What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner - Page 49
Page 49 of 72 FirstFirst ... 394041424344454647484950515253545556575859 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Drews I'm going to disagree with you. For every 1 enthusiast there are probably several who don't ...

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    I'm going to disagree with you. For every 1 enthusiast there are probably several who don't know a damn thing. Enthusiasts are on the small end of the scale. The people on these forums just choose to surround yourself with the enthusiasts.
    I must have not run into enough suby owners to get that kind of experience. Most of them that I know tend to know something about cars. Whether it is just the fact they know how they work or to the level of an enthusiasts. I have yet to run into someone that doesn't understand the engine that is in the car. I have run into many people that own Mustangs and I had a guy lean back from the side of his car to tell me it has a 5.0....
    Car: 2013 DGM WRX 5 Door

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkator View Post
    I must have not run into enough suby owners to get that kind of experience. Most of them that I know tend to know something about cars. Whether it is just the fact they know how they work or to the level of an enthusiasts. I have yet to run into someone that doesn't understand the engine that is in the car. I have run into many people that own Mustangs and I had a guy lean back from the side of his car to tell me it has a 5.0....
    I think you're confused. Most enthusiasts will seek out other enthusiasts. Those who are not enthusiasts don't give a crap. I probably see 20 WRX/STIs on the base and none of them are a part of this forum or NASIOC as far as I'm aware. That doesn't mean they aren't enthusiasts, but if they were, I'm sure they'd be aware of the meets and other things that go on in the area.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I got 2013 wrx, Im 23, I pay for ther not parents.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    I got 2013 wrx, Im 23, I pay for ther not parents.
    Doesn't count unless you've moved out on your own.
    Congrats on the nice car, though.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

27 here I personally don't care what other people think. I drove a 1998 black bug with a 5 speed in high school and college, sure I got picked on but most of the time it was from the Civic crowd. I grew up in a pretty low income area but my family was very well off. The civic's were always lower end never a SI. They would pick on my until the saw me roast the tires in 1st and chirp them in 2nd and 3rd and there highly abused civic would only drink oil.... Anyway I went from that to a 2008 Scion XB and now have a 2011 Ford Edge Limited V6 Awd. The WRX is my fiancé's. We traded in her 06 Mazda 6s for it. She drove my bug once back in high school so I know she can get get used to the 5 speed. I have been driving her car and teaching her to drive it at night. The only time I think it is silly for someone to drive certain cars is like a 80 year old man driving a Ford Taurus Sho and never leaves 30mph town or someone drives a really nice car but lives in a dump....

Quote Originally Posted by Valkator View Post
    It is hard to find someone that owns a WRX and doesn't know a damn thing about cars.
    No offense, but you haven't been around these forums for the last 2 years or so...things have gotten bad. I'm talking to the point to where people don't actually know squat about cars and ask/do/say/think the dumbest things when it comes to WRXs. Then you try and set them right and get them on the correct path, but they don't want to hear it and outright yell at you for trying to help. Then they go and do the dumb ideas in the first place. It's become very frustrating.

What you had explained though, seems to be what it was when I first got into Subarus back in 2006...it's gotten very far away from that now, sadly.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    No offense, but you haven't been around these forums for the last 2 years or so...things have gotten bad. I'm talking to the point to where people don't actually know squat about cars and ask/do/say/think the dumbest things when it comes to WRXs. Then you try and set them right and get them on the correct path, but they don't want to hear it and outright yell at you for trying to help. Then they go and do the dumb ideas in the first place. It's become very frustrating.

What you had explained though, seems to be what it was when I first got into Subarus back in 2006...it's gotten very far away from that now, sadly.
    That is sad.

Oh Well. The DSM world as well keeps growing with more and more idiots. On DSMtooners (yes it is misspelled on purpose) they just talk about stupid crap now. Use to be more technical.
    Car: 2013 DGM WRX 5 Door

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post

Yeah... what happened here? I signed out for a couple months and I came back and everything I read is like "cool story, bro... herrafrush that mofo"
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by etnpnys View Post
    Yeah... what happened here? I signed out for a couple months and I came back and everything I read is like "cool story, bro... herrafrush that mofo"
    Bro, do you even lift?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

36, just bought it yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by etnpnys View Post
    Guess it's just the times. You should see it over at Nasioc. It's like that movie "Idiocracy"

Most of us here now just make fun of the way it's all going at least. So to noobs, we come off as being mean.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I just bought mine last week, 2013 WRX sedan and I am 22...I saw someone talking about parents helping and I financed this car on my own with my own money down and no cosigns. Then again I do have good credit and a good job so its more than possible at this age. I'm sure the majority of the younger crowd will tend to have the older models as they are obviously used and cheaper

I'm a OLD SMART at 56 and proud to say it....currently driving my 2nd WRX (2013), have also owned a 2005 STI...and 4 other SUBIES, not to mention a EVO 9, and quite a few American Muscle Cars...I swear by Subaru and not @ them...
    -MACE-
    *HAVE YOU HAD YOUR WRX TODAY!*

New owner of a 2005 WRX STI I'm 37 , I think young punks wish they had this car! I could only offered this car this year Your either a smart guy that worked really hard or your a smartass punk that sells drugs. But either way SMART CHOICE.
    I bought mine all broken and tomorrow its ready I love this car so much I'm selling my TOYOTA SUPRA NA, besides I'm from Montreal you should see the size of our pot holes, in general there a foot square and several inches deep we drive rally style here! And we are dangerously bad
    I drove it all week with check engine light on , leaky muffler, 2 bad spark plugs, and bald tires. And I still love it!!!
    All I can say is WOW what power, What a beast. I can only describe it as pavement ripping fun.
    Today my mechanic called and ask me how many HP I wanted to have and he said with the setup I got in the car I was able to get from 350hp-500hp depending on how much fuel I want to use. But that the car was running at 250hp max and that anywhere near 500hp could kill me fast and that I should practice at 375hp I can't wait
    I'll get pictures soon BLack and GOLD.