing and deposits.
    Superior lubrication reduces engine wear across the operating temperature range and optimizes fuel economy.
    Reduces oil loss due to evaporation and burn off.
    Recommended for (2010 and prior) Turbo-charged engines but is required for all 2011 Turbo charged engines.
    The new oil change intervals of every 7,500 miles applies only to MY 2011 turbo-charged vehicles that come from factory with Genuine Subaru Synthetic Oil.
    If you need any more information, please feel free to contact us again.
    Best wishes,
    Kelly Shinault
    Subaru of America, Inc."

another reply

"Some dealers do recommend a change earlier than that, though it is not required to maintain your warranty.

Sincerely,

Zach Powers
    CDS Representative
    Subaru of America, Inc."

It's your money.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast