What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner - Page 57
Page 57 of 71 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by scannon I bought my second WRX last week at age 69. I was 57 when I bought ...

Quote Originally Posted by scannon View Post
    I bought my second WRX last week at age 69. I was 57 when I bought the first one. No regrets and so far no one has commented about it being a kid's car but then I currently own what many people think are either kid's cars or midlife crisis cars.
    Thats awesome! I've never seen someone your age driving a WRX. Nice!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by slavik_awd_02 View Post
    Thats awesome! I've never seen someone your age driving a WRX. Nice!
    Thanks. Let me assure you I don't drive like an old fart. I had the car up to 100 mph four times on the way home from picking it up in Scottsdale. Funny how I could stay within the recommended 4k RPM break in limit and still cruise at 100 mph. I did a few track days in the 2002 WRX and plan to do some in this one. My Miata has 7k track miles on it and the Caterham has about 2k track miles on it. My doc told me to stop with the track driving after tearing the rotator cuff in my right shoulder for the second time. I have cut way back but feel a need to get the new WRX on the track to see what its limits are so I will know what it can and can't do on the canyon roads.
    2014 Crazy Cart
    2014 WRX 5 door base model
    2013 5/8ths scale Lotus 7 http://s1261.photobucket.com/user/sc...brary/Baby%207
    2011 Ram 1500
    2004 Caterham 7 SV http://www.britishv8.org/Other/SkipCannon.htm
    1992 Mazda Miata

Thanks. Let me assure you I don't drive like an old fart. I had the car up to 100 mph four times on the way home from picking it up in Scottsdale. Funny how I could stay within the recommended 4k RPM break in limit and still cruise at 100 mph. I did a few track days in the 2002 WRX and plan to do some in this one. My Miata has 7k track miles on it and the Caterham has about 2k track miles on it. My doc told me to stop with the track driving after tearing the rotator cuff in my right shoulder for the second time. I have cut way back but feel a need to get the new WRX on the track to see what its limits are so I will know what it can and can't do on the canyon roads.

Haha thats awesome. I just noticed your list of cars... "2004 Caterham 7 SV" gota say, props to you. Maybe one day when I'm old I'll be as cool as you are.

Love it. I just bought mine a couple of months shy of 54. Also have a 260z stroker. My dad was a car hound and drove a stick through his late 60's ..unfortunately carpal tunnel has derailed that, he's 79 now. I plan on pressing that pedal for a while....lol.
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

Honestly, age shouldn't matter. if your a car enthusiast then you'll be one for the rest of your life. that's how it is, by the way im 25 and work/hustle hard for my wrx sti. i use to own a accord v6 coup, bb6 honda prelude, nissan 350z and now this amazing car. LOVING IT!

first post OH YEAH!

Been wanting a WRX for a while now, but my driving record (speeding tickets) made my insurance sky rocket when I was younger. Now that I'm married and own a home at the ripe old age of 26, I decided now was the time to get one.

bought my 2014 wrx about a month ago. im 22 and graduating college in about a week. paid off my scion tc early and had been saving money for a little while. with the redesign coming i decided to scoop up a 14 before they were gone. i smile every time i drive it.

I bought my second WRX last week at age 69. I was 57 when I bought the first one. No regrets and so far no one has commented about it being a kid's car but then I currently own what many people think are either kid's cars or midlife crisis cars.
    It's so nice to see others like me who enjoy a car for what it is, regardless of age. 52 here. Highlander is for bad weather, wife uses RAV4, the others are for me!
    2014 WRX Limited, 2013 BRZ, 2013 RAV4, 2003 MR2 Spyder, 2003 Highlander

Quote Originally Posted by lidprop View Post
    I'm 63! Just got my first WRX 3 weeks ago. Do I win something?
    Have you filed for SS benefits yet? I'm filing this week (62 in March)

I'm 18, going on 19 soon and I own a 2014 WRX Hatch in PBP. Still waiting on the car though, supposed to come today! lol

I'm 42, seems to be quite a range here on this thread . Awesome that they appeal to such a wide range in age- if you think on that.

Carl

I'm 20, turning 21 in January, and I just recently picked up an '04 wrx. I'd say I'm pretty mature for my age considering I have a full time job, a wife of 1 year, and an 8 month old son(and no we didn't get married because she was pregnant. That's the normal stereotype.) I pay for everything I have. She drives a 2013 honda civic. Definitely not a stuck up guy who gets things handed to him!

iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    ~2004 Subaru Wrx - Stage 2
    ~2013 Honda Civic

-I know a lot about cars, man. I can look at any car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming.
    -Nobody remembers the guy who finished second but the guy who finished second.
    -Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.

North Egremont, Massachusetts, United States
    I'm 20. Got my first WRX a month ago..and a week in I blew a bearing (Not surprised, 115,000 on the odo, and I was ready for 5th at 130...but **** happens, learned a lesson.) While it ran, it was an amazingly fun car. Cant wait until I get it fixed. Gonna be a little easier, but its winter....and its a WRX.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogdweeb View Post
    I'm 20. Got my first WRX a month ago..and a week in I blew a bearing (Not surprised, 115,000 on the odo, and I was ready for 5th at 130...but **** happens, learned a lesson.) While it ran, it was an amazingly fun car. Cant wait until I get it fixed. Gonna be a little easier, but its winter....and its a WRX.
    Welcome to the school of hard knocks. Hopefully all will go well after the repair.
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

Im 27 with a 13 hatch. Coworker of mine is 26 with a 09 sedan. Another is also 27 with a bugeye. Not sure what year.