What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner
Page 1 of 72 123456789101151 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have loved WRX's for years, but have never owned one. As i am getting older, when i talk with ...

What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner

I have loved WRX's for years, but have never owned one. As i am getting older, when i talk with people about getting a new car and tell them i am looking at a WRX they say "isnt that a kids car?" and look at me funny. So here is the question to anyone that has purchased a new WRX/STI since 2008. What age were you when you purchased the car and do you regret it?

EDIT:

Just so you know what the Subaru Market Research team has found:

TheJ
    Last edited by TheJ; 05-01-2014 at 08:14 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm 34 & don't regret it one bit.Who cares what others think.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I'm 27 and this is my first wrx. The car is a teenager/boy racer dream but out of the people that have seen my car or ask about it really respect them and say it's an awesome car. I even get compliments from people much older than me.

However, my car is black, no wing, no stickers, stock exhaust, etc... Somewhat of a classy look.
    I have talked about buying an 07 WRB STi w/gold BBS before getting my car and people say no way, your car looks 10 times better. So, I would say the bold colors, big wing, loud exhaust is what attracts the younger crowd therefore giving the wrx/sti that stereotype.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

East Taut'in, Massachusetts, United States
    i just bought my 08 in november. Im 30, and i love it. then again, I was coming from an 04 hyundai tiburon, which is turning into a cheaper, "tuner" car even though its slow as molasses.
    Kartboy STS, related shifter/linkage bushings, Whiteline subframe bushing inserts, Whiteline rear differential bushing inserts, Whiteline steering rack bushings, Grimmspeed MCB, Group N tranny mount, TiC tranny cross member bushings, gimmick turbro inlet pipe, Ingen intake, PW-clone TMIC, Turbrosmart BPV, Megan catless DP, Tsudo N1 exhaust... X-wing dangly and dashboard Buddy Christ (for lulz)

I got mine 2 years ago when I was 35. Yeah, these cars do tend to lean toward the younger crowd, but I dont care. Not sure how teens & early 20s kids can get financing for 30k to 40k for a brand new one. The mommy and daddy factor excluded of course.

It immensely helps the stereotype not to be plastered in stickers, misaligned body kits and huge tail pipes.
    2011 Honda CR-Z EX
    Milano Red / Navigation / 6MT

2009 WRX hatch premium SEM #52 Traded 7/28/11
    Kartboy STS & bushings // RedlineGoods Shifter & E-brake boots // Muffler delete pipe // Window tint //

I'm 28 with an 08 WRX... I wanted a WRX as a teenager but couldn't afford one....Most my friends think it's a great car...but they also think it's ridiculous for a 28 year old to own a luxury car

I'm only 19, but my bugeye gets compliments from a lot of people 40 and over. The other day I got out of my car at Walgreens and some guy about 60 goes "That aint stock"

I guess the fact that it's a wagon helps me stay away from the childish tuner-boy crowd. My 27 year old brother just bought an 08 BMW 328Xi, and in all honesty, he looks kinda ridiculous driving that, even at his age. Maybe its the long hair and tattoos.
    -Holden
    Bugeye wagon - ERZ Uppipe - TurboXS Axleback - Swift Springs - JNA Lip

I was 31 when I first got my WRX. 6 years later, I still love the car, and I want a new one

I'm 27, people who don't know anyting about cars make fun of me and tell me it is a kid's car. I have had my 2010 WRX for one year and the only thing I regret about it, is not getting one sooner!
    Stink-Eye Mob #84

32 here.. its so far the best car I've ever owned when considering usefulness and fun factor.

I could really give a rats ass what others think, until they start making the payments for me.. they have no right to an opinion.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    .Who cares what others think.
    +1

I Support ClubWRX
    I was 49

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...
    Bugeye Mafia #338

G 5
    I'm 38. My 2011 Wrx is due in this week.

27 here, absolutely no regrets. you should never let "what others think" get in the way of ANYTHING you want!
    2011 WRX Base Hatch in Obsidian Black Pearl
    Stink-Eye Mob #027
    My Car
    - Mike

I'm 36. I often toy with the idea of getting into something like an S4, but I enjoy my car too much, and its raw, rough around the edges feel. The price is right as well. My local forum has a fairly solid cross section of ages, incomes, etc... Definitely starting to see a slight bias towards younger drivers however since WRX's are much more affordable for an older model now.
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

Page 1 of 72 123456789101151 ... LastLast