Subaru WRX Forum banner

What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner

241K views 1K replies 680 participants last post by  cassidygeorge567 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have loved WRX's for years, but have never owned one. As i am getting older, when i talk with people about getting a new car and tell them i am looking at a WRX they say "isnt that a kids car?" and look at me funny. So here is the question to anyone that has purchased a new WRX/STI since 2008. What age were you when you purchased the car and do you regret it?

EDIT:

Just so you know what the Subaru Market Research team has found:

TheJ :)

See less See more
#899 ·
I am 25 and have had my 04 rex since I was 19, and have loved every single minute of it! Major props to an officer with a REX, that is really cool! I actually had a cop challenge me to a race in his pontiac G8 but never got the chance to make that race happen :p And Willy345, you are my hero. I hope to be as awesome of person as you are if I ever have grandchildren. They must really look up to you.

#900 ·
Might be the old man here got my sti at 44, and was my first subaru, always wanted one, I can afford a Porsche, but went with the sti, and have no regrets. Run autocross and it will run with the comp. White sti 2011, Decided to get my son a 2013 wrx. Picked it up last week in Corpus. I have had guys older then me compliment the car. But there not many In Texas where I am from and I like that, Be one of a kind. My bad there are some elders on this post No disrespect. I will still have mine at that age.

#921 ·
I'm 25, and probably drive the most old-person oriented Subaru here: a champagne Outback wagon. I used to do the Subaru wave to other Outbacks like mine, but all the other drivers were too busy driving 10 under the speed limit in the left lane with their blinker on to notice.

Ever been to an Outback owner's club meet? Most people call them funerals.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.