What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner - Page 40
+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 72 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX Okay, I get curious to see what others are doing, now that I have a teenager. ...

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Okay, I get curious to see what others are doing, now that I have a teenager.
    You 18-year-old WRX owners...are you:

1)Out of the house, financially independent?

2)Living at home, paying your parents rent?

3)Living at home, parent-subsidized?

No criticism intended, merely curious.
    I'm 19 but no different really. I am living somewhat on my own, i have free housing from my work and i get paid a yearly salary. Bought my Rex completely on my own with a loan. I am financially stable and haven't missed any kind of credit card/ loan or insurance payments since. Doing pretty good for a 19 year old, work just sucks.
    2005 WRX (Silver) SoCal Subie
    Blobeye Syndicate #1093
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...al-05-wrx.html - Build Thread
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/34009765@N06/ - For whatever pics i take.
    Mikie13-Spend money on hookers and blow. That's a better intake.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Conjon8811 View Post
    I am currently 24 and am looking at buying my first car and want to make it a 2013 hatchback. Still a few months out from really getting to the buying process. I am just curious as to how well dealers typcially help out with financing. I am looking to save up a good amount to put down, but I don't want to have a payment of more than $350. Hopefully I can make it work out.
    To help you out with an idea with the payment under 350, my car out the door was 31k, i put down 10k, got 3.99% interest rate, and pay $339/month with the extended warranty, woulda been $325/month without the extended warranty

Quote Originally Posted by ryan523 View Post
    To help you out with an idea with the payment under 350, my car out the door was 31k, i put down 10k, got 3.99% interest rate, and pay $339/month with the extended warranty, woulda been $325/month without the extended warranty
    Right on, this helps a lot. I am aiming to put $7,000 - $10,000 on a base model. So it looks like I have some good room to work with. I just have no previous experience so I don't know what to expect when it comes to financing and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Conjon8811 View Post
    Right on, this helps a lot. I am aiming to put $7,000 - $10,000 on a base model. So it looks like I have some good room to work with. I just have no previous experience so I don't know what to expect when it comes to financing and such.
    You shouldn't have any problems getting your payment under $350 with $10k down on a base model. ...Unless you go crazy with add-ons and stuff. I got a base model, added fog lights, cargo mat, footwell illumination, rear cup holders, and the HomeLink mirror. I think I put down $10k and my payment is like $290 (?) IIRC. Financing had a deal at 1.9%.
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

I am 23, Got my 2013 WRX sedan at the end of September. I went to school and was lucky enough to get a good job so ill be making payments for the next few years. So far totally worth it, my last car was a 06 Altima that I made a ricer and now I dont see myself upgrading too much the cars great to begin with. As for your payments, I put down 8000 and Im paying 441$ a month at 4% financing over 5 years. Not fun!

Registered User Sheleileigh Law's Avatar
    50. Female. Drove Jeeps (2 Wranglers (loved 'em), 1 Patriot (ok for a soccer mom car and good in snow and ice), 1 Compass blecch) for 20 years which slowed me down.

At 16 drove Dad's 76 Celica (why he actually trusted me with that car I'll never figure out); drove 1st fiance's 1968 Saab Sonnet, then a GTI - all like a maniac.

I figure I'm now mature enough to safely drive a fast car again!

25, bought mine as a present for finishing grad school. Love it, finally finished the break-in a few days ago.

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheleileigh Law View Post
    50. Female. Drove Jeeps (2 Wranglers (loved 'em), 1 Patriot (ok for a soccer mom car and good in snow and ice), 1 Compass blecch) for 20 years which slowed me down.

At 16 drove Dad's 76 Celica (why he actually trusted me with that car I'll never figure out); drove 1st fiance's 1968 Saab Sonnet, then a GTI - all like a maniac.

I figure I'm now mature enough to safely drive a fast car again!
    Pics or ban.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Registered User Sheleileigh Law's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Pics or ban.
    Huh?

What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner

I'm 17, and I own a 2012 WRX Hatchback. Third car I have had. Compared to a 2008 Hummer H3 and a 2004 BMW 530i, Rexy beats both. love my car!!!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Shasty13 View Post
    I'm 17, and I own a 2012 WRX Hatchback. Third car I have had. Compared to a 2008 Hummer H3 and a 2004 BMW 530i, Rexy beats both. love my car!!!!!
    I'm either envious of a 17 year's old job or you have very generous parents
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackwrx View Post
    I'm either envious of a 17 year's old job or you have very generous parents
    im pretty sure that the parents helped with this.

36 - and my first WRX, probably won't be my last.

What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner

30 here. Other than wishing I went with the 2.5l over the 2.0l for the torque I love mine. It for sure will not be my last though I may move over to an LGT down the road...

I'm 52. I've always had performance oriented cars. A good car is a good car. It doesn't matter how old you are. If you enjoy the journey more than the destination, drive a fun car.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.