What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner - Page 50
Page 50 of 70 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX Agreed from my time behind the wheel of the G35. Coming from my VF34, it seemed ...

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Agreed from my time behind the wheel of the G35. Coming from my VF34, it seemed like nothing was happening..and then you'd look down and you're doing 70.
    Lol, exactly why I bought the STI so I could keep up with my 83 year old mom and her G37x, silently fast

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm 33, bought a 2013 PBP wrx premium because I had to switch to a four door with a baby on the way. Always wanted a wrx, wife gave the okay.

Registered User Turbosaurus Rex's Avatar
    Purchased my 2011 DGM WRX @ 21 w/o help from parents, but I was living at home. I also had a new Harley 48 1200 sportster, sold my bike and now living on my own.
    If I could do it again I would buy an older model to save some $$, but I love my car!
    Stink-Eye Mob #1337
    LIST OF MODS TO DO
    (------------------------THIS------LONG------------------------)
    SIZE OF BANK ACCOUNT
    (---)
    MODS DONE
    COBB AP w/ COBB SF INTAKE

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by McSprutz View Post
    I think young punks wish they had this car! I could only offered this car this year Your either a smart guy that worked really hard or your a smartass punk that sells drugs.
    I'm a smartass punk that worked really hard, so....covered.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by McSprutz View Post
    I think young punks wish they had this car! I could only offered this car this year Your either a smart guy that worked really hard or your a smartass punk that sells drugs.
    I'm a smartass punk that worked really hard, so....covered.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Love the car, but now I'm dissatisfied with my summer car (2000 Mr2 Syper) cuz its too SLOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    I got mine 2 years ago when I was 35. Yeah, these cars do tend to lean toward the younger crowd, but I dont care. Not sure how teens & early 20s kids can get financing for 30k to 40k for a brand new one. The mommy and daddy factor excluded of course.

It immensely helps the stereotype not to be plastered in stickers, misaligned body kits and huge tail pipes.
    I bought a 2013 WRX Premium Hatchback in May. I worked my ass off for this car and financed it through my own credit and everything. My parents did not help me with anything... I work over 40 hours a week and full time school to afford this amazing Subaru. While your stereotype of younger guys with subarus might be true it is not with me.

19, besides two other wrx's on this air force base with me all the other wrx/sti owners are 26+

iH4
    hmmm, 40 here... a wife, 3 kids - my oldest (7 yr. old son) thinks I drive the fastest, baddest car on the road. Well... when you can beat almost anything on the street today, you kinda are I guess... lol.
    Time for AWD fun! CBS 2013 WRX Sedan - SoCal - OC

23 and just got my WRX a few months ago. Great upgrade from a mazda3. I love it!

23 with 2011 WRX, Came from a 2010 gti. I work at a dealership so I have access to some great cars at even better prices

First Post lol I am 23 and I just bought my 2013 wrx. Traded my 2009 Miata for it and never looked back!

Quote Originally Posted by RySTI View Post
    WELLCOOOOEMMEMEME!
    haha thank you sir!

Quote Originally Posted by BMOC View Post
    61 and still honkin' - had my 13 ISM hatchie since 12/12. Always loved quick cars.
    Hi All Am I the oldies ??? 64 this year New 2013 Black 5 door WRX and I love it .
    Whew! I thought I was going to be the oldest one on the forum. 57 and just bought my first Subaru, a base WRX, after 33+ years of driving VWs. The last one, a 4-door Golf turbo that I modded with GTI suspension, sway bars, and a 3" cat-back exhaust, was a great ride - when I bought it in 2001. When I test drove a 2013 GTi before buying the WRX, I couldn't believe it. It was the same car! +20 HP, +leather upholstery, +$12k sticker, but the performance and handling hadn't changed in 12 years. If it weren't for the new-car smell I would have thought it was my old ride.

61 and 64 look great to me. I kept the last car for 12 years and would have kept it another 4 if some dingbat on a cell phone hadn't blown thru a stop sign and T-boned me. I'll count myself lucky if I last as long as the WRX!

So I'm a slow learner, but I got it. I'm enjoying the heck out of the car and can't wait until I get over 1,000 miles on it so I can open it up a little bit.
    Last edited by bizman; 07-12-2013 at 09:19 AM.

Someone had to do it...

I started a thread like this on a VW forum in 2002 - the mods shut it down "off topic." So I spent a few hours reading the thread.
    346 responses to the OP question out of 748 posts. Not a bad S/N ratio compared to most forums I've frequented!
    Average age at purchase is 30.4 years.
    Mode (most common age) is 23, with 22 responses
    youngest 15.5
    oldest 67
    25% are over 40
    11% are over 50
    7% over 55
    4% over 60
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WRX Buyer's age A.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	54.4 KB