Subaru WRX Forum banner

What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner

241K views 1K replies 680 participants last post by  cassidygeorge567 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have loved WRX's for years, but have never owned one. As i am getting older, when i talk with people about getting a new car and tell them i am looking at a WRX they say "isnt that a kids car?" and look at me funny. So here is the question to anyone that has purchased a new WRX/STI since 2008. What age were you when you purchased the car and do you regret it?

EDIT:

Just so you know what the Subaru Market Research team has found:

TheJ :)

See less See more
#280 ·
30 year old engineer. Mortgage, career, dog, etc. I have loved WRX's since they first came out. Finally, I will have my own very soon (on order) and there's no shame in that!

I think they car can be tastefully modded to look a run great. I like the WRB, but stayed away from it because it does look younger. The WRX and STi has a great "respect factor" among most anyone that knows a thing or two about cars. I plan to have this car for many years.

#282 ·
I hate that you have a "Philly Burbs" location and then that damn NY logo :p

#284 ·
I'm 29 and I just picked up a 2012 WRX sedan in WRB last weekend. I used to own a 2005 Sti few years back for a short period of time but mostly I come from a Honda background. I have had a 2000 Integra Type R, which I just sold and replaced with the WRX. I owned the Type R for 5 years and it is still my favorite car of all times and the WRX definitely has some big shoes to fill. I guess we will see how it will do. :drive2:

#286 ·
:confused1 I'm going to wait a month or so to post in here, so I can tell everyone I'm 30 and to get off my damned lawn!

#305 ·
YOU ARE GONNA LOVE IT. BREAK THE MOTOR IN LIKE SUBARU SAYS AND YOU WILL HAVE A RELIABLE MONSTER OF THE ROAD. KINDA FUNNY THE HONDA BOYS AND THE MUSTANG CLOWNS WON'T EVEN LOOK AT YOU IN TRAFFIC. OH YA THE M SERIES BMW GUYS HAVE NOT FIGURED IT OUT YET. SPANKED AN M3 ON THE WAY HOME FROM WORK TONIGHT. I THINK HE GETS IT NOW.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.