2011 Hatch Rattle - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on 2011 Hatch Rattle within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yeah the fuzzy tape was what I was referring to. Ill have to remember the fuzzy Velcro though great Idea...

Yeah the fuzzy tape was what I was referring to. Ill have to remember the fuzzy Velcro though great Idea
    Yes dear polishing the underside of the rocker panels IS important.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah, just to be clear I put the fuzzy velcro on the metal bar after I unscrewed the plastic cap and spring off, then remounted it over the fuzzy velcro. Now it has no play and no squeaks.
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - 349awhp 366 ft/lbs @ 19psi E85
    Enkei PF01s, AEM Intake, PW TMIC, TS Kompact BPV, Invidia Q300 Catless Turboback, GS EBCS
    GS Uppipe, Tial MV-S 38mm EWG, FIC 1100cc Injectors, DW DW65c FP, PTP Turbo Blanket, Zeitronix ECA Gauge
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - 349awhp 366 ft/lbs @ 19psi E85
    Enkei PF01s, AEM Intake, PW TMIC, TS Kompact BPV, Invidia Q300 Catless Turboback, GS EBCS
    GS Uppipe, Tial MV-S 38mm EWG, FIC 1100cc Injectors, DW DW65c FP, PTP Turbo Blanket, Zeitronix ECA Gauge
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

with weather here in the tri-state varying the past few days, i'm hearing rattles and squeaks during my early morning drive.

prominent is the dash squeak due to the plastics rubbing each other. plastics tend to contract when cold and expand when warm or hot. i love that the new impreza has soft cushions placed in between plastic dashboard panels, time will tell if that fixes this issue (mind you, this issue is not exclusive to subaru. most japanese cars experience this).

i also just noticed while cleaning mine, how a lot of parts on this car look loose or vibrating too much. will take photos or videos next time when i wax and buff the car.

I took mine into the dealer for the A-pillar rattle/noise. At first the mechanic seemed to doubt my claim. We couldn't really replicate the rattle in the drivers side A-pillar because it was raining and the roads by the dealer were too smooth. However, he was a pretty nice guy and went ahead and wrapped some felt around the tabs where the A-pillar slotted into the dash. Sure enough, that fixed it and that noise has disappeared completely.

Now the next most prominent noise is the trunk cover, right hand side, as numerous other posters have written about and photographed here. I'm definitely going to try one of the solutions in this thread this weekend.

tnk... i'm hearing this rattle, but on the A-pillar passenger side. will bring the car to the dealer on friday, good thing it's going to be cool the night before so the plastics will stay compressed and should be easy to hear since i live in pothole-central in NJ.

A... tried to velcro the hatch cover this morning, squeeking sound gone!

Hey I do hear that passenger side A Pillar rattle once in a while, but it doesn't bother me as much as the clickety clacking sounds that the privacy cover made. The cover tends to make flapping noises too if it's not shut.

I fixed another rattle today, under the passenger seat. Apparently when I got my media hub installed, the dude didn't put the second nut on the bracket and it was loose. After the carwash moved the seat, it started rattling like crazy. I went to the hardware store and bought a nut and washer for 17 cents and secured it.

HI GUYS. it sounds like we all have problem with this..It starting to get kinda annoying..I've been hacking my side paneling due to rattling noise..i got the SPT exhaust and every time i slow down when it vibrates those crickets come out...

hard plastics that's why

already booked my appointment for friday. let's see what they'll do about it.

Here's a NASIOC thread that goes over some of this as well: Buzzing 2011 Speakers - NASIOC .
    "At dawn they sleep..."

went to the dealer today for 3 things...

1 - dash rattle by the a-pillar
    2 - hatch cover sqeaking TSB
    3 - volume auto-level control not working

1 - although the rattle wasn't as pronounced as when it was colder, they were still able to hear some rattle and fixed it anyway. service advisor told me there was a TSB on it.
    2 - gave the service advisor the TSB # and told him i'm experiencing the squeaking noise. no more questions asked, he ordered the part and will come back next week for the fix
    3 - they were honest with this as they don't have a standard on this matter so they told me they have to consult SOA about how to deal with this. they should know how to deal with my problem when i come back for the hatch squeak fix.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.