What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner - Page 56
+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 73 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm 18, and I'm fortunate enough to have my parents afford one for me. It's also my first stick car. ...

I'm 18, and I'm fortunate enough to have my parents afford one for me. It's also my first stick car. Definitely a blast to drive around, though I don't think I'll get another stick for my DD.
    Stay hungry, stay foolish.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

21 here with an 02 wrx. Its also my 6th car I've owned in the past 3.5 years. Went from a civic si, to audi a6 bi-turbo to this. Sold those cars in a few months, just got bored of them. Nothing is as fun as the wrx I own, so far. Plus get way more heads turned and compliments with it. I've payed for all of the cars all by my self, no mommy no daddy helping out. (not bragging, just saying not all kids have their parents pay for their cars, some do actually work for what they have) Worked since i was 14 part-time and summer breaks until I've saved up. Now with a full-time job and decent pay I can save up for a newer subaru, and dont see myself driving anything else for a while. (once a subaru guy, always a subaru guy....i guess)

Good on you!!!! I think it does make you feel better when you do it on your own steam.. although if someone wants to donate a GTR to me ....
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by slavik_awd_02 View Post
    (once a subaru guy, always a subaru guy....i guess)
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by cogito View Post
    Good on you!!!! I think it does make you feel better when you do it on your own steam.. although if someone wants to donate a GTR to me ....

Haha if only ...

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post

Wasn't being serious guy... just saying

Quote Originally Posted by AZCruisin View Post
    Sorry from bringing this from the dead but you say your 20 and bought a 2011 wrx? I'm 19 and am very interested in buying a new car ( 2011-2012 wrx ) and am wondering what kinda payments do you make? And insurance??? I was per-approved for a 2011 wrx but have yet to go talk to the dealership yet. I have a steady job makin 14.50 an hour at 80 hours a week. Did you ever find it very hard to afford the car? Thanks alot
    Bought my first wrx when I was 20 same situation as you pretty much. Payments aren't hard just save for a big down payment and get the monthly payment super low. Also shop around for insurance. I had quote that were ridiculously high until I went with liberty mutual and have full coverage for $130 a month.
    2012 Wrx SWP Hatch-Traded
    2013 Limited ISM Hatch -Current

Quote Originally Posted by AZCruisin View Post
    Sorry from bringing this from the dead but you say your 20 and bought a 2011 wrx? I'm 19 and am very interested in buying a new car ( 2011-2012 wrx ) and am wondering what kinda payments do you make? And insurance??? I was per-approved for a 2011 wrx but have yet to go talk to the dealership yet. I have a steady job makin 14.50 an hour at 80 hours a week. Did you ever find it very hard to afford the car? Thanks alot
    80 hours a week is insane. I've done it a few times myself, but dude that's not good for your health.
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

Quote Originally Posted by cogito View Post
    80 hours a week is insane. I've done it a few times myself, but dude that's not good for your health.
    Are you serious. - I wish I worked 80 hrs

23 nothing to regret.

I'm 25 and I just bought a WRX wagon

I am 25, just bought a 2011 WRB hatchback WRX with only 21,XXX miles. Third WRX, and I bought my first brand new car when I was 19. It was a 2007 impreza 2.5i SE. I have also worked for everything that I have, never had anything handed to me!
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

I bought my second WRX last week at age 69. I was 57 when I bought the first one. No regrets and so far no one has commented about it being a kid's car but then I currently own what many people think are either kid's cars or midlife crisis cars.
    2014 Crazy Cart
    2014 WRX 5 door base model
    2013 5/8ths scale Lotus 7 http://s1261.photobucket.com/user/sc...brary/Baby%207
    2011 Ram 1500
    2004 Caterham 7 SV http://www.britishv8.org/Other/SkipCannon.htm
    1992 Mazda Miata

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by poi88 View Post
    Are you serious. - I wish I worked 80 hrs
    When you're salary, working 80 hour weeks starts to suck after a while. You're basically making progressively less/hour, after 40 hours, and management begins to assume that you will continue working that hard, whenever needed.
    Regardless, I set a personal limit, a few years ago, on how much time I'm willing to spend working. More important fish to fry.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I am recognized as the most productive and hardest working member of our team and I struggle to work even 20 hours a week. I slam in the morning, but pretty soon it's break after break, then lunch, coffee run, hang out with the smokers for a bit. I would say on any given day, I probably only do about 3 - 3 1/2 hours of actual work.

Some people live to work. I work to live.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.