What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner - Page 35
Page 35 of 70 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Carrazer001 Im 35 just bought it when iwas 34 and i love it!!! believe me 18 yr ...

Quote Originally Posted by Carrazer001 View Post
    Im 35 just bought it when iwas 34 and i love it!!! believe me 18 yr olds cant afford a 30000+ car .. keep that in mind! they buy cheap civics...fyi
    19 and own a 2012 wrx, no co-signer. live on my own, two states away from my parents, and pay all my own bills. just throwing that out there. Oh, and attend school full time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by djd085 View Post
    19 and own a 2012 wrx, no co-signer. live on my own, two states away from my parents, and pay all my own bills. just throwing that out there. Oh, and attend school full time.
    +1

That'll show 'em.
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    This still isn't something I'd suggest for a person your age. No matter how you justify it, you're pretty much wasting money. But that's awesome.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

41 here... Old enough to afford it, young enough to enjoy it!

:-)

I Support ClubWRX
    So many different situations out there...it can get tricky when people throw out generalizations. A good buddy of mine always had beautiful cars as a college student, and seemed to have the finest things. He'd let people believe that he worked for it all, but in reality he was a trust fund kid. He squandered money that could have set him up to retire at 40.

Sometimes I think about what I could buy if I stopped saving for the future, and told my kids that they were footing their own undergrad bill. It's fun, but makes no sense to me.

Different strokes...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    This still isn't something I'd suggest for a person your age. No matter how you justify it, you're pretty much wasting money. But that's awesome.
    Its been my dream car for as long as I can remember. Got a promotion to sous chef at work and went for it. No regrets and definitely not a wast of money.

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    So many different situations out there...it can get tricky when people throw out generalizations. A good buddy of mine always had beautiful cars as a college student, and seemed to have the finest things. He'd let people believe that he worked for it all, but in reality he was a trust fund kid. He squandered money that could have set him up to retire at 40.

Sometimes I think about what I could buy if I stopped saving for the future, and told my kids that they were footing their own undergrad bill. It's fun, but makes no sense to me.

Different strokes...
    I wish I had a trust fund. I wouldnt waste it on cars, id put it towards my education and a house...
    Last edited by djd085; 06-07-2012 at 08:03 AM.

I have an older friend -colleague who always drives a nice car. He would always tell me there are few pleasures a man has like getting into a nice car everyday.
    You know what I agree! You have to strike a balance, I don't believe in being broke to drive a fun car, but I also don't believe in hoarding money and not enjoying today. You can't take the money with you when you die.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Cos70 View Post
    You can't take the money with you when you die.
    But you can die from taking too much money.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by Cos70 View Post
    I have an older friend -colleague who always drives a nice car. He would always tell me there are few pleasures a man has like getting into a nice car everyday.
    You know what I agree! You have to strike a balance, I don't believe in being broke to drive a fun car, but I also don't believe in hoarding money and not enjoying today. You can't take the money with you when you die.
    That's the older, more mature way to say: #yolo

I'm showing my age now... :-)

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I actually had to google that one...
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Its been my dream car for as long as I can remember. Got a promotion to sous chef at work and went for it. No regrets and definitely not a wast of money.
    "Dream car" is a very loose term if you ask me. A WRX is a very attainable for just about anyone since it's a mass produced economy car. When I hear the words "dream car" followed by "WRX" or something similar and often question why. To me, that's not dreaming very big. As I've gotten older I've realized that if you're not striving to achieve the best you can, you're not trying hard enough. When I use that term, I think of some sort of car that will most likely be unatainable for me. But hey, that's just my personal opinion

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    "Dream car" is a very loose term if you ask me.
    Agreed, but the WRX is still my dream car because I define "dream car" very practically as a vehicle that I can have the most fun with while it can accomplish everything that I need it to at the same time:
    * great safety ratings (kids)
    * versatile enough to be practical with kids (strollers, etc)
    * great reliability
    * fast
    * decent gas mileage
    * easy enough for the wife to drive also
    * tweakable
    * looks good
    * doesn't break my bank account (and my bank account would have to be something sustainable in a realistic world)
    * gets at least halfway decent gas mileage
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by etnpnys View Post
    Agreed, but the WRX is still my dream car because I define "dream car" very practically as a vehicle that I can have the most fun with while it can accomplish everything that I need it to at the same time:
    * great safety ratings (kids)
    * versatile enough to be practical with kids (strollers, etc)
    * great reliability
    * fast
    * decent gas mileage
    * tweakable
    * looks good
    * gets at least halfway decent gas mileage
    Mine is beyond any of those. Lol.

I Support ClubWRX
    "Dream Car" is now a meaningless term to me:

• They're just piles of steel and engineering. When I was 13 I lumped in all of this glamour and romance with it, but I've worked on too much production machinery, and seen too many "awesome cars!!11!!" become "OMGpiecesofcrap!!11!!" as time wears on, hype wears off, and people realize their deficiencies. It's just a car. Any "magic" that goes with it is a mental phenomenon. Any awesome-driving car you buy will, at some point, just be another rusted hulk. Impermanence wins.
    • There are 1- cars that I'd love to drive...and then there's 2- cars that I'd actually own. A lot have fallen out of #2 and just become #1 over the years.

Geez, that comes across all grouchieclamf.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon