What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner - Page 28
+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 72 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just picked up my '12 SWP Sedan last weekend and I'm 29. Have wanted a Subaru since I first spotted ...

Just picked up my '12 SWP Sedan last weekend and I'm 29. Have wanted a Subaru since I first spotted a WRB STI with gold wheels on a dealers lot about 10 yrs ago. I heard trumpets and the clouds parted!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I'm 29 and I don't think there is anything "boy racer" about an STI wing. It is functional if you are doing a cool 100mph+ on the highway or if you're tracking your car...but other than that, it's homage to the STI Rally heritage which is the inspiration for the STI in the first place.
    +1. In the Subaru WRX/STI pamplets (that they have at dealerships to give more info on the cars) they describe the Sedan as having the 'Signature rear spoiler'. It is iconic to the STI.
    2012 PBP Limited STI
    2002 Aspen White WRX Wagon, Stage 1

Quote Originally Posted by Dramlin View Post
    +1. In the Subaru WRX/STI pamplets (that they have at dealerships to give more info on the cars) they describe the Sedan as having the 'Signature rear spoiler'. It is iconic to the STI.
    I agree about it being iconic. And I really like the spoiler. However, at my age I need to be able to pull up to an interview, step out of the car in a $1,000 suit, and still look professional. The 2012 DGM Hatchback I should be taking possession of in a week should fit that bill just fine while not being a boring car to drive.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by etnpnys View Post
    I agree about it being iconic. And I really like the spoiler. However, at my age I need to be able to pull up to an interview, step out of the car in a $1,000 suit, and still look professional. The 2012 DGM Hatchback I should be taking possession of in a week should fit that bill just fine while not being a boring car to drive.
    If your potential employers judge you by the type of car you drive and not your ability to perform, you're trying to get hired at the wrong company. Just my .02.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    If your potential employers judge you by the type of car you drive and not your ability to perform, you're trying to get hired at the wrong company. Just my .02.
    The bottom line is, they do. I think the sti wing is pretty silly looking. Now, an sti with the wing delete is hot.
    I have a low Reynolds number

TP Stage 1 - 2012 WRX Premium 5-Door SWP
    Pics!

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXpa View Post
    The bottom line is, they do. I think the sti wing is pretty silly looking. Now, an sti with the wing delete is hot.
    Wingless looks nice and clean. But I can't honestly say that if you pull up in an STI with a big wing that your future employer will judge you. I think that if you REALLY believe that potential employers, especially large businesses, will judge you because you pull up in a car with a hood scoop, loud exhaust and obnoxious wing than you don't want to work for them. If you think that you didn't get a job because of the car that you drive, you probably need to reevaluate your resumé or interviewing skills.

I Support ClubWRX
    What if you drove up in an orange GT3?

Would the employer see you differently then?I'm sure mine would.

Then again I probably wouldn't get or need the job.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I'm 29 and I don't think there is anything "boy racer" about an STI wing. It is functional if you are doing a cool 100mph+ on the highway or if you're tracking your car...but other than that, it's homage to the STI Rally heritage which is the inspiration for the STI in the first place.
    I completely agree that it is functional on a car like the STI. Though the trunk on the new sedan is almost non-existent and I think the wing kinda smothers it. I suppose most people that buy an STI plan to beat the **** out of it, so more power to them (pun intended).

Quote Originally Posted by etnpnys View Post
    Go to Jos A. Bank and buy one get 3 free. Bet your employer won't know the difference. The previous owner of my STI was some kind of manager somewhere in his late 40s...I'm sure he did just fine. How many employers greet you in a parking lot anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Couldn't agree more with this Jimmy.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXpa View Post
    However, I agree they do. You get judged by how perfectly shaven your beard is down to how firm or wet-noodly. But I don't think my STI would look like an STI without its wing. Though I come from formerly having an STI Limited that had the trunk lip spoiler, and yes that was hot.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    I like the wing on the sedan but I also love being able to see out of my rear view mirror. I just couldn't get used to it so I went and looked at the hatchback and fell in love. The rest is history, now if I could just hurry up and get to 1000 miles so I can really open it up. . .

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    What if you drove up in an orange GT3?

Would the employer see you differently then?I'm sure mine would.

Then again I probably wouldn't get or need the job.
    I'd give anything to have an Orange GT3...those things are beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricktalife View Post
    I completely agree that it is functional on a car like the STI. Though the trunk on the new sedan is almost non-existent and I think the wing kinda smothers it. I suppose most people that buy an STI plan to beat the **** out of it, so more power to them (pun intended).
    I drive spiritedly, but certainly don't beat the heck out of it...But I will completely agree that the STI wing on the new gens does look a little odd. Not terrible...but DAMN, with a lip spoiler? So sexy...google pics. You'll see what I mean.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3

Quote Originally Posted by ZackUSAF82 View Post
    I like the wing on the sedan but I also love being able to see out of my rear view mirror. I just couldn't get used to it so I went and looked at the hatchback and fell in love. The rest is history, now if I could just hurry up and get to 1000 miles so I can really open it up. . .
    the worst thing about the STI wing...when you see a hot chick pull up in the car behind you, the wing grossly blocks the view of checking her out.

the worst thing about the STI wing...when you see a hot chick pull up in the car behind you, the wing grossly blocks the view of checking her out.

HAHA.

25 going on 26 ( ) just got my WRX two weeks ago.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13
    It blocks her face. The important parts are still visible...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    It blocks her face. The important parts are still visible...
    I find that it blocks out teh bewbs too

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.