What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner - Page 16
Page 16 of 72 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am 20 and bought my first Subaru, it would of been sooner but getting that finance and not to ...

I Support ClubWRX
    I am 20 and bought my first Subaru, it would of been sooner but getting that finance and not to mention the car insurance would be out of this world!!! Since i joined the military it became possible to afford one. I think all the crazy and over the top events like The X Games, Ken Block crazy drift, WRC, and tuner magazines portraying the car with so much after market parts and flamboyant body kits created an image of the car that many older adults tend to view them as younger generation car. But if you like the car then go for it, dont mind me the stereotypical punk that bought one and mod it to hell lol
    Asian Ricer

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

39 and just got my VIN. picking it up in a couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bang876 View Post
    I am 20 and bought my first Subaru, it would of been sooner but getting that finance and not to mention the car insurance would be out of this world!!! Since i joined the military it became possible to afford one. I think all the crazy and over the top events like The X Games, Ken Block crazy drift, WRC, and tuner magazines portraying the car with so much after market parts and flamboyant body kits created an image of the car that many older adults tend to view them as younger generation car. But if you like the car then go for it, dont mind me the stereotypical punk that bought one and mod it to hell lol
    Ding ding ding...that and the affordability is rapidly increasing. Not saying 20 is *that* young but even many 17 and 18 year olds can afford these cars, and the stupid mistakes that go with them. The same thing happened in the 350z world. They used to be more for enthusiasts who knew the car and really how to handle the power and responsibility that came with it...but now, they are becoming the affordable "civics" of our current generation.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

26 Bought my first '11 WRX and Subaru loving it. I had a 94' corvette with 24k miles on it and a 07' 335i coupe which both were amazing cars in their own way but i've gotten more complements and have had more fun driving the WRX then either of the other 2. I miss the creature comforts that come with the bmw but it would be a really tough choice to ever buy another bmw over a wrx or sti. In fact i ran a 335i sedan this past Saturday on the highway and laughed as he faded in my mirrors, cause I had wondered how well my WRX would do against the 335 I sold for her and was proud of my new WRX.
    Last edited by ReapersHouse; 01-09-2012 at 02:52 PM.

And by "ran a 335i sedan on the highway" you shut it down at speed limit because we don't like street racing right?

No offense, but I will contend that you didn't laugh and walk away from him or maybe he didn't know you were racing. They are not slow cars and are much more suited for "highway speeds." I ran a 335i coupe on a quarter mile track. I was Stage 1, he was stock. I beat him by just over a length and I ran a 13.0 flat with a 105mph trap. He had a 13.2 with a 109 trap...he was just starting to get to his highway abilities. Only reason I won is because I had the advantage of an AWD launch.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3

23 and bought my wrx in october

Just turn 21 three weeks ago and picking up my 2012 hatch in two weeks. I have been wanting a wrx hatch since 08 and now I can afford one it seems surreal to me. Because all the salesman I have talked to before I ordered my car would throw crazy numbers at me thinking I was some punk trying to get a test drive. Now that those salesman found out I was serious and have already order the its hilarious how the emails I get from them are saying they will beat anyone's price by $500. Seems like the jokes on them now. It makes me feel good to see them scrambling to get a sale when all they had to do was take me seriously. Oh well still can't wait for my car 2 and a half months is a long enough wait for me
    2012 Wrx SWP Hatch-Traded
    2013 Limited ISM Hatch -Current

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    So many young kids!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    And by "ran a 335i sedan on the highway" you shut it down at speed limit because we don't like street racing right?

No offense, but I will contend that you didn't laugh and walk away from him or maybe he didn't know you were racing. They are not slow cars and are much more suited for "highway speeds." I ran a 335i coupe on a quarter mile track. I was Stage 1, he was stock. I beat him by just over a length and I ran a 13.0 flat with a 105mph trap. He had a 13.2 with a 109 trap...he was just starting to get to his highway abilities. Only reason I won is because I had the advantage of an AWD launch.
    No don't get me wrong i respect the 335i, I did a lot of number crunching before i settled on the WRX limited before sell my 335i. The 335 has more raw power then the WRX but the weight is more then the WRX and if you compare the numbers between PWR it comes out to almost the same. The 335i seems a lil quicker due to the twin turbo system setup but if your doing about 60 in a WRX and dc to 3rd the turbo kicks with that monster force that the 335 doesn't have. The design of the 335 was to make the car seem like not that it had turbos but that it had a naturally aspirated V8 that was smooth through the entire band and not have the weight of a big block; where the WRX was not worried about this hence why you get that punch when the turbo kicks in. The sedan i was running with did do a good job of keeping up and tried but he never could get the movement to pass and i'm assuming he had an automatic cause he was a lil laggy between the up and downs when we caught up to *cough* *cough* cars driving slower and *cough* *cough* "well under the the speed limit" cause racing is very bad and should never be done illegally *cough* anyways i had my 335 for around a year and had a 6-speed and put around 24k on it in that time due to working 40 ish miles from home and a fiancee 150+ miles away ugh lots of driving. I will never say the 335 is a bad car; it is great machine to have and drive but it has many issues especially surrounding the fuel pump which can get very expensive very quickly especially if the fuel pump goes out and takes a turbo with it. The wrx is a more sound issue free car mechanically. As far as the was when he finally just gave up in the middle of a run 'to speed limit' and faded off but he did stay with me for about 5-8 miles trying to get ahead. Which anyone that has done these sprints on the highway knows its not all about what car what power you have but your ability to use all of those while using the full area of the road SAFELY. Its just like a running back he may not be the fastest but he may know how to maneuver more efficiently and use the other guys weaknesses to your advantage to get through that defensive line. All in all i was just saying that it was nice to see my 30k car could hold its on against a car that is nearly 50k. Which i thought this was ClubWRX not ClubOTHERCAR so i will always be supportive and be in favor of the WRX especially on a site designed for all things WRX.

