What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner - Page 3
Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm 23 and bought a '11 WRX sedan three weeks ago, my first Subie....

I'm 23 and bought a '11 WRX sedan three weeks ago, my first Subie.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    I'm 34 & don't regret it one bit.Who cares what others think.
    + /thread.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Banned
    Hood scoop, vents, flared fenders, bright colors. The WRX looks like a hotwheels concept come to life. Having said that, children arent allowed to drive so it will have to be for people who can still connect with their inner child. That and its like riding a rollercoaster so its definately for kids (aka me).

Bought mine last year as a self treat for my b-day i was 27. Like someone said who cares what anyone says. I sold my S13 time attack car for my suby. It is a car young people like, the reason I bought mine, is because of conversations a friend of mine and used to have over 10yrs ago talking about wrx's evo's long before they ever hit the US market. For me it was buying a car we used to imagin owning as kids. Hell next on my list is buying a GTR once I get my self more situated and pay off my D.D.

My wife, 35, was driving my car for a couple of days. She now wants an '11 hatch. I support this move :-) I'll just have to take it to Airboy behind her back.
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    Put me down for 43 - and if there is anyone who has an issue with it, then it is there issue - not mine. Love the car. Anyone who knows cars respects it, although I do find there are a lot of people my age who don't know what you mean when you say WRX, so I just tell them I have a "little Subaru hatch" ... and they smile politely and wonder why I would drive a car like that. They clearly have no idea what lurks inside ...
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

I was 25 going on 26 when i got mine. Made the transition from Hondas and absolutely love it. I went from being a "Honda 4 life" guy to a "Subaru 4 Life" guy, haa. My wife and I are talking about getting her either a Tribecca or a Forrester when I finish grad school.

I also get a lot of compliments from older guys. Even though there have been plenty of 'gear heads' who have snubbed their noses at my 'hot little import', buuut NONE of them would take their car to the track with me.

23. First Subaru. First brand new car. Love my WRX Couldn't be happier that I got into such a nice car at this age.

I'm 21 and bought my 2011 WRX back in September.

A gift to myself from myself for working my ass off to gradute from a reputable university in 3 years and getting a good job. I'm sure when people see me driving around they assume I'm a spoiled kid (I look younger than 21), but I don't care. I couldn't be happier with the car. Who cares what other people think??
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

Quote Originally Posted by ElVerde View Post
    I'm 21 and bought my 2011 WRX back in September.

A gift to myself from myself for working my ass off to gradute from a reputable university in 3 years and getting a good job. I'm sure when people see me driving around they assume I'm a spoiled kid (I look younger than 21), but I don't care. I couldn't be happier with the car. Who cares what other people think??
    Hard work pays off
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

i was 29 when i bought my wrx. im now 30 (yikes). my last car was a 2005 tacoma 4x4 and my wifes mazda3 hatch. we sold the tacoma in '07 so we could save to get married and buy a house, so i havent had "my own" car since 2007. having one car b/t the both of us was pretty brutal for a while, but we lived in an area of san diego that had great public trans and i had access to a company car for a good period of that also. having my own car again makes me happy...
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm 26.

I don't think it necessarily fits a market. I'm in colorado, and I see all kinds driving them.

I will admit... when ken block "got on the scene"... and then the bugeye got so cheep to purchase... we as a subaru owners group became screwed into dealing with the image that the honda civic garnered many years ago. I just hope that it doesn't end up as bad.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    I'm 26.

I don't think it necessarily fits a market. I'm in colorado, and I see all kinds driving them.

I will admit... when ken block "got on the scene"... and then the bugeye got so cheep to purchase... we as a subaru owners group became screwed into dealing with the image that the honda civic garnered many years ago. I just hope that it doesn't end up as bad.
    Same thing happened over in the 350z scene...they were always regarded as a "higher" end RWD sports car considering they held value really well...but as soon as the 370z was announced, prices of the 350 began to plummet meaning any little kid could afford a 2003 high mileage 350z...

im 25 ive had my rex since i was 22, i used to be a toyota guy.
    278whp 286tq blouch 16g @ 17.5psi
    "My 02 wagon build" http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/everyd...gon-build.html
    Operation Iraqi Freedom x3
    WRX wagon MAFIA #68

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Same thing happened over in the 350z scene...they were always regarded as a "higher" end RWD sports car considering they held value really well...but as soon as the 370z was announced, prices of the 350 began to plummet meaning any little kid could afford a 2003 high mileage 350z...
    Wow, I hadn't been paying attention, but you're right. AutoTrader has got a few in my area that are getting close to the $10K level.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon