What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner - Page 54
Page 54 of 70 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just bought a 2002 WRX and I am 20 going on 21 in a few months. WRXs and STIs have ...

Just bought a 2002 WRX and I am 20 going on 21 in a few months. WRXs and STIs have been in my sight as a dream car since I was 15. I do deal with a lot of the stereotypes just for the fact that I am so young. But I have found that the way you take care of the car (hand wash, work on it yourself, and TLC) factors into what people think of you, as well as the way you drive it. That being said I have gotten a lot of compliments (from all age demographics). Any car will have its stereotypes associated with it unfortunately.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

same here bought mine new a year ago at 19. paid it out cash non of that parent sponcership stuff haha, who cares what people think as long as you like the car and look back at it everytime you park it, you bought the right car.

age far as age goes... yeah, I feel like at 35 there is a stigma that I should be driving something more expensive, maybe something without a spoiler? lol Not to sure there though.

For me, the hardest part to get away from when I think that maybe I would trade my car in is that the ease of modding and extracting power out of these things is SOOOOO much cheaper than many cars that are NA. I like a lot of those cars, so don't get me wrong, but while some of these cars have more power (sometimes a lot more), they are quite limited and won't gain 20-40 hp out of just a tune... forget about adding a DP, CAI, or even some lesser expensive TMIC's... that's basically what I have with the exception of a fuel pump and a 3 port. However, while this isn't a "real" dyno... the virtual one says 320/340... add 25% to that and you have close to, or over the crank power of many other "grown-up cars". I'll always want a car that's quick because part of me feels it's important to be able to get somewhere faster, but as safely as possible.
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

16 years old

I also ask myself this... if I bought something more "grown-up"... how would I feel if I saw one going down the road? If I didn't feel like I would miss it, then it would be no big deal. Not sure i'd feel that way though and with having our
    '12 Honda Accord... we get very good mileage and most of the time it's the car that gets driven.

On a side note. Occasionally, I see an Evo X and I instantly do miss that car. To much $ for me to spend though. Don't like the STI as much as the WRX for some reason and if I could pick one other car over the WRX it would be the X lol... so I have the WRX.

If age is an issue with hobbies and choices we make....then I am REALLY out of place at 26.

Shouldn't I be getting ready to settle down with a chic and have kids ? Naaaaahhhhhhh!!

I'm more interested in what kinda car and motorcycle I'm gonna pick up !

I Support ClubWRX

What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner

Just turned 29 and will be receiving my WRX within the next 1-2months. Life is too damn short to not get what you want/deserve. If you've worked hard to get where you are and you want a minivan, buy a minivan. If you want a WRX, buy a WRX. And if you can buy a Ferrari, buy a Ferrari.

I bought the WRX because it was the best I drove and fell in love with it. My GF had a conniption when I told her that was the car I was getting. She has now warmed up to the idea. And with that said, remember one thing: until they start paying the bills, they can't stop you and they're just white noise to your happiness.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

^^This. Couldn't agree more!!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbolag11 View Post
    If age is an issue with hobbies and choices we make....then I am REALLY out of place at 26.

Shouldn't I be getting ready to settle down with a chic and have kids ? Naaaaahhhhhhh!!

I'll be 27 next month and think this car actually could be considered a "settling down" crossover car... KIND OF. I went to a car meet this weekend and there was a guy there with 2 car seats in the back of his rex. Matching stitching and all!! Coolest dad EVER.

I just had my first and ONLY child at 34.... I was never to worried about age.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazilnut View Post
    ^^This. Couldn't agree more!!

I'll be 27 next month and think this car actually could be considered a "settling down" crossover car... KIND OF. I went to a car meet this weekend and there was a guy there with 2 car seats in the back of his rex. Matching stitching and all!! Coolest dad EVER.
    I got a blue recaro baby seat to match my WRB

Quote Originally Posted by Methodical4u View Post
    I got a blue recaro baby seat to match my WRB
    The GF is pushing me to get one of these too when we have kids

To be honest with you, it's MY car, and what I want to buy...not what the girlfriend wants. A car you drive doesn't make the relationship. Yes it is nice to have input from whomever you're planning on spending the rest of your life with, but if she' going to have a conniption about it, then that's on her. Eff that.

I just lucked out to have a GF who respects cars and really loved my old STI, and my current WRX. We actually have a plan for her to take over my 2012 WRX in 2 years, and I'll step back into an STI at that time
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

So.... no babies for 2 years?

I Support ClubWRX
    Settle down at 26? Sounds like parents talking. My 20's were all about backpacking, riding motorcycles, and fathering love-children who would later populate a WRX online forum. You've got the rest of your life to worry about kids and stuff. There's really no hurry.

<==20 years older than you, with no regrets.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

18 and i pay for my 06 sti

Turn 35 in a few weeks and just bought an 08 WRX. It has been a dream car for some years now and I am finally in a position that has allowed me to make that dream a reality. Age be damned.