What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner - Page 32
+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 73 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Honk 30 here. Should of done a poll with age brackets. Results would of been interesting to ...

Quote Originally Posted by Honk View Post
    30 here. Should of done a poll with age brackets. Results would of been interesting to see
    I did a rough tally about 100 posts back. The average age of all posts up to that point was just a hair under 30 (29.92 I believe..). Congrats on being average-ish!
    2012 PBP Limited STI
    2002 Aspen White WRX Wagon, Stage 1

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 4byfour View Post
    I'm 31 and am about 1.5 months into my '12 dgm hatch. I have to say so far I love the car and can't wait to mod it in the future.

Speaking of average age of drivers, I was on my way home from work today and spotted my identical color but only an STi. I came up next to it to give a wave and noticed the driver was about. 75 year old woman. Needless to say I was shocked, and did not get a wave back.

Odd choice for and older woman, unless it was her kid/ grand kids rally car.
    Crazy. She probably stole it

Quote Originally Posted by 2011WRX-SD View Post
    Crazy. She probably stole it
    That also explains why she didn't wave back. Car theives aren't friendly. She probably just stared back with a DFWM look.
    2012 PBP Limited STI
    2002 Aspen White WRX Wagon, Stage 1

Quote Originally Posted by Dramlin View Post
    That also explains why she didn't wave back. Car theives aren't friendly. She probably just stared back with a DFWM look.
    She didn't even look over, I doubt she had any idea what she was driving.

Quote Originally Posted by 4byfour View Post
    I'm 31 and am about 1.5 months into my '12 dgm hatch. I have to say so far I love the car and can't wait to mod it in the future.

Speaking of average age of drivers, I was on my way home from work today and spotted my identical color but only an STi. I came up next to it to give a wave and noticed the driver was about. 75 year old woman. Needless to say I was shocked, and did not get a wave back.

Odd choice for and older woman, unless it was her kid/ grand kids rally car.

STi, huh? That's pretty interesting. Hard to imagine someone letting grandma drive his STi, so I'm thinking it's hers. MrsMudgen has had '02, '05, '08, and '11 WRXes and is 58. She'll likely still be driving one when she's 75 if they still build them.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudgen View Post
    STi, huh? That's pretty interesting. Hard to imagine someone letting grandma drive his STi,
    Why wouldn't someone let their grandmother drive their STi, assuming that they're still a decent enough driver? It's just a mass-produced Japanese car with bad paint, not a prototype space vehicle.

My grandparents were a big help to me in many ways, when I was growing up. I'd gladly have thrown them the keys to anything I owned, when they were living and capable.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    +1. I've let many of my family members borrow my rex, modified or not.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Why wouldn't someone let their grandmother drive their STi, assuming that they're still a decent enough driver? It's just a mass-produced Japanese car with bad paint, not a prototype space vehicle.

My grandparents were a big help to me in many ways, when I was growing up. I'd gladly have thrown them the keys to anything I owned, when they were living and capable.
    True story. I would share my car as well with my grandparents, everything was "standard" transmission back in the day. Its like riding a bike, you never forget.

If it was hers, that is a very interesting car to purchase. Unless she just wanted a top of the line impreza. Who knows, if I see her again il just keep waving until she looks.

You youngsters have a more sharing spirit than I expected. MrsMudgen has the tee shirt: "Yes, it's fast. No, you can't drive it."

zax
    You youngsters have a more sharing spirit than I expected. MrsMudgen has the tee shirt: "Yes, it's fast. No, you can't drive it."
    I'm confused... are you referencing yourself?

Facebook me here

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    I'm confused... are you referencing yourself?
    I'm Mudgen. I'm referring to MrsMudgen, hence, my wife. 58 year old serial WRX owner.

30 when I got my first WRX ('08)...30th birthday present to myself...34 now. I'll drive them as long as they make them and still have a turbo.

Bought my first Subaru, an STi, last November. I'm 44.

I've also seen at least one elderly lady in a GR WRX sedan. Waved. She didn't wave back...hell, she might not have even seen me wave. No biggie...not everyone cares about stuff like that. I've waved at maybe 10 WRX/STis...none have waved back. Subarus on the whole...several Legacy owners have waved as they passed by. I've even gotten more waves from Evo owners than WRX owners.

It is sorta cool to see older people driving these cars, though.

zax
    I'm Mudgen. I'm referring to MrsMudgen, hence, my wife. 58 year old serial WRX owner.
    Ah! Don't worry, I got it

If the wife is happy, everyone is happy

Facebook me here

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    +1. I've let many of my family members borrow my rex, modified or not.
    same here. i just let my parents take mine down to Cape May, NJ for vacation for a week (about 350 miles one way) while their Sonata is in the shop. they had a blast and said their favorite part of the whole trip was driving it around and hearing comments from people. my dad told everybody it was his just to get reactions. if you could see my dad, you'd laugh. he's typical harley rider guy. long gray hair, long gray beard, wears a bandana, cut off tee shirt and sun glasses everywhere. it must've been pretty funny.
    2011 WRX Base Hatch in Obsidian Black Pearl
    Stink-Eye Mob #027
    My Car
    - Mike

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.