Aftermarket oil filter for 2011 WRX

This is a discussion on Aftermarket oil filter for 2011 WRX within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello, can't get Subaru parts up here in Northern Maine, oddly enough. No dealer. Can anybody recommend an aftermarket oil ...

Aftermarket oil filter for 2011 WRX

Hello, can't get Subaru parts up here in Northern Maine, oddly enough. No dealer. Can anybody recommend an aftermarket oil filter compatible with the 2011 WRX? Thanks, and please include the part number.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

you can buy oem filters online.

Yes, I know OEM parts can be purchased online. In my case, however, the price of shipping an oil filter costs more than the item itself. As such, I'm hoping to buy a good aftermarket filter at a local car parts store. We have AutoZone, CarQuest, NAPA, etc.

I wouldn't really trust any of the products you can get at a store like AuoZone or Pep Boys or whatever.

IMO the best thing would be to see if a vendor has a discount deal if you buy a few of them. Back when i had my BMW a few vendors had a really really good deal on them if you bought like 10+ filters at once.

Maybe see if you can buy a few online and get a discounted price and then the shipping wouldn't be too bad.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

If you have autozone, pepboys, etc then they have a book that lists what part number of what filter brand fits your car, why ask here?

Sent from my iPwn 4 using Tapatalk

Fred Beans Parts | OEM Performance Products & Accessories, Replacment Parts, Aftermarket Accessories sells 6 packs of oil filters at a discount. That is where I get mine.
    ~Stan
    '04 WRB WRX Wagon (Build) - Hard Parked, AutoX Toy
    '08 WRX ~ Daily Beaten ~ '86 BMW 325es ~ "The Chump"

"I was raised knowing there is a replacement for displacement, it's called engineering."

Napa Gold(made by WIX) #1365 or Purolator PureONE will work great.
    '11 WRX Hatch
    Lightning Red

I Support ClubWRX
    I think the STP filter is actually designed with the correct pressure in mind for a Subaru. There could be others; contact the manufacturers and ask if concerned.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Wix 51365 or a larger filter is Wix 51356

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Hold_Fast View Post
    Fred Beans Parts | OEM Performance Products & Accessories, Replacment Parts, Aftermarket Accessories sells 6 packs of oil filters at a discount. That is where I get mine.
    +1 Subaru Oil Filters & Washers - 6 Pack
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    I think the STP filter is actually designed with the correct pressure in mind for a Subaru. There could be others; contact the manufacturers and ask if concerned.
    This is the important part.

Any old filter of the right size will fit right, and if you change it often enough, the quality of the filter really isn't too important. The thing is, Subaru oil pressure goes higher than the spring tension for most oil filters in normal driving, so you're not getting the filtration.
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

Ive heard the oem subaru filters are poor quality. They are made with paper end caps now and are made in Canada not Japan. Napa Gold and Mobil 1 are pretty compariable tho to perform better.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Thank you for completing what I was too lazy to do.
    ~Stan
    '04 WRB WRX Wagon (Build) - Hard Parked, AutoX Toy
    '08 WRX ~ Daily Beaten ~ '86 BMW 325es ~ "The Chump"

"I was raised knowing there is a replacement for displacement, it's called engineering."

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Hold_Fast View Post
    Thank you for completing what I was too lazy to do.
    I used something called "Google" & besides I love Fred Beans.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.