2011 Hatch Rattle - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 Hatch Rattle within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I noticed a rattle in the passenger side door the other day and couldn't pin point where it was. How ...

I noticed a rattle in the passenger side door the other day and couldn't pin point where it was. How do I get in there to see whats going on?
    2011 WRX Limited 5 Door -- Blue of course

No mods - YET

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'd just take it to the dealer and have them sort it out. I'm planning on having them check out the various rattles in my car on my first oil change. The passenger door only seems to rattle when the speaker outputs a certain frequency of bass. I've seen posts about the dealer putting foam in there to stop the rattle.

I'm going to be taking it to a dealer next week for these issues. If anyone else does the same it would be great to compare notes here.

Well I couldn't take it anymore so I pulled the top plastic piece off the hatch and put some weatherstrip foam up in that bad boy. I haven't gotten rid of all the rattles so I'm gonna have to go back in there again and put some more foam. It's driving me nuts!

My security visor thing in the back was squeeking so I put some cloth between each end and the sides of the car. It helped a lot...for like 3 days. Now the squeeking is back on occassion even with the cloth in place.

I think taking out the visor altogether would get rid of all of the noise but I like having that back there since I don't have my windows tinted yet.

Quote Originally Posted by tnk479 View Post
    Where did you get the red taillights? Looks good.
    Me? Thanks. Google "blue batmobile".
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

I've got a few sqeeks and rattles in some of the places already mentioned, but my CBE masks them enough to be tolerable. I will say my last car produced so much noise from the exterior body panels, suspension, and interior parts that my WRX almost seems quiet to me.
    2011 WRX DGM hatch Cobb DP, Inv. Q300 CB, AEM intake, DW 1000cc's, DW 300 lph pump, AP w/ custom E85 tune, STS w/bushing, 3M clear bra, and tint for now...

Quote Originally Posted by Asharus View Post
    Well I couldn't take it anymore so I pulled the top plastic piece off the hatch and put some weatherstrip foam up in that bad boy. I haven't gotten rid of all the rattles so I'm gonna have to go back in there again and put some more foam. It's driving me nuts!
    You saw my pics.. man I hate rattles n buzzes.. I went to town with that 3/8" foam from Autozone. Its all over under those pannels.. not a buzz in the rear at all now. Did that some 42K mi ago and still good.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

im going to be aware of this when i get her tomorrow.

It doesn't show up for a few thousand miles.. and you're getting yours in warm weather.. so likely you wont hear anything till it gets cold out.. then.. omg holy hell they get noisy. lol
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

just like my ms3 then, bought in the summer, then boom! rattles and squeaks everywhere. lol

Yeah, I just finished foaming it up (thanks for the pics btw) and finally it's quiet again back there! I had to remove the privacy panel though, I still need to do the electrical tape fix on it to stop it from squeaking.

just got mine and same problem im taking it out limits space anyway i just tinted back glass really dark

Solved the hatch rattles... I used a piece of Velcro (fuzzy side) and stuck it on the privacy bar underneath the wobbly spring loaded plastic cap. Now no more wobbles or plasticky clicky sounds! Extra thanks to my coworker Jay for thinking of using the fuzzy Velcro when we couldn't find any electrical tape, LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Asharus View Post
    Solved the hatch rattles... I used a piece of Velcro (fuzzy side) and stuck it on the privacy bar underneath the wobbly spring loaded plastic cap. Now no more wobbles or plasticky clicky sounds! Extra thanks to my coworker Jay for thinking of using the fuzzy Velcro when we couldn't find any electrical tape, LOL!
    Congrats!!! doesnt the other side have something similar to velcro on it?
    Yes dear polishing the underside of the rocker panels IS important.

No, the other side doesn't have the spring loaded plastic, it's solid back there, and yes the outside of both plastic pieces has some "fuzzy tape" on it. I left that intact.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.