Rawr... 8 miles on the odometer =)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Rawr... 8 miles on the odometer =) within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Bad pictures, but oh well =). Man, I had trouble driving this car home. I'm so used to a mustang ...

I Support ClubWRX

Rawr... 8 miles on the odometer =)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SideView.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	157.3 KB 
ID:	95741

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CarFront.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	133.2 KB 
ID:	95740

Bad pictures, but oh well =).

Man, I had trouble driving this car home. I'm so used to a mustang with a clutch like a rock that engages an inch off the ground. I think I stalled it maybe twice while learning. I'm probably up to about 50+ with this one already =(. Doing much, much better now though. Should be comfortable with it tomorrow. Just taking a lot of practice to get used to that engagement point. Can keep it steady on the hill with the clutch/gas as long as I'm not frantic and nervous.

8 miles when I picked it up - 7 yesterday when I drove it to the gas station (and somehow didn't have an issue with it then).

Has the armrest extension, short throw, and homelink.

So far, really really impressed. Much quieter than I expected even when I got on it. Car honestly feels like a sporty sound-proof luxury car compared to the van.

....That wait to come in really sucked, by the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Congratulations,looks very familiar,tennis ball & all,a copy of my car except its an STI & the wheels
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

congrats! the blue mica looks awesome!

yeah, i've been finding the clutch engage point a little tricky as well. i think the is a bit too light for my taste, but i'm getting used to it. down to about 1 stall per day day
    2011 WRX Premium 5dr SWP
    Stink Eye Mob #27

Congrats! Looks beautiful. I was really debating between blue and DGM, I went DGM but sometimes I think I should have gone blue.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Looks great! Congrats on finally getting it Heide!

You'll get the hang of the engage points really quick. The car definitely has a slight learning curve, my whole life I've driven FWD and RWD manuals, never an AWD. It took me a little getting used to. I realized real quickly if you don't shift like perfectly 100% the car will buck or act strange. After a few days it's smooth as butter now lol.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks guys. I'm really happy with it. I thought it was WRB for World Rally Blue now, not mica. Regardless, I like it. I'm more of a 7 color person type of guy - it's blue, haha.

I didn't stall at all on my actual drive to work. I live on about a 1/4 mile long hill thats not too steep, but enough to make me get the clutch right. I just took it to the bottom and did about 4-5 stop and go's before heading out. Stalled it once on there, but otherwise did pretty good. Didn't actually stall on my way to work, which is a pretty big feat for me - live in the suburbs and pass a high school so there are a lot of 4 way stops and lights as opposed to highway driving. Really feeling a whole new world better about it.

...I may or may not have been stranded in a very shady 25yard long pharmacy parking lot after I picked it up. I just did donuts for a good hour and a half (or at least attempted to) with stopping each half pass. I just had the hardest time getting it through my head I needed a lot more throttle action a lot higher up in the release even when releasing painfully slow. Felt bad for the new car, but I think it'll be okay (My clutch may beg to differ, haha). I made sure to keep it really low in the rpm range to learn.
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log

congrats! usually i say welcome to the club, but for you it only took 1160 posts for you to introduce your car lol..

nice sig btw. i laughed when i read that
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Infinity

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by kbrownmann View Post
    congrats! usually i say welcome to the club, but for you it only took 1160 posts for you to introduce your car lol..

nice sig btw. i laughed when i read that
    I was going to post it in the new members forum at first =P
    2011 STi Build Log

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Have fun,man,congrats.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats... I got about 7 days... hopefully!
    Clark Tuned | Cobb SRI, DP | Nameless Mid-Pipe & Axleback | PW TMIC | DW65C | NGK2309 | STi Group-N Engine Mounts | Plate Relocation | KB F+R Endlinks, Pitch Stop, Shift Knob, F+R Shift Bushings | Whiteline Front Sway & 22mm Rear, Gearbox +Shift | PST Carbon Driveshaft | SPT STS | RA Flaps w/Blue | Pro-Clip | 18x9.5 +40 Gunmetal Rota D wrapped in 265/35ZR-18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 | Yakima Roof Rack + Fairing | 35% Tint | Full Sound Dead | Blue Prova Rearview

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu_Gotti View Post
    Congrats... I got about 7 days... hopefully!
    Mine was in a ten days early. Took them a couple days to get the paperwork together. It's worth the wait =).
    2011 STi Build Log

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I'm itching for it haha, because I know it'll be worth it... and now I'm getting back my taxes I've already got about 4 things lined up...

Tint
    RA Flaps
    AP
    Nameless AB
    Clark Tuned | Cobb SRI, DP | Nameless Mid-Pipe & Axleback | PW TMIC | DW65C | NGK2309 | STi Group-N Engine Mounts | Plate Relocation | KB F+R Endlinks, Pitch Stop, Shift Knob, F+R Shift Bushings | Whiteline Front Sway & 22mm Rear, Gearbox +Shift | PST Carbon Driveshaft | SPT STS | RA Flaps w/Blue | Pro-Clip | 18x9.5 +40 Gunmetal Rota D wrapped in 265/35ZR-18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 | Yakima Roof Rack + Fairing | 35% Tint | Full Sound Dead | Blue Prova Rearview

Congrats! But why a hatch?

The clutch is really tricky on these cars. It took me a couple hundred miles to get used to it, but that was mostly highway driving. Now I'm like buttah.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu_Gotti View Post
    I'm itching for it haha, because I know it'll be worth it... and now I'm getting back my taxes I've already got about 4 things lined up...

Tint
    RA Flaps
    AP
    Nameless AB
    I'm looking into that Nameless axle back. Might be a nice addition and fairly simple to get a start on working with the car. JBL MS-8 will be soon to follow once I learn to drive it a bit better. And yes, they are kinda oxymoronish or hypocritical mods =P.

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    Congrats! But why a hatch?

The clutch is really tricky on these cars. It took me a couple hundred miles to get used to it, but that was mostly highway driving. Now I'm like buttah.
    Yeah, I'm just hoping I didn't beat it up too badly trying to get used to it. It took me a really long time and I had it bucking pretty good there for a while. It's significantly smoother now at least. I figure worst case scenario, I will end up with a hot spot and get it fixed. Lesson learned regardless. Better mine than somebody elses.

Dont' be jealous about my rear end
    2011 STi Build Log

Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    Yeah, I'm just hoping I didn't beat it up too badly trying to get used to it. It took me a really long time and I had it bucking pretty good there for a while. It's significantly smoother now at least. I figure worst case scenario, I will end up with a hot spot and get it fixed. Lesson learned regardless. Better mine than somebody elses.

Dont' be jealous about my rear end
    I got a lot of clutch chatter for the first maybe 50 miles. It was bad enough I wondered if something was wrong, but then it went away.

I love your rear end.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast