2011 Hatch Rattle - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 Hatch Rattle within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I found the source of the clicks I was hearing. It was the backseat center headrest. I duplicated the sound ...

I found the source of the clicks I was hearing. It was the backseat center headrest. I duplicated the sound when I was playing around with it, then I clicked it on the high position and it stopped clicking. Then I put it back on it's low position. No clicks on my way to work today... It sounds like there are other noises that will come up in the next few thousand miles though. I'm already at 1200 miles and I only picked up my car in 3/8/11!
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - 349awhp 366 ft/lbs @ 19psi E85
    Enkei PF01s, AEM Intake, PW TMIC, TS Kompact BPV, Invidia Q300 Catless Turboback, GS EBCS
    GS Uppipe, Tial MV-S 38mm EWG, FIC 1100cc Injectors, DW DW65c FP, PTP Turbo Blanket, Zeitronix ECA Gauge
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

picked mine up in oct of 09 (2010 model) .. today have 43K n change on it. They really are fun cars to drive.. if you're not careful the mileage racks up FAST. I do drive a lot for work purposes too though.. so I have another source of mileage. But I see it this way. Despite its little quirks and noises its an excellent car for all around purposes and its extremely fun to drive. For my application, why rent a car I'll hate when I can drive mine and make the trip that much more enjoyable? Sitting cars die.. running cars just require maintenance more often.

plus I find all the squeaks n rattles better the longer I'm in the car lol.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Yep, I used to do the 2 car setup not long ago (DD and weekend warrior) when I had a 97 318ti and a 01 540i/6, but ended up moving to a bigger place and needed to trim some fat so I figured going to one car would be a good idea. Well after DDing the 540, problems arose after almost 3 years of being problem free as a weekend warrior. I guess it didn't like my 500 mile/week work commute!
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - 349awhp 366 ft/lbs @ 19psi E85
    Enkei PF01s, AEM Intake, PW TMIC, TS Kompact BPV, Invidia Q300 Catless Turboback, GS EBCS
    GS Uppipe, Tial MV-S 38mm EWG, FIC 1100cc Injectors, DW DW65c FP, PTP Turbo Blanket, Zeitronix ECA Gauge
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

My 2011 STI is dead silent - but I only have 1,100 miles on it, so I guess a chorus of chirps, buzzes, burps, squeaks and pings are heading my way.

Quote Originally Posted by Stetson View Post
    My 2011 STI is dead silent - but I only have 1,100 miles on it, so I guess a chorus of chirps, buzzes, burps, squeaks and pings are heading my way.
    Yeah I hate to be a downer but they're coming lol.. although we're comin into warm weather.. so you may not hear anything until fall when it starts to cool off. Seems the plastic bits expand/shrink quite a bit and when warm dont make as much fuss as they do cold. Dunno, can only speak literally for my own ride and it didn't get really vocal till the temp started dropping.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Damn guys I dunno... some days the rattles are there, some days they're not. Subarus, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Asharus View Post
    Damn guys I dunno... some days the rattles are there, some days they're not. Subarus, LOL.
    Sure its not your license plate?
    Yes dear polishing the underside of the rocker panels IS important.

Pretty sure, I have 4 screws on it.

I got a CBE, and miraculously, the noises diappeared
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Yes, I have the same problem on my 2011 wrx hatchack. I removed it for now because it was annoying.

Unfortunately I then developed a new, similar rattle in my front, drivers side pillar (is that called the "A-pillar"?). It's annoying me and I am considering taking the car to the dealer for a repair. Any advice?

Hmm. I thought the front-left rattle was from my boost gauge install. Maybe not?
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

I Support ClubWRX
    I have developed a couple of rattles that I have learned to ignore,one is from somewhere on the front passenger door,another from somewhere on the passenger side dash.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Thanks so much for posting this, I am going to attempt your recommended fix with the A-pillar or print this out and take it to the dealer and ask them to do it at the next oil change. I know the WRX isn't a luxury car and I love the damn thing because it's so fun to drive, but come on, at only 6k miles it has as many rattles as my previous car w/100k...it's not inspiring confidence about the build quality.

I don't have a boost gauge or any modifications at this time.

Where did you get the red taillights? Looks good.

My hatch was extra "rattly" yesterday so I checked the plastic moldings. It turned out the top left molding was loose so I put some pressure on it and it clicked into the hatch. I'm not sure how it could get knocked out like that, but w/e. I still have rattling back there but it's definitely a lot less than yesterday.

I swear the way the car rattles back there that I'm driving a 12k car instead of a 30k car. Yeah I know the Imprezas start at around that price range.... I wonder if the dealer will foam it up like what some others did if I complain about it on my first oil change.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.