What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner - Page 41
Page 41 of 70 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 22, graduated in May and found a good job in august. parents didn't pay a penny for me to go ...

22, graduated in May and found a good job in august. parents didn't pay a penny for me to go to school so they are letting me live at home rent free though i may buy a place soon. using the money that would be allocated for rent to put on top of my student loan payments, extra grand per month. picking up my 2013 in a couple weeks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I am 43. My first I bought at 34.

Certainly could have bought an STI or another more expensive car.

BUT

as you can see in my profile picture I have to maintain that freakin money pit of a fishing machine in the background with one offshore trip equalling almost 2 car payments alone just in fuel.

Bottom line is that I don't see a car on the planet that offers what a WRX/STI 5 door offers. I fit so much crap in the back of that. Skis and bikes on top. It rips dry, wet, or snow. And with basic mods she is close to 300whp with improved brakes and suspension. It is pretty much as quick as 95% of the cars you see on the road if not more. AND it will run 100K+ miles trouble free easily if you are good to it.

A WRX buyer, to me, is an educated consumer. AND I say the STI is the absolute best car in the world for the money. Only other car you can make such an argument for is a GTR but that is another price bracket.
    2012 WRX 5 door WRB

Protune, Cobb Airbox, Cobb DP, SPT Exhaust, Short throw, DBA 4000 slotted rotors, Hawk Racing Pads, Goodridge lines, Whiteline front and rear bars and endlinks.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by slowdown View Post
    AND I say the STI is the absolute best car in the world for the money. Only other car you can make such an argument for is a GTR but that is another price bracket.
    This gets quite subjective..people will differ over what is a "best car" for the money. Personally, I would add the base Corvette to that list. 430hp, a fantastic chassis, and at $50K starting, within the reach of mortals such as myself.

The GTR wouldn't get my money in any case...too many computers, not enough manual transmission.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheleileigh Law View Post
    Huh?
    I believe he was j/k on the ban.. hope I don't get banned for my response.. we all love to see Subie pics!

My Army bud had a 76 Celica while we were stationed in Texas. We would exchange vehicle now and then.
    That new car was fun to drive. He had fun riding my 76 Kawasaki 900 as well. sorry I'm 55 and forget a lot
    Rod
    2014 WRX SWP Premium sedan
    Stink-Eye Mob #57
    "Just remember, with great power comes great responsibility" - rarrior

I Support ClubWRX
    LOL, "pics or ban" is a very old forum saying. There's not but so many people on here that could ban you, anyways...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    This gets quite subjective..people will differ over what is a "best car" for the money. Personally, I would add the base Corvette to that list. 430hp, a fantastic chassis, and at $50K starting, within the reach of mortals such as myself.

The GTR wouldn't get my money in any case...too many computers, not enough manual transmission.
    I agree and probably should not have added that to the list.

However, the 5 door and AWD offers so much more versatility that there isn't anything else even close to it really. Should have clarified my point.

When you compare utility, performance, and value what else comes close?
    2012 WRX 5 door WRB

Protune, Cobb Airbox, Cobb DP, SPT Exhaust, Short throw, DBA 4000 slotted rotors, Hawk Racing Pads, Goodridge lines, Whiteline front and rear bars and endlinks.

Registered User GuntherGoldenrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slowdown View Post
    I agree and probably should not have added that to the list.

However, the 5 door and AWD offers so much more versatility that there isn't anything else even close to it really. Should have clarified my point.

When you compare utility, performance, and value what else comes close?

Agreed. The AWD is what really sold me on the WRX and Subaru's in general. I was looking at the Mazdaspeed3 and Focus ST as well during my search for a car which have similar hp output, but the WRX is a little over a second quicker 0-60. The practicality and performance of the WRX/STI make these cars imo a better bargain than say, a mustang gt.

As for the topic, I'm about to turn 22 and had I never joined the military and gone overseas (you make good money over there), I never would have been able to comfortably afford this car til probably my 30's.

bought my 12' wrx in july and i'm 18. I have older guys compliment me all the time on the car and my 56 year old dad loves to drive it
    12' WRB WRX sedan
    -Cobb Accessport- Stage 2
    -Invidia Catted DP W/Custom Catback
    -AEM CAI Intake
    -Rally Armor Urethane Mud Flaps

My first Subaru is the 2013 one I just bought recently and I am 28years old. I am a mustang guy and have owned 10+ mustangs since I was 15. The 87 coupe I still have was my first car when I was 15.
    Jason
    2013 WRX Plasma Blue 5dr-- TurboXS Catback, Forcewerks Front Lip, STI STS, 20% tint, 18x9.5 +34 Miro 398 with a 255 tire.
    1987 Ford Mustang 5.0-- Stock S/D 5.0, 150 nitrous, full drag suspension, 2900lbs with me in the car.... hanging tires since 2005. 11.97 @ 115mph with a 1.54 60ft

Re: What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostlystang View Post
    My first Subaru is the 2013 one I just bought recently and I am 28years old. I am a mustang guy and have owned 10+ mustangs since I was 15. The 87 coupe I still have was my first car when I was 15.
    Seems like a lot of Mustang guys like to DD subies. I'm one of them. My 88 GT was my first car and will always have a spot in my garage. Luckily, the WRX fits in there too.

Quote Originally Posted by raceoholic330 View Post
    Seems like a lot of Mustang guys like to DD subies. I'm one of them. My 88 GT was my first car and will always have a spot in my garage. Luckily, the WRX fits in there too.
    4 door fun family car
    Jason
    2013 WRX Plasma Blue 5dr-- TurboXS Catback, Forcewerks Front Lip, STI STS, 20% tint, 18x9.5 +34 Miro 398 with a 255 tire.
    1987 Ford Mustang 5.0-- Stock S/D 5.0, 150 nitrous, full drag suspension, 2900lbs with me in the car.... hanging tires since 2005. 11.97 @ 115mph with a 1.54 60ft

Quote Originally Posted by raceoholic330 View Post
    I'm 45 and this is my first Subie. I have had quite a few cars over the years, but after finding myself with a family, I had to go to a more family friendly vehicle and a mini van was out of the question. The 5 door is hard to beat as an all weather grocery getter, that seats 4 easily.
    A whole lot more room in the back than my '84 Capri 5.0, my '83 Z28, or my '03 Eclipse, and it's faster than all of them!

I'm 23, got a 2.5i as a daily college car. Once I pay it off I'll start modding it more in hopes to swap in a turbo motor eventually. Considering my dad and my uncles have always been in to cars and are still in to cars I don't think I will ever kick the habit.
    Ryan

Rarrior's '07 WRX Limited Journal

Some say he has never owned an Alfa Romeo.

Registered User Sheleileigh Law's Avatar
    I'm not a big picture person, never have been. I figured he couldn't ban me as he isn't a mod or admin. Was sort of a daft response, I don't have pictures of those old cars, altough a Saab Sonnet is sorta sexy and the old Celicas were ... cute ... they were cute and loads of peppy fun... my first stickshift after getting the license on Mum's station wagon ... getting off topic as I'm getting oldish at 50 as well

Speaking of Sonnets, my uncle who lives in Minnesota is currently working on a Sonnet. He bought it from my other uncle who lives in Texas. It was splitting in the middle of the body, only had 3rd gear, no interior to speak of, and engine trouble. As of now, he welded the body back together and has 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear. Slowly but surely he'll rebuild it. I think he's planning on rallying or autocrossing it but I'm not sure.
    Ryan

Rarrior's '07 WRX Limited Journal

Some say he has never owned an Alfa Romeo.