Subaru WRX Forum banner

What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner

241K views 1K replies 680 participants last post by  cassidygeorge567 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have loved WRX's for years, but have never owned one. As i am getting older, when i talk with people about getting a new car and tell them i am looking at a WRX they say "isnt that a kids car?" and look at me funny. So here is the question to anyone that has purchased a new WRX/STI since 2008. What age were you when you purchased the car and do you regret it?

EDIT:

Just so you know what the Subaru Market Research team has found:

TheJ :)

See less See more
#85 ·
This is no child's ride. :D
I'm 32 and this is my first Rex, I wish I could have bought new but my 2008 is just right for my current budget.

#92 ·
Subaru and Mitsubishi nicely bridged a gap for us, giving us a decently-performing car in a reasonable price range that can still haul 4 people and gear comfortably. It's a "kid's car" that's somewhat practical, and a lot of folks don't quite know what to think of it when a 44-year-old dude drives up in it. Sometimes it's a nice conversation starter. "What the heck is that thing? A wagon with a hood scoop on the front?"

#93 ·
So here is what i have as of post # 92.

Age of New WRX Buyers
19 or less = 4
20 - 29 = 23
30 - 39 = 15
40 - 49 = 9
50 plus = 1
Average 31
Mode (most frequent) 25

#98 ·
The funny thing is, this is really only of those who post in this forum, which could be representative of who posts in the forums, period. I'm willing to bet that many who do own WRXs and STIs aren't really readily involved in forum life...and many I'd be willing to bet are more of a "blue collar" owner who don't have a chance to sit at a computer all day...which IMO, would explain why the 20-29 age group would be the largest group (younger, more involved in the internet age).

#94 ·
You took the time to do that? You're more bored than I am.

Reactions: rage-wrx
#102 ·
It would be nice to know accurate (non-forum) statistics for ownership, broken down by age, year and model.
"Thanks for buying a WRX from us, today, sir! Now, would you mind filling out this 6-page questionnaire to satisfy the curiosity of a bunch of nerds on a forum? Great!"

#104 ·
This wouldn't work. I guarantee that the act of filling out a 6-page questionnaire is in-and-of-itself age-biased. i.e. a professional 50-yo man/woman is much more likely to complete the questionnaire vs. a 16-yo high school student.... of course, that is "on-average," but statistically the case.

#106 ·
I know its not the most accurate way of doing it, but it was the only way i knew how. I Google searched it, but didn’t find anything. My guess is that it is probably about right with who I see driving them though.

#115 ·
well at least we have the question answered.

#116 ·
I'm 30 years old and just bought my first WRX. I would have had one at the age of 18, but I couldn't afford one. So now that I am established and can afford a nice car I treated myself. I think the color can make it look like a fast and furious car, so I went subtle and went with the dark gray. Turns heads and I get a lot of compliments. Maybe I'm going through a mid-life crisis, but it does have 4 doors and the baby car seats do fit nicely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.