What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner - Page 55
Page 55 of 72 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Im 19, Every time someone asks me if my parents bought the car I just walk away. I understand that ...

Im 19, Every time someone asks me if my parents bought the car I just walk away. I understand that most kids my age are driving something payed for by mommy and daddy but there are a few, like myself, that have worked full time to get what they want. Age isn't something that should matter when it comes to cars, if you want it, get it!
    2011 Wrx Limited Sedan Silver. Nameless muffler delete, Kartboy Short throw w/ cobb knob, Rally Armor mud flaps, 30% tint... Goodbye warranty Cobb AP v3 and Sf intake. Stink-eye mob #1993

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by spotsywrx View Post
    Im 19, Every time someone asks me if my parents bought the car I just walk away. I understand that most kids my age are driving something payed for by mommy and daddy but there are a few, like myself, that have worked full time to get what they want. Age isn't something that should matter when it comes to cars, if you want it, get it!
    Ohhhhhhhhh that explains everything!!!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by spotsywrx View Post

well that clears that up.
    so your parents bought it?
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned Į\_(ツ)_/Į

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Ohhhhhhhhh that explains everything!!!
    +1... Makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

I'm 22, waiting for my 2014...hope to still be 22 by the time this thing comes in, oh the anticipation
    2014 WRX SWP Hatch

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

19, worked hard for my 03 WRX. My first legit car that I've owned myself. Working 130 hours every pay period, a head on both my car payments, and car insurance. All mods where bought with my money. Still got 5k to put into my WRX before shes finished. In the mean time I will be in my own house with some friends this coming summer. You won't regret it if you get one, some amazing machines.
    Last edited by Subarufan123; 10-20-2013 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackwrx View Post
    Well cool, hope that continues to work for ya, and insurance don't kill ya too much, its pretty bad for me and I'm 20
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackwrx View Post
    Well cool, hope that continues to work for ya, and insurance don't kill ya too much, its pretty bad for me and I'm 20
    Sorry from bringing this from the dead but you say your 20 and bought a 2011 wrx? I'm 19 and am very interested in buying a new car ( 2011-2012 wrx ) and am wondering what kinda payments do you make? And insurance??? I was per-approved for a 2011 wrx but have yet to go talk to the dealership yet. I have a steady job makin 14.50 an hour at 80 hours a week. Did you ever find it very hard to afford the car? Thanks alot

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Yeah I was going to say I do know of some cases where kids have paid for everything car-wise on their own while attending school full time...an ex GF included.
    👍 I am 19 and work full time 6am -2:30 and go to school full time 4pm-8 or 10pm and plan on buying a new wrx in less than a year ! Saving and determination goes a long ways

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Okay, I get curious to see what others are doing, now that I have a teenager.
    You 18-year-old WRX owners...are you:

1)Out of the house, financially independent?

2)Living at home, paying your parents rent?

3)Living at home, parent-subsidized?

No criticism intended, merely curious.
    Number 1. Work full time since 17 years old, I'm 19 now. Living on my own in a house with a $650 fixed mortgage rate and go to school full time. Parents have given me no contribution except given me my hardworking work ethic to afford such an amazing car

Quote Originally Posted by AZCruisin View Post
    Number 1. Work full time since 17 years old, I'm 19 now. Living on my own in a house with a $650 fixed mortgage rate and go to school full time. Parents have given me no contribution except given me my hardworking work ethic to afford such an amazing car

Glad you have it all together and are rocking. Good for you man. So many kids your age expect everything to be handed to them and done for them. Wish more would follow your lead.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by AZCruisin View Post

Glad you have it all together and are rocking. Good for you man. So many kids your age expect everything to be handed to them and done for them. Wish more would follow your lead.

27, first NEW car, also first Subie.

43 been loving wrx since '02

not sent from an iphone

I'm 39...for exactly three more weeks.

Bought my STi a couple weeks ago, and thoroughly enjoy it. I can't recall many periods over the last 20 years that I've gone long without some kind of performance oriented vehicle.

Whether that be a 1,000whp street/strip machine, M3, Ford Lightning or Cobra...etc.

I guess once you're a car guy...you're always a car guy. Regardless of age.

First Subaru, first new car, first daily that isn't a (boring) traditional automatic transmission family sedan.
    2014 WR Blue Pearl WRX Limited Sedan