What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner - Page 23
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 73 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Mikie13 WELCOME! GOTTA FIGURE OUT HOW TO TURN OFF "CAPS LOCK" When my regime comes to power ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    WELCOME! GOTTA FIGURE OUT HOW TO TURN OFF "CAPS LOCK"
    When my regime comes to power the caps lock key shall be banished, day one!

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    My parents helped me out with insurance through high school, and most of college. The difference is that I didn't post up on a forum somewhere saying "I PAY FOR EVERYTHING!!!11!!" (not talking about recent posters...other folks that have posted in the past)

Of course, there was also no such thing as forums in the 1980's, so there's that.
    Same. I nearly always had some kind of low paying job to help out with.
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 02-21-2012 at 01:49 PM.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, I worked in some way or another through nearly all of college, and was glad to do so...and it didn't go to a fancy sports sedan.

It's funny; I reached a point where I called my father and told him not to worry about sending me any money, because I had it covered. He about fell out of his chair. I was so proud of being "independent". It would be a few more years before I fully realized how much he was still covering. (Insurance, registration on my car, Federal taxes that weren't being withheld, etc..)

/curmudgeon

...for today, at least...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Cool, a couple old guy rollin street snipers lookin for someone to spank and send home. Have a ton of fun... Be safe.

wut?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mark La Pointe View Post
    Cool, a couple old guy rollin street snipers lookin for someone to spank and send home. Have a ton of fun... Be safe.
    wait. wut?....
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Meth is a hell of a drug.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I am 21 and I just picked up my 2011 WRX a few months ago. I think that I would still stick with Subaru when I am older as well though, the WRX is just such a drivers car, age is irrelevant, if I cared what others thought when I was buying a car I would have probably picked up a V6 mustang or something dumb like that. I wanted a car that was safe, that would hold value, that has AWD(I live in Buffalo), and getting to 60 MPH in under 5 seconds was a big plus. But aside from all of that, when you drive the WRX, there is a sense of passion; the car was engineered in such a specific way for a certain kind of person, that person being a car enthusiast on a budget.

Quote Originally Posted by trarnold View Post
    I am 21 and I just picked up my 2011 WRX a few months ago. I think that I would still stick with Subaru when I am older as well though, the WRX is just such a drivers car, age is irrelevant, if I cared what others thought when I was buying a car I would have probably picked up a V6 mustang or something dumb like that. I wanted a car that was safe, that would hold value, that has AWD(I live in Buffalo), and getting to 60 MPH in under 5 seconds was a big plus. But aside from all of that, when you drive the WRX, there is a sense of passion; the car was engineered in such a specific way for a certain kind of person, that person being a car enthusiast on a budget.
    Well said sir.
    I have a low Reynolds number

TP Stage 1 - 2012 WRX Premium 5-Door SWP
    Pics!

Quote Originally Posted by WRXpa View Post
    Well said sir.
    indeed
    2012 DGM WRX Hatch // SPT CBE // Cobb AP Stage 1 // 35% tint

^^^^ All that
    As if it isn't good enough already, look into adding a SPT exhaust. I put one on my '11 hatch recently and it really improved my driving experience.

Most people dont get it,until you got it and then you get it. Enjoy the car,it is what it is. A really fun ride that will push your skills.

I'm 18, and whenever older people find out what I drive they usually almost crap themselves. Where I live, I have the best car out of anyone my age. They really hold their value, but I will never sell my baby.

18 when I got my 2011 wrx about a year ago... Saved up for YEARS and could still only put 10k down.. Thankfully I have really generous parents

im 43... just traded my 03 wagon for 07 STI sedan....i will never own anything but a subi... not counting my toyota 4x4 beater
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 07subi 007.jpg  

Purdy. Now black out the headlights
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.