I completely feel you Dzanga I still get that bs from car sells men they would give me the run around and not call me back and not even try to work prices with me. So when i would finally get to the point of i want that car with this for this price i hate to say this but it is how ridiculous people are, i would call my dad have him just walk in to the place and say hi and he would have to say or do anything else and they would immediately change their attitude with giving me the price i wanted. For ya'll that are thinking why didn't i go someone else i live in a smaller city and there is only 1 Subaru dealership within 120+ miles of me.

Quote Originally Posted by ReapersHouse View Post
    No don't get me wrong i respect the 335i, I did a lot of number crunching before i settled on the WRX limited before sell my 335i. The 335 has more raw power then the WRX but the weight is more then the WRX and if you compare the numbers between PWR it comes out to almost the same. The 335i seems a lil quicker due to the twin turbo system setup but if your doing about 60 in a WRX and dc to 3rd the turbo kicks with that monster force that the 335 doesn't have. The design of the 335 was to make the car seem like not that it had turbos but that it had a naturally aspirated V8 that was smooth through the entire band and not have the weight of a big block; where the WRX was not worried about this hence why you get that punch when the turbo kicks in. The sedan i was running with did do a good job of keeping up and tried but he never could get the movement to pass and i'm assuming he had an automatic cause he was a lil laggy between the up and downs when we caught up to *cough* *cough* cars driving slower and *cough* *cough* "well under the the speed limit" cause racing is very bad and should never be done illegally *cough* anyways i had my 335 for around a year and had a 6-speed and put around 24k on it in that time due to working 40 ish miles from home and a fiancee 150+ miles away ugh lots of driving. I will never say the 335 is a bad car; it is great machine to have and drive but it has many issues especially surrounding the fuel pump which can get very expensive very quickly especially if the fuel pump goes out and takes a turbo with it. The wrx is a more sound issue free car mechanically. As far as the was when he finally just gave up in the middle of a run 'to speed limit' and faded off but he did stay with me for about 5-8 miles trying to get ahead. Which anyone that has done these sprints on the highway knows its not all about what car what power you have but your ability to use all of those while using the full area of the road SAFELY. Its just like a running back he may not be the fastest but he may know how to maneuver more efficiently and use the other guys weaknesses to your advantage to get through that defensive line. All in all i was just saying that it was nice to see my 30k car could hold its on against a car that is nearly 50k. Which i thought this was ClubWRX not ClubOTHERCAR so i will always be supportive and be in favor of the WRX especially on a site designed for all things WRX.
    Good rebuttal actually (despite my rather straight forward comment to you...test passed! ). You are very right with the feel of the 335 (which I wouldn't discount from you since you did own one for awhile). I've driven my uncle's and it does feel linear, which is weird to me for a turbo car, but that's a characteristic of the sequential turbos. And I honestly didn't like it hahaha.

Go Stage 2, then you'll really do better against a 335.

Funny thing about ClubWRX...while most of us really do enjoy our Subarus, I feel like most of us also would rather have something nicer and better performance oriented. Though most of the veterans and newer people all have a respect for many other cars out there. The WRX is a great car, but it's not the be-all end-all of performance...we are more realists here. We know many other cars are superior in other ways and we acknowledge it. But do we care? No. We enjoy our Subarus.

I will agree with you that there are faster cars out and subi has fallen off a lil in performance edge they once had but on the other hand they produce a car that is constantly amazing. You can nit pick any car. Like bmw or beinz great german engineering but you have lil problem here or there. Honda has produced a car built for economy but you take one of those and drop a turbo suspension upgrades and brakes and you could have a car that will blast the doors off an m3 in the quarter. You have the arguments internally of buying a WRX vs STI and spending the extra money to do stage 2 or even custom stage 3 upgrades and having a car that will make the STI look like a prius. The thing i have truely come to appreciate and respect with the Subaru cars is hearing people say they have been able to do stage 2 modifications on Foresters, WRX, STI, and Legacies and driving them another 120,000+ miles problem free with regular general maintenance, I challenge anyone to go and buy a Ferrari, Lambo, Bugatti and drive them like we do our Subies for 120k with out a worry when am i going to have to take into the shop and drop another 3 grand to fix it lol. So like you said Mike "we love our Subarus."

That all is why we have termed WRXs and STIs as NERDs...Niche Econobox Rally Derivatives! (Ray originated it!)

It is few and far between when you can find an enthusiast performance car that can have some mild creature comforts, maintain affordability, and still run a 5.6 second 0-60 time with 265+hp...all while maintaining reliability as well. Oh yeah, you can throw in AWD and safety into the mix...which the AWD and the kick in the nuts rush of the turbo are why I came back to Subaru again in under a year after getting rid of my first STI.

NERDs...Niche Econobox Rally Derivatives! (Ray originated it!)
    I'm going to have to tell my fiancee that one cause she likes to make the lil Nerd comments about me when i start looking at parts, stats, prices, and watching my anime lol, but hey what can i say cars, cartoons, and blowing $h!# up is what makes life fun lol.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    (Ray originated it)
    Bull****! REREAD YOUR POST! :P
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/