Subaru WRX Forum banner

What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner

241K views 1K replies 680 participants last post by  cassidygeorge567 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have loved WRX's for years, but have never owned one. As i am getting older, when i talk with people about getting a new car and tell them i am looking at a WRX they say "isnt that a kids car?" and look at me funny. So here is the question to anyone that has purchased a new WRX/STI since 2008. What age were you when you purchased the car and do you regret it?

EDIT:

Just so you know what the Subaru Market Research team has found:

TheJ :)

See less See more
#119 ·
I'm 18. Just bought my wrx last week. Gotten maybe 30 compliments from 10 year olds in walmart parking lots, to my mid 40's audi driving boss, to senior citizens. the car begs for attention. but receives the wrong attention with huge pipes and bright obnoxious colors/stickers.

#148 ·
Turning 37 in June and plan to by a WRX this month or next. I got pulled over 6 years ago in my $25k RSX and the cop asked me why a 30 year old man was in a kids car? I asked him since when did kids start getting 20k+ cars. lol My first car was 2k with no AC.

#151 ·
I'm 35, will be heading to the dealership on thursday to commence negotiations on a new limited wrx. Haven't decided on the hatch or sedan, both look good. Owned fords, dodge, chevies, buicks, and an amazingly reliable (and boring) civic.

On the topic of spoiling kids, my son is six, if he keeps good grades he'll be inheriting daddys ride 10 years from now. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.