Subaru WRX Forum banner

What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner

241K views 1K replies 680 participants last post by  cassidygeorge567 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have loved WRX's for years, but have never owned one. As i am getting older, when i talk with people about getting a new car and tell them i am looking at a WRX they say "isnt that a kids car?" and look at me funny. So here is the question to anyone that has purchased a new WRX/STI since 2008. What age were you when you purchased the car and do you regret it?

EDIT:

Just so you know what the Subaru Market Research team has found:

TheJ :)

See less See more
#927 ·
I'm 29, just picked mine up ('14 5door) two days ago... but this has been my 'realistic' dream car since I discovered it playing Grand Turismo back in 1998. I personally have never heard the WRX described as a kids car, but maybe that's just because here in the tri-state area that is generally reserved for Hondas/Acuras... or maybe I have just been ignorant to the fact for the past 16 years because I'm such a fan of the car.

My stepfather (63) is also a fan which was no surprise to me because he is partial to 5 doors/wagons as well as performance cars, and this bad boy is both.

#928 ·
Last year we got my wife a 14 FXT. I was 29 and she was 27 at the time. Last month I traded my 06 Legacy 2.5i in on a 14 WRX hatch. I am now 30. Both my wife and I love both our cars and we each traded in our previously loved NA Subarus for some turbo goodness. It's all about smiles per gallon anyway right?

#929 ·
Bought my 14 wrx sedan limited 2 weeks ago. Im 38 and it is my first subaru ever.

Back in 07 i was about to buy an Evo 9, but instead bought 07 Chevy 2500hd crew cab 4wd with Duramax and 6 spd. I did this cuz the 04 Tundra i had left alot to be desired while towing my trailer to the desert.

After working on evos and wrx's at work, I realised that I wanted a subaru due to the layout under the hood.

I have 290 miles on the car and its stock till I hit 1000 miles and change oil.

#940 ·
I was 31 when I got my first WRX (new), 33 when I bought my first STi (new) and I'm 43 now about to get another new STi.

#961 ·
Congrats. I am a 38 year old man, driving my 14 wrx and loving it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.