going the distance

This is a discussion on going the distance within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; What's the average distance you can travel on a tank of gas?...

going the distance

What's the average distance you can travel on a tank of gas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Depending on how your drive I would say around 325 miles average. I just filled up yesterday with 347 miles on the trip and it took 14.3 gallons.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

I Support ClubWRX
    Over 400 mi every week, routinely. Have reached 420 mi.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I usually get 300-310 mi to a tank

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    I can average over 25 mpg (US gallons -- just as silly as imperial gallons in concept, but smaller in practice) but that is still IMO something that should really embarrass Subaru, a company that uses outdoors adventure scenes in their advertising and even says some of their models are "green." Welcome to 1990...

The new Impreza looks much better WRT consumption so we'll see.

Going quickly is nothing special and anyone can do it. Going quickly while using less fuel is something special, and that is what performance equates to this century. Subaru have a long way to go.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Wow 400+ that's impressive. You must do alot of highway driving. I get about 320 a tank

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    ^ he might be driving a hybrid or a Honda or something lol. you never asked what car :P

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Going quickly is nothing special and anyone can do it. Going quickly while using less fuel is something special, and that is what performance equates to this century. Subaru have a long way to go.
    Absolutely. This makes the new Boss 402 Mustang, with 444 hp, all the more impressive (and desirable) when it hits 27 mpg on the highway.

Since I commute only 2 miles (total) each day, I'm afraid most of my fuel is spent running rich at startup. I'd be lucky to hit 250 miles/tank.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    I get high 300's in the truck, 320'ish in the WRX these days. A few years back I could occasionally get well over 400 out of a tank in the Ranger; I think she needs a tuneup.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Depends on how I'm driving (obviously) but I can get mid to high 300s on a regular basis. Got to 400 a couple times all highway.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by foxhound View Post
    Wow 400+ that's impressive. You must do alot of highway driving. I get about 320 a tank
    I do, and I tend to drive just a little below the speed limit. Not running the A/C really helps I have found. This means the most frugal time to drive is early in the AM, when the weather is cooler, and there is no dense traffic but there are large trucks to follow. I think the 2.0L doesn't have much of an advantage vs. the 2.5 because of the lower torque in the midrange but am not sure.

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I get about 250 miles to a tank if I baby it.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I can get around 320 a tank in my 2.0.

Banned
    270-320 when the light comes on but I usually drive it to 300-350 since I commute a lot and stopping for gas more often would take up more of my life.

In the S2000, I have to gas up at 240-270. Stupid 13 gallon tank.

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Absolutely. This makes the new Boss 402 Mustang, with 444 hp, all the more impressive (and desirable) when it hits 27 mpg on the highway.

Since I commute only 2 miles (total) each day, I'm afraid most of my fuel is spent running rich at startup. I'd be lucky to hit 250 miles/tank.
    Sure but... It's a mustang. And who really wants to be a "mustang guy"?

I am averaging 18mpg in the WRX and 10mpg in the SRT :/ hmmm maybe I should reconsider that Boss 402 over my 300
    2011 OBP WRX::Invidia Catless DP::Cobb CAI::TP 93 STG2::KB STS::Perrin Sways::