What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner - Page 27
Page 27 of 70 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i'm 29 and will be getting the wrx hopefully next month....

i'm 29 and will be getting the wrx hopefully next month.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

28 and this will be my first subaru, i have never even been in one. I researched the hell out of reliability and power for under 30k, and found myself ordering a 2012 WRB WRX that has an ETA of 4/3.

41, and on my 2nd WRX. Love the 2012 already and haven't even had it for 24 hours yet......
    Last edited by WingedWheel; 03-31-2012 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dramlin View Post
    The youngest reported first WRX owner is 15.5

I was reading your sig. too and how long have you had your 2011 WRX? I'm thinking of trading my WRX in for an STi as well and didn't really come across anyone going from WRX to STi recently.
    2011 SWP WRX Hatch

I Support ClubWRX
    29, will be 30 in November.

Bought mine at 35, Doubt I'll ever drive anything else. Fun parts for it are getting easier to pay for as i get older. i just hope all the teenagers that get them as gifts spend the time to really understand that they have a car that will keep them busy with mods for years. wish i had been that lucky when they came out.

Quote Originally Posted by groceryburger View Post
    Bought mine at 35, Doubt I'll ever drive anything else. Fun parts for it are getting easier to pay for as i get older. i just hope all the teenagers that get them as gifts don't do something stupid to raise our insurance rates.
    Fixored.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Fixored.
    +1
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

28 and my first subaru, i haven't heard any negative comments about or towards my car being for a younger crowd. there is even a dr. at the hospital i work at that owns an 11' premium as well. like eric05mx said "The car is a teenager/boy racer dream" and a dream because they usually cant afford one. while i was in san francisco on a road trip a kid probably 16 or so walked by with his family and said in an english accent "dad that car's gangsta"
    Last edited by clt-wrx; 04-03-2012 at 12:18 PM.

19, 2012 wrx

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu View Post

I was reading your sig. too and how long have you had your 2011 WRX? I'm thinking of trading my WRX in for an STi as well and didn't really come across anyone going from WRX to STi recently.
    I've had the WRX since August 2011 (going on 8 months now) and have loved every minute of it. Prior to purchasing it I weighed the pros and cons of the WRX vs STI, and the WRX was the logical decision for me in just about every way. After buying it I couldn't stop thinking about the STI though. Finally after about 4 months I did a test drive of the STI, just to get it out of my system, and then i realized what a different car it is. Now my wallet is suffering... but it will be worth it.
    2012 PBP Limited STI
    2002 Aspen White WRX Wagon, Stage 1

I'm 42. Just got mine two days ago, after owning an X5 for a while. Love it and enjoy it.

Just got my '12 WRX less than a week ago and I am 23. This is my 5th (yes that's right) car and my very first brand new car. I have never driven a Subaru before but always heard good things about them. My last car (2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege) was much more "boy racer" than this car and I think it is a perfect blend of comfort and sport inspiration. Now the STI sedan... that wing is just freaking huge. I'm sure it is functional, but I think that screams "boy racer" more than anything and is like a target when passing the police.

Not to mention, I'm still breaking in the WRX (granny style) and it still feels faster than any car I have owned while keeping a low profile.

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricktalife View Post
    Just got my '12 WRX less than a week ago and I am 23. This is my 5th (yes that's right) car and my very first brand new car. I have never driven a Subaru before but always heard good things about them. My last car (2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege) was much more "boy racer" than this car and I think it is a perfect blend of comfort and sport inspiration. Now the STI sedan... that wing is just freaking huge. I'm sure it is functional, but I think that screams "boy racer" more than anything and is like a target when passing the police.

Not to mention, I'm still breaking in the WRX (granny style) and it still feels faster than any car I have owned while keeping a low profile.
    Lol 5th car. I have more than that in my driveway right now.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricktalife View Post

I'm 29 and I don't think there is anything "boy racer" about an STI wing. It is functional if you are doing a cool 100mph+ on the highway or if you're tracking your car...but other than that, it's homage to the STI Rally heritage which is the inspiration for the STI in the first place.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying