What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner - Page 42
Page 42 of 71 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Sonnet's pretty delicate all fibreglass and by now oooold. I wish him success. I'd love an old Sonnet, but it ...

Registered User Sheleileigh Law's Avatar
    Sonnet's pretty delicate all fibreglass and by now oooold. I wish him success. I'd love an old Sonnet, but it would be my 'Oonly take out on sundays if the weather's perfect kind of car' Eric's old Sonnet could go pretty fast . No power steering, super stripped down (well, that car wasn't busy in the interior at all) but just an engine, brakes a steering wheel and a fibre glass shell, it could fly pretty fast !

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I am 22. My mom helped me buy my first WRX when I was 17, and I bought my STi on my own a few months ago.
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin
    2002 Midnight Black Pearl WRX (Traded In!)

2012 Ice Silver Metallic STi Sedan

Congrats on taking care of it on your own! Great feeling isn't it? I bought my first one on my own at 24.

Before that, parents had helped with other cars myself.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Congrats on taking care of it on your own! Great feeling isn't it? I bought my first one on my own at 24.

Before that, parents had helped with other cars myself.
    Best feeling in the world! Well....you know.
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin
    2002 Midnight Black Pearl WRX (Traded In!)

2012 Ice Silver Metallic STi Sedan

What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner

I'm 27 and I just bought my first subie... I've been a big Ford fan my whole life... But alas my lightning with its poor fuel economy and me having to relocate to the Colorado Springs area I have to trade her in... No regrets so far... Just miss that super charger whine...

I'm 40, and am coming from 11 years in an Outback. I'm enjoying the upgrade.

I Support ClubWRX
    I am 43. Just got rid of my 09 Camry on ebay. 3 more days until I pick up my DGM 13 hatch. Prior to the Camry I had a 2002 WS6 ... Loved it!

25 and this is the 2nd car I've purchased. Bought 2013 WRX and loving it so far... missed my 07 Civic si for about a week however haven't really thought about it since i got this car, i guess i just missed having my own car in that week lol.

I was 65 when I picked up my 2004 hatchback in 2007. I've got about 105K miles on it now, and it seems to run better than when I first got it. I do a 200 mile round trip drive almost every weekend, with half of it on 2 lane twisty 55 mph (posted limit) in upstate NY. I would've driven it harder when I was in my 20s, but I don't follow slower cars for very long. It's all stock and dealer maintained, so it will be a find for someone if I find the right Turbo-Forester with lots of goodies and and a clutch. I'm thinking of doing a few laps at Watkins Glen next summer, if I still have it.

Bought mine four months ago, 2013 sedan in white, all stock, no wing. Im 34 as much as I love this car, and love driving it there is no way I could have afforded to own this car when I was say younger than 25. It's not so much the car that would have been tough to afford but the insane insurane.
    Last edited by Pool Runner; 12-17-2012 at 10:01 AM.
    Current vehicles:

2013 WRX Sedan, Base, SWP, Wingless
    2011 Outback, Premium, 2.5i, CVT , SWP
    2011 Ford F-150, SuperCab, XLT, 5.0L, V8

Quote Originally Posted by HaroldJr View Post
    I'm 27 and I just bought my first subie... I've been a big Ford fan my whole life... But alas my lightning with its poor fuel economy and me having to relocate to the Colorado Springs area I have to trade her in... No regrets so far... Just miss that super charger whine...
    And I've had a small inkling of desire to get rid of my STI for a Lightning...ALWAYS loved those trucks. I keep saying once I pay off my car, I'm going to add one to my stable.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX

Re: What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    And I've had a small inkling of desire to get rid of my STI for a Lightning...ALWAYS loved those trucks. I keep saying once I pay off my car, I'm going to add one to my stable.
    I saw one the other day and thought of you... that yellow is one ugly color on a truck though

Beamed at your face at approx. 186,000 miles per second via DROID BIONIC
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    I saw one the other day and thought of you... that yellow is one ugly color on a truck though

Beamed at your face at approx. 186,000 miles per second via DROID BIONIC
    Yeah I wouldn't do the yellow. I'd prefer white, black, or red...like Paul Walker.

GDW
    29 here.

I'm 21, just bought 2013 WRX on my own a month ago. Got SPT exhaust and short throw shifter. Love the car so far. A bit of a change in fuel economy from my 2007 Civic though.