which axleback?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on which axleback? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; my sister and i wanna get an axleback for our 2011 2.5i premium. no honda things going on, we just ...

which axleback?

my sister and i wanna get an axleback for our 2011 2.5i premium.

no honda things going on, we just want a little more rumble for our car. we're still in break in right now, so its gonna be a bit before we even want to change anything except the oil. so what fits on a 2.5i premium, and what isnt going to sound like a civic.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Check this link out

Exhaust FAQ: Read if you are thinking of buying one! - NASIOC

That should answer your questions about both the sound (which won't ever replicate a civic) and they type of exhaust.

If you have anyother questions make sure to check this out Unabomber's Manifesto - NASIOC it is an amazing resource that can answer almost any question

Nothing you buy for a flat four engine will sound like a civic, there's no need to worry about that. Exhaust are personal preference, it all depends on how loud you want, what style tip, future plans, stuff like that. I would say start searching you tube to get an idea (although not a great way, its better than nothing) or, if possible, find people with exhausts on their Subarus and have a listen.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

i was thinking the WRX/STI exhausts would definitely not fit on this car..? and i'm not seeing many companies that make pipes for normal imprezas, or do they pretty much all run the same diameter pipe?

I Support ClubWRX
    what sort of exhaust tips do you have on the 2.5i?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

i cant really describe it. we have the hatch, so its only a single tip. and its like the cheap typed tips that comes on pretty much all base model cars, the ones that arent really flashy at all, they're just brown and thin walled metal tubing, sorry i couldnt elaborate more, i just dont really know what to call it.

I Support ClubWRX
    I mean't to ask if you have single tips on both sides?Or is it double tips on one side?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

single tip right side only. hatches dont come both sides for models below WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Okay.I did some searching but unfortunately came up with nothing.The only example I found was a bit too obnoxious.My suggestion to you would be to contact Nameless Performance Inc. | Contact Us , preferably call Jason & tell him what you are looking for.I have their axleback on my WRX.

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

well thats kinda cool, they're from washington, but yeah when the time comes when we can get the axle back, i'll give them a call to see if they can do anything about fitting one to a 2.5i. thanks for the help.

I Support ClubWRX
    I didn't notice that you are from WA too.Even better.I know that they are looking for prototypes.If there was enough demand they might use your car for fitments.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

well they're kind of far, maybe we'll have to visit on a trip to oregon. haha they're near the boarder between oregon and washington, i'm more in the middle of washington. but yeah i'll have to look into it. it might bring up some more market for them too.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.