What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner - Page 11
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm 35, will be heading to the dealership on thursday to commence negotiations on a new limited wrx. Haven't decided ...

I'm 35, will be heading to the dealership on thursday to commence negotiations on a new limited wrx. Haven't decided on the hatch or sedan, both look good. Owned fords, dodge, chevies, buicks, and an amazingly reliable (and boring) civic.

On the topic of spoiling kids, my son is six, if he keeps good grades he'll be inheriting daddys ride 10 years from now.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I turn 34 this weekend. Too many young guys try and race me. An EVO with a loud BOV tried to race me last week and I just ignored him.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones
    I turn 34 this weekend. Too many young guys try and race me. An EVO with a loud BOV tried to race me last week and I just ignored him.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

im 20 and just got my first one. if you want it get it you olny live once.

I am 38 and I want a WRX for long time, finally got a 2011 WRX limited about 2 months ago. All my friends and family don't even heard of what's WRX and my bro-in-law said "can you still handle this car?" I said "watch me!" I am so happy with the performance and I am glad that I didn't just getting a regular luxury cars.

I was 27 when I bought my WRX in 2002. Hands-down, it was best car I have ever owned, but time and circumstances took me through several others. The wife and I have recently agreed that a second car is on the agenda for this year. She got to choose the vehicle when we got married, so now it's my pick. I'm 36. There is only one choice -- WRX (I'm just waiting to see if Subaru will give the US a plasma blue option for 2012). If you are still thinking about your own purchase, you're overthinking it. Just get one.

Regarding the size for a growing family -- I'm 6'5" now, was consistently taller than average growing up, and I have clear memories of being hauled to dealer lots as a child solely for the purpose of determining whether I would fit in the back seat of my parents' cars. While they did have a classic american 70's/80's station wagon, they also went through a 1984 nissan/datsun sentra and a 1992 ford tempo. I fit in them all. So did my similarly oversized sister. Your todder will fit in a WRX.

P.S. My dad had a chevette when I was a very young kid -- and one of my favorite memories was when he took that thing to the vacant parking lot near the highway to do donuts and try to get it up on 2 wheels. Extra legroom really is not that important to your young children. Unless your car is really boring (or you make it boring -- it was a *chevette*, and in the right hands, it was awesome). WRX fixes both problems.

i'm 33 and at this point in my life it is a little too "boy racer" for me although i've had mine for over 7 years. it's a great little fun car, but it's my daily driver and i have not modified it and have no intentions to.

when i purchased it i lived in boston and it was the fastest, most affordable car you could buy that would handle the snow. now that i live in texas the AWD is basically useless and just a fuel hog.
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX 2.0L
    2011 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 5.4L
    2005 Toyota Solara SE 2.4L

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroNate View Post
    i'm 33 and at this point in my life it is a little too "boy racer" for me although i've had mine for over 7 years.
    At 44, somehow my tacky blue WRX wagon still doesn't feel "boy racer" for me, well, unless I'm worrying about what other people are thinking. The cop that pulled me a year or so ago sure got a kick out of it. "Is this YOUR car?"
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I'm pretty sure I'll be that old retired guy with the silver hair and the bald spot rollin round in some boyracer style beast. Its written into my dna.. I like fun cars too much to "grow up"
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    At 44, somehow my tacky blue WRX wagon still doesn't feel "boy racer" for me, well, unless I'm worrying about what other people are thinking. The cop that pulled me a year or so ago sure got a kick out of it. "Is this YOUR car?"
    well, it's also a wagon. i totally agree that you shouldn't care what others think and neither do i. however, i hate the attention i get, every kid and his stupid riced out honda civic si that want's to race or they see my car and want to talk about how awesome it is. it's annoying, to say the least. it's just a friggin' 227 HP "not that fast to me" WRX.
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX 2.0L
    2011 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 5.4L
    2005 Toyota Solara SE 2.4L

I Support ClubWRX
    it's just a friggin' 227 HP "not that fast to me" WRX.
    Well now, that is one difference between us.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

well, it's also a wagon. i totally agree that you shouldn't care what others think and neither do i. however, i hate the attention i get, every kid and his stupid riced out honda civic si that want's to race or they see my car and want to talk about how awesome it is. it's annoying, to say the least. it's just a friggin' 227 HP "not that fast to me" WRX.
    Well how about you post up some pics of the Shelby GT that should be a bit faster

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Well now, that is one difference between us.
    so different, you said it twice
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I'll be 30 in october & i bought my 09 wrx hatch last month. I've always liked them & wanted one but it just didn't happen. I got to the point where i wanted 4 door, quick, manual trans, fun to drive, & the deal breaker for most cars in this category........able to deal with Connecticut winters. The wrx is perfect for me. I've had a few other nice cars but this is my favorite, to the point where i've become OCD about keeping it as spotless as the day it came home.
    Stink eye mob #669

I'll be 30 in October, Brought my first True STi this year, but have been driving various Subarus for almost 10 years.

Ill be getting my 2011 DGM sedan a month before I turn 22. I have been waiting 5 weeks and can't take it. I was supposed to get it last week but once it was unloaded off the truck and the plastic was peeled back...I got a call saying that there was hail damage to my soon to be WRX. So I decided to wait a few more weeks to get one in NEW condition. Can't wait!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.