Subaru WRX Forum banner

What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner

241K views 1K replies 680 participants last post by  cassidygeorge567 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have loved WRX's for years, but have never owned one. As i am getting older, when i talk with people about getting a new car and tell them i am looking at a WRX they say "isnt that a kids car?" and look at me funny. So here is the question to anyone that has purchased a new WRX/STI since 2008. What age were you when you purchased the car and do you regret it?

EDIT:

Just so you know what the Subaru Market Research team has found:

TheJ :)

See less See more
#452 ·
I'm 20 and just picked up my 11' Wrx. Came from an 04 350z and I couldn't be happier. Before anybody says it..No. Mommy and Daddy didn't buy it. The U.S Army did. :)

#455 ·
Don't be a dumb soldier and kill yourself in it.

Im 21 with a 10' rex mad respect to anyone driving a nice car....
WRXs aren't really what I would consider a "nice" car. "Nice" is a very subjective word in this context.

#462 ·
I was 16 when I got my first wrx (02 wrx), 19 when I got my second one (05 wrx), and now I'm 20 and getting a 2012.

#465 ·
I'm 31 and am about 1.5 months into my '12 dgm hatch. I have to say so far I love the car and can't wait to mod it in the future.

Speaking of average age of drivers, I was on my way home from work today and spotted my identical color but only an STi. I came up next to it to give a wave and noticed the driver was about. 75 year old woman. Needless to say I was shocked, and did not get a wave back.

Odd choice for and older woman, unless it was her kid/ grand kids rally car.

#480 ·
same here. i just let my parents take mine down to Cape May, NJ for vacation for a week (about 350 miles one way) while their Sonata is in the shop. they had a blast and said their favorite part of the whole trip was driving it around and hearing comments from people. my dad told everybody it was his just to get reactions. if you could see my dad, you'd laugh. he's typical harley rider guy. long gray hair, long gray beard, wears a bandana, cut off tee shirt and sun glasses everywhere. it must've been pretty funny. :D

#478 ·
Bought my first Subaru, an STi, last November. I'm 44.

I've also seen at least one elderly lady in a GR WRX sedan. Waved. She didn't wave back...hell, she might not have even seen me wave. No biggie...not everyone cares about stuff like that. I've waved at maybe 10 WRX/STis...none have waved back. Subarus on the whole...several Legacy owners have waved as they passed by. I've even gotten more waves from Evo owners than WRX owners.

It is sorta cool to see older people driving these cars, though.

#484 ·
Some of y'all are a lot more giving than me.... I might let my dad take it for a spin, with me in the passenger seat, whenever I go back home again, but he is one of maybe 4 people I would let drive it. The other 3 are: my best friend & his oldest brother, both of whom I consider brothers, since they taught me to drive stick years ago, and my homey Chris, who as a stage 3 '10 WRX owner, knows my car pretty well, and had been assisting in my the installs on my slow accent from stage 2 to 3.....

#495 ·
Congrats!

Always amazing when I hear that kind of thing. My parents quite literally gave me nothing when I graduated high school. They helped me get started paying for college...I guess they figured that that was enough.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.