What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner - Page 19
Page 19 of 72 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Amaterasu I am 18. Bought a hybrid before and moved in to this. Insurance was higher for ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu View Post
    I am 18. Bought a hybrid before and moved in to this. Insurance was higher for the hybrid due to it being a hybrid "sports car". Paying everything myself.
    Impressive! There's no way at age 18 that I could have found a job that would support a new sports sedan, rent, utilities, food, etc. Maybe if I had just worked all the time.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Impressive! There's no way at age 18 that I could have found a job that would support a new sports sedan, rent, utilities, food, etc. Maybe if I had just worked all the time.
    Haha. I had to learn the meaning of work as a little kid. It paid off but I still have some animosity towards my Dad.

And yes, it was a CRZ! Loved the car, but it died on me a month after I bought. I had an R8 owner complement me and asked if it was really a Honda.
    2011 SWP WRX Hatch

I Support ClubWRX
    What do you do for a living, if you don't mind my asking?
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

What do you do for a living, if you don't mind my asking?
    I recently quit my job in the IT field to be a full-time student. My girlfriend is working in film so we don't have to worry financially for now. I've worked at Best Buy, Toys R' Us (probably the best), and as a salesman for kitchen appliances. I actually thought about moving to somewhere such as Virginia because IT is doing so well over there. But I'm currently trying to run a home-owned business while going to school, which has been doing pretty good so far.

EDIT: I forgot to add the most important part.. I'm an independent artist, ranging from Graphic Design to Paintings, Drawings, etc. I try to do a few things per week but I hardly have anytime as is.
    Last edited by Amaterasu; 02-17-2012 at 12:20 PM.
    2011 SWP WRX Hatch

That's awesome that you're only 18 and can support the car payments and all living expenses. I know I couldn't have been able to pull it off. Virginia has great IT opportunities, I have a few classmates that were recruited for major companies in VA for IT jobs. What's the home business you are operating now?
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB
    Cobb AP Stage 1 - SPT Exhaust - Bayson R Lip - 30% Tints

2006 Honda CBR600RR
    Jardine RT-1 Exhaust - Fender Eliminator - Integrated Front & Rear Signals

2001 Audi TT - Sold

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, I'll be perfectly honest and admit that I was expecting the usual "I live with my parents, but I pay for everything" answer.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu View Post
    My girlfriend is working in film

??
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Well I'm about to turn 23 in a month, but its quite a long story as to how I was able to pick up my 2009 WRX a month and half ago or so. The short version: I used to drive a 1998 2.7L Tacoma and absolutely loved it, but turns out that the frame was part of Toyota's "rust recall" issue and they ended up buying it off of me for a helluva lot more than it was worth. I've loved anything Impreza for as long as I can remember and was luckily able to find a great one at a good price and then with Toyota's money, paid 50% for it!
    2009 WRX Hatch, WR Blue
    [Stage 2]

I'm 29, it's a 2011 WRX premium, and it's my first subaru.
    2011 Subaru WRX 5-Door
    2008 Mazda RX-8 GT

30 year old engineer. Mortgage, career, dog, etc. I have loved WRX's since they first came out. Finally, I will have my own very soon (on order) and there's no shame in that!

I think they car can be tastefully modded to look a run great. I like the WRB, but stayed away from it because it does look younger. The WRX and STi has a great "respect factor" among most anyone that knows a thing or two about cars. I plan to have this car for many years.
    I have a low Reynolds number

TP Stage 1 - 2012 WRX Premium 5-Door SWP
    Pics!

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    ??
    I Lol'd. No, she takes jobs directing and such locally. She goes to California frequently for jobs and family as well.

Yeah, I'll be perfectly honest and admit that I was expecting the usual "I live with my parents, but I pay for everything" answer.
    I've actually never gotten that from someone before. I wish I could though.. I hate this new thing called "taxes" now. Lol.
    2011 SWP WRX Hatch

Quote Originally Posted by WRXpa View Post
    30 year old engineer. Mortgage, career, dog, etc. I have loved WRX's since they first came out. Finally, I will have my own very soon (on order) and there's no shame in that!

I think they car can be tastefully modded to look a run great. I like the WRB, but stayed away from it because it does look younger. The WRX and STi has a great "respect factor" among most anyone that knows a thing or two about cars. I plan to have this car for many years.
    I hate that you have a "Philly Burbs" location and then that damn NY logo
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I hate that you have a "Philly Burbs" location and then that damn NY logo
    I hear ya. Having to deal with the Eagles and Phillies fans is the worst. At least I have the Giants! I should change it to ny transplanted to philly.
    I have a low Reynolds number

TP Stage 1 - 2012 WRX Premium 5-Door SWP
    Pics!

I'm 29 and I just picked up a 2012 WRX sedan in WRB last weekend. I used to own a 2005 Sti few years back for a short period of time but mostly I come from a Honda background. I have had a 2000 Integra Type R, which I just sold and replaced with the WRX. I owned the Type R for 5 years and it is still my favorite car of all times and the WRX definitely has some big shoes to fill. I guess we will see how it will do.

Hey all, 29 here and just picked up a premium sedan this weekend. First Subaru coming from two Honda Civic (on was Si) and a Honda Accord. I think it's safe to say that the WRX is probably going to be my favorite.

Enjoy.