Subaru WRX Forum banner

What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner

241K views 1K replies 680 participants last post by  cassidygeorge567 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have loved WRX's for years, but have never owned one. As i am getting older, when i talk with people about getting a new car and tell them i am looking at a WRX they say "isnt that a kids car?" and look at me funny. So here is the question to anyone that has purchased a new WRX/STI since 2008. What age were you when you purchased the car and do you regret it?

EDIT:

Just so you know what the Subaru Market Research team has found:

TheJ :)

See less See more
#364 · (Edited)
Statistics time..

I skimmed through all the posts. As of post #364, there have been 167 unique responses..

The average age a person buys their first WRX is 29.92
The average age of a poster in this thread is 30.78

The youngest reported first WRX owner is 15.5
The oldest reported first WRX owner is 67

The first WRX breakdown is..
15.5 -20 = 33
21-25 = 38
26-30 = 37
31-35 = 18
36-40 = 13
41-45 = 10
46-50 = 9
51-55 = 3
56-60 = 3
61-65 = 2
66+ = 1

#365 ·
Holy heck. Please tell me you wrote a script that goes through the 25 pages of responses for you.

#376 ·
I would have created a poll, but i didnt have enough posts at the time. Im glad to see that my thread lives on.

#382 · (Edited)
Got my 2011 at 26. First suby and i think ill be driving only subies in future haha. Winters here are terribad (5 months in snow) so AWD is nice. Had a Mazda 3 before this one that i bought new at 20, selling it in mint condition did helped to buy the WRX.

When people were talking about how expensive they are for "kids" well in Canada they are close to 10k more (new). My base trim WRX 2011 did cost me 38,900$ out the door. For an STI you get around 45-50K.

About statistic or pool of age, we could say that young ppl use internet/computer (to post on here) more also.

#386 ·
I'm 46, this is my first Subaru and it is fun to drive, I really miss my 2001 stage 1 S4 Avant 6 speed, but it was starting to cost $$ me in repairs.

It was quieter, faster, more comfortable, much better interior and little amenities, had more low end torque, 2 more cylinders 1 more turbo, no hood scoop, lots more load space and weighed almost 800lbs more, but got the same gas mileage and my 10 year newer WRX.

There are just so few choices for a fast all wheel drive manual trans hatch/wagon right now. I might have considered a new S4 Avant if Audi even made one, but it would probably be over $50k. If Audi brings the S3 here, I'll probably have a low miles '12 WRX for sale, shortly thereafter. In the mean time, it's fun and I enjoy lurking and learning about what people do to their WRXs and thinking about making mine better.

#388 ·
My parents helped me out with my first car. That really eased the pressure and allowed me to focus in school rather than tackle multiple jobs. It's nice to see younger people afford $400/month payments and take on that responsibility but it also brings about insurance, gas, general living expenses, etc. I'm sure you make plenty at $150/week for your payments but i hardly doubt the extra $200 will cover the extra expenses if it wasn't for your parents.

Not here flaming you but when you say it's "not a big deal" or "it's super easy for me because I make $150 a week" it just makes it sound so douchey.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.