Subaru WRX Forum banner

What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner

241K views 1K replies 680 participants last post by  cassidygeorge567 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have loved WRX's for years, but have never owned one. As i am getting older, when i talk with people about getting a new car and tell them i am looking at a WRX they say "isnt that a kids car?" and look at me funny. So here is the question to anyone that has purchased a new WRX/STI since 2008. What age were you when you purchased the car and do you regret it?

EDIT:

Just so you know what the Subaru Market Research team has found:

TheJ :)

See less See more
#671 · (Edited)
Honestly, the demographics have probably shifted to younger, since now an early WRX is affordable to teens with a part-time job.
I have no proof of that, though, just anecdotal.

#673 ·
There have been others in your age range...Steve (smorris) turns 60 this year, and I think he's owned a bugeye for over 10 years. But you may be on to something; the newer cars are more refined than the older, and could be more appealing to folks that are greying about the temples. (I'm allowed to say that, since I'm on the downhill slide to 50, myself. :tongue: )

#684 ·
21 about to be 22, just got a 2013 WRX DGM sedan. i look like im part of the younger end. Worked multiple jobs throughout college just... to have money. Well.. I decided to finally do something with the savings and found that it got me a good down and enough to pay off a year of payments. Will be graduating soon, hope I can find a job before the bank chases me down. I gotta admit I'm a lucky kid; my lovely mother helped me cosign for a finance and gave me 2.5k :D im spoiled

#685 ·
What a spoiled brat! :p

Lol, just kidding. Actually, I'm a little jealous. When I was 21/22 I was working full time, going to school, married, and had a kid on the way. there was no way I could have bought a new car. I was driving an 18 year old car. In fact, I've owned almost 30 cars in my life, but this 2013 WRX is the first brand new car I've ever owned. Enjoy your WRX. :D

#693 ·
I think most WRX/STi owners are either really rich teenagers or late 20s, mid 30s....only because we can afford one around that time. lol.

A friend of mine sold his 08 hawkeye to a guy that's 37. No shame. Car's a car and everyone enjoys them differently.

#701 ·
36 and first WRX. Been driving subies since '98. First one was a 97 outback sport then got a 2002 impreza TS. Recently sold that and finally got a 2011 WRX for the price of an impreza. Haha pays to shop around. For those asking about a wrx being a family car. I love it and so does my 6 year old son. My girl friend however hates my lead foot. OH and hello to everyone here as this is my first post.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.