What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner - Page 44
Page 44 of 72 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm 26, this is my first "brand new" Car 2013 wrx and love it! Insurance is 0 per month (i ...

Registered User xcelerated010026's Avatar
    I'm 26, this is my first "brand new" Car 2013 wrx and love it! Insurance is $170 per month (i come from a background of speeding tickets). I wanted one when i was younger but insurance was more then the car payment! Truth be told probably best i didn't have one when i was younger!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by xcelerated010026 View Post
    I'm 26, this is my first "brand new" Car 2013 wrx and love it! Insurance is $170 per month (i come from a background of speeding tickets). I wanted one when i was younger but insurance was more then the car payment! Truth be told probably best i didn't have one when i was younger!
    Same here, 26 years old first new car 2013 wrx. Also have a history of speeding tickets.....but somehow managed to get insured for $105 per month.

Registered User xcelerated010026's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thegamer1587 View Post
    Same here, 26 years old first new car 2013 wrx. Also have a history of speeding tickets.....but somehow managed to get insured for $105 per month.
    Nice, who's that through? I currently have Progressive but am thinking about getting a quote from Geico.

Quote Originally Posted by xcelerated010026 View Post
    Nice, who's that through? I currently have Progressive but am thinking about getting a quote from Geico.
    Erie

I'm 30 and got my 2013 wrx back in November. I've been wanting one since early 2000s but I could not afford one since I was on only making minimum wage and was still in school. So 10+years later and going through school. I was able to save up and get this car. I'm enjoying it. I think it was worth the wait.
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

nearly 38. was 'forced unwillingly' into buying my 02 wagonX. (riiiiight) wife says...you need four doors. you need 4 wheel drive. you need room for dogs and gear and friends glaring out the window at my camaro that ive owned since 94. i say, ok. ill buy a subaru! she says...*blink blink* ok! ya, forced lol. i avoided buying a pickup with a wrx. i like pickups, i really do...i just fix them all day and see the huge repair bills and labor plus expensive parts and think naaaa i dont need this. my wrx wagon fits perfectly. its old enough to work on(parts are available aftermarket and no warrenty concerns) awd and DAMN zippy. i can haul two big dogs wife and two friends PLUS all of our sporting gear inside or racked on top. 30+mpg if im really careful(more likely not, 22-24mpg so far) i can sneak around town. ive never tested it but i suspect it would beat my camaro in a even to slightly unfair race even quater mile and its not wimpy! so i just about got it all. oh, going from liability on the camaro plus F.C. on our trailblazer to full coverage on both subie and trailblazer our insurance went down. was only paying 37$ a month on the camaro, go fig.

plus there is this. i know....math!

i loose 2 years per gear after first in any driving condition.
    loose a additional year for every 500rpm after 2500. 2 for every 500 after 5grand. ive yet to collect one of these.

so on a normal day i go from 37 to (math......driving.....math) to about 25ish just going to work. yup. keeping it.

prior rides.
    1 1979 dodge challenger. um, it was a mitsu something. little rwd 1.6l four with a 5 speed. fun at 17
    2 1969 chevy van. built 350, sidepipes, american racing alloys. full of stereo until the front window poped out in a auto car wash. motor went into my camaro.
    3 1971 dodge ruster. not a typo. could see a acre of pavement under the gas petal. project car for collage.
    4 1974 cordoba. wonderfully restored, wasted on youth. loaned to a freind...didnt get it back
    5 1964 rambler american. same and same, different friend.
    6 1981 caddy eldarado. *cough* donated to the tech school.
    7 1984 berlinetta camaro. bought in 94, project complete on graduating college. still parked in the garage. still hauls butt. still sounds great. corners on a rail. gets 8mpg, everywhere. selling for loan reduction on wrx. love to keep and restore but new house and two car payments for now=sell non driving car. sokay...some will rollover into a catless dp, accessport and a dyno tune. YAY TUNE!

30 here.
    - mikey

2013 WRX | DGM | GR | FACTORY STOCK

I'm 22 and just picked up my 2011 two weeks ago

To the OP: now you have to take all the responses and calculate the average age and then of course post the result. I'm not going to do that, but I'd like to know what it comes out at.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

41 here.

Registered User Captain Obvious's Avatar

Re: What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner

Quote Originally Posted by Ingo View Post
    To the OP: now you have to take all the responses and calculate the average age and then of course post the result. I'm not going to do that, but I'd like to know what it comes out at.
    Yeah. Thanks for taking care of that, OP.
    - mikey

2013 WRX | DGM | GR | FACTORY STOCK

Re: What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner

30 here!