2011 Turbo back exhaust

This is a discussion on 2011 Turbo back exhaust within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have recently purchased a 2011 WRX base and want to change out the exhaust. I am also going to ...

2011 Turbo back exhaust

I have recently purchased a 2011 WRX base and want to change out the exhaust. I am also going to go with a catted downpipe, what do any of you suggest for the best sound and power? Does Invidia offer a bellmouth catted downpipe?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You might want to wait till you have about 3K miles on it or so before you start modding your brand new car.... id personally wait till your out of warranty first... please atleast properly break in your engine first...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    You might want to wait till you have about 3K miles on it or so before you start modding your brand new car.... id personally wait till your out of warranty first... please atleast properly break in your engine first...
    Agreed!!

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    ^ as do I...

How many miles do you even have?
    Clarke Tuned | Cobb SRI | Cobb DP | Nameless Mid-Pipe & Axleback | PW TMIC | DW65C | NGK2309 | SPT STS | RA Flaps w/Blue | Pro-Clip | KB Black Aluminum Shift Knob
    KB Front & Rear Shifter Bushings | 18x9.5 +40 Gunmetal Rota D wrapped in 265/35ZR-18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3
    Yakima Roof Rack Complete System w/ Highroller Bike Rack & Yakima Fairing | 35% Tint | Full Sound Dead | Kicker BassStation 2ea. 12" | Blue Prova Rearview

"I may appear calm, but in my head I've killed you three times."

Best sound is personal preference and there is little (if any) difference in power between brands. Invidia does make a quality exhaust (I have their cat-back and am very pleased with the quality) and they do make a bellmouth catted DP. Don't forget the tune!
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Bolted on the Invidia Q300 last weekend and I love it. Good sound, excellent quality, good price, and a good fit.

You can check out some youtube clips to help you decide which sound is best for you.
    2011 WRX DGM hatch Cobb DP, Inv. Q300 CB, AEM intake, DW 1000cc's, DW 300 lph pump, AP w/ custom E85 tune, STS w/bushing, 3M clear bra, and tint for now...

Thanks for the information guy's. I am sitting at about 1100 miles right now and can certainly wait a bit to get the exhaust. The Invidia is the way that I have been leaning, so its good to hear that you are all pleased with the system.

Quote Originally Posted by ronsincity View Post
    Thanks for the information guy's. I am sitting at about 1100 miles right now and can certainly wait a bit to get the exhaust. The Invidia is the way that I have been leaning, so its good to hear that you are all pleased with the system.
    My only gripe with it is that I bought it with the assumption that it was one of the quieter exhaust out for the WRX but it's a little louder inside the car than I would like. I ended up picking up some Dynamat and lined my entire trunk area to suppress the noise a little.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

This is one of the main reasons I went with the sedan as opossed to the hatch. I love the look of the hatch, but it also allows more road noise and in the case of an aftermarket exhaust, engine noise to enter the cabin. Kind of makes it hard to hear the radio and or the phone.

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Guess you've got the miles to at least appease Subaru's recommended break-in, I'm almost there.

I'll probably be waiting quite some time before I do a full TBE... I'm thinking just AB from Nameless will give me the noise I want and a quick tune will give me the extra ponies I'd want.
    Clarke Tuned | Cobb SRI | Cobb DP | Nameless Mid-Pipe & Axleback | PW TMIC | DW65C | NGK2309 | SPT STS | RA Flaps w/Blue | Pro-Clip | KB Black Aluminum Shift Knob
    KB Front & Rear Shifter Bushings | 18x9.5 +40 Gunmetal Rota D wrapped in 265/35ZR-18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3
    Yakima Roof Rack Complete System w/ Highroller Bike Rack & Yakima Fairing | 35% Tint | Full Sound Dead | Kicker BassStation 2ea. 12" | Blue Prova Rearview

"I may appear calm, but in my head I've killed you three times."

Quote Originally Posted by ronsincity View Post
    This is one of the main reasons I went with the sedan as opossed to the hatch. I love the look of the hatch, but it also allows more road noise and in the case of an aftermarket exhaust, engine noise to enter the cabin. Kind of makes it hard to hear the radio and or the phone.
    This is kinda funny, because out of the 11's that I've heard in person the sedans have a louder exhaust note right from the factory.

All of them could use better sound deadening.. but my hatch is pretty quiet all facts considered.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

It has been a while since you posted this so I was curious if you ever went with the Nameless AB exhaust. I have a 2011 WRX Premium sedan and was looking into the Nameless 5" axleback. Trying to avoid drone and annoying my neighbors, and I am assuming the 4" or the muffler delete is going to give me a headache. I would be interested to know what you went with and how you like it

Quote Originally Posted by Stu_Gotti View Post
    Guess you've got the miles to at least appease Subaru's recommended break-in, I'm almost there.

I'll probably be waiting quite some time before I do a full TBE... I'm thinking just AB from Nameless will give me the noise I want and a quick tune will give me the extra ponies I'd want.
    And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.