ShadowPR gets a new hobby and learns a few things - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 73

This is a discussion on ShadowPR gets a new hobby and learns a few things within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ok, update time. The boost gauge is installed. I also have installed a Grimmspeed Air/oil separator, and grimmspeed light weight ...

  1. #46
    Registered User shadowpr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    TX, NY
    Posts
    1,579
    ok, update time. The boost gauge is installed.

    I also have installed a Grimmspeed Air/oil separator, and grimmspeed light weight crank pulley. The pulley took a bit to get on, but the install tool made things so much easier.

    As of now, I either have or am waiting on the following:
    DW 1000cc injectors
    GS tgv deletes, coated
    GS turbo shield
    GS EBCS
    Invidia catted dp
    Nameless cbe
    aem intake
    amr turbo inlet
    process west tmic.
    forged bpv

    Soon as I get the parts I'm waiting on, I'm going to go stage 2 with both 93 oct and e85.
    Last edited by shadowpr; 07-19-2011 at 01:36 PM. Reason: forgot the bpv, ebcs, and turbo shield

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #47
    Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Davey Jones Locker
    Posts
    8,489
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowpr View Post
    ok, update time. The boost gauge is installed.

    I also have installed a Grimmspeed Air/oil separator, and grimmspeed light weight crank pulley. The pulley took a bit to get on, but the install tool made things so much easier.

    As of now, I either have or am waiting on the following:
    DW 1000cc injectors
    GS tgv deletes, coated
    Invidia catted dp
    Nameless cbe
    aem intake
    amr turbo inlet
    process west tmic.

    Soon as I get the parts I'm waiting on, I'm going to go stage 2 with both 93 oct and e85.
    I'm honestly way too lazy to go through...did you upgrade the turbo?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS


    Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

    Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

  4. #48
    Registered User shadowpr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    TX, NY
    Posts
    1,579
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    I'm honestly way too lazy to go through...did you upgrade the turbo?

    not yet. my plan is to pay my bills and enjoy the car for a year, and then next summer I'll probably get new headers, up pipe, external wastegate and a new turbo.

  5. #49
    Registered User Heide264's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    4,168
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowpr View Post
    not yet. my plan is to pay my bills and enjoy the car for a year, and then next summer I'll probably get new headers, up pipe, external wastegate and a new turbo.
    Are you going to add a ebcs to that list? Might be something to take up with the tuner at least. I don't think I saw it in here anywhere.

    Who is tuning it? I saw you were using open source.

    Also, what specs did you get on your alignment? I don't know if I saw that either.

    I'm quite jealous of your bushing list. Have a fairly similar build path. I am going to draw the line at ones I can install myself for now. Maybe I can rent and arbor press at a later time when I have more cash sitting around and do the ones that require a press then. The bushings are a great way to learn about your car I've found... I have the rear and the transmission area covered. Next area will be the front with sways/f links/engine mounts/steering rack bushings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

  6. #50
    Registered User shadowpr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    TX, NY
    Posts
    1,579
    Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    Are you going to add a ebcs to that list? Might be something to take up with the tuner at least. I don't think I saw it in here anywhere.

    Who is tuning it? I saw you were using open source.

    Also, what specs did you get on your alignment? I don't know if I saw that either.

    I'm quite jealous of your bushing list. Have a fairly similar build path. I am going to draw the line at ones I can install myself for now. Maybe I can rent and arbor press at a later time when I have more cash sitting around and do the ones that require a press then. The bushings are a great way to learn about your car I've found... I have the rear and the transmission area covered. Next area will be the front with sways/f links/engine mounts/steering rack bushings.
    forgot to add I have the GS ebcs waiting to be installed.

    As for the actual tuning, I'm getting Phatbotti over on nasioc to do it. They seem to be well respected and have some decent bragging threads.

    my alignment isn't somethin i'm truely happy with. there is 0 toe all around. I know the camber is off a bit in the rear, andabout -1.5 i think in the front.

  7. #51
    Registered User Heide264's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    4,168
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowpr View Post
    forgot to add I have the GS ebcs waiting to be installed.

    As for the actual tuning, I'm getting Phatbotti over on nasioc to do it. They seem to be well respected and have some decent bragging threads.

    my alignment isn't somethin i'm truely happy with. there is 0 toe all around. I know the camber is off a bit in the rear, andabout -1.5 i think in the front.
    I had PhatMikey do mine. Pleased with it. Although I hope to get my 3k 'tumble' sorted out a bit better once I get a WB02 and a down pipe. Not an easy thing to do I guess. Just a suggestion, if you want to change throttle mapping or anything like that, make sure to ask =).

    I was looking into ways to adjust rear camber. Seems the whiteline ones are a huge pain to both install and more importantly, adjust. A lot of people just buy adjustable control arms it appears. I think I'm just going to pass on it for now and get my front camber fixed as much as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

  8. #52
    Registered User shadowpr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    TX, NY
    Posts
    1,579
    Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post

    I was looking into ways to adjust rear camber. Seems the whiteline ones are a huge pain to both install and more importantly, adjust. A lot of people just buy adjustable control arms it appears. I think I'm just going to pass on it for now and get my front camber fixed as much as possible.
    Yeah. I'll be looking to get rid of my whiteline adjustment and getting an adjustable arm within a year or so. I just need a break from suspension mods and getting alignments.

  9. #53
    Registered User shadowpr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    TX, NY
    Posts
    1,579
    Installed my Forged BPV today. Was super easy to do.

    Going to install/put on some rear tail light tints, 3rd brake light tint, and the chrome delete on the doors.

    As a side note, I've been having really bad gas mileage lately. I'm not sure if it's from the light weight crank pulley, or from using the ac so much this past week. I'm going to keep my eye on it for a few more tanks and as the temp goes down. Will report back.

  10. #54
    Registered User patrickfromnm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    113
    +1 your suspension build is something to admire
    STINKEYE MOB #100

  11. #55
    Registered User shadowpr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    TX, NY
    Posts
    1,579
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickfromnm View Post
    +1 your suspension build is something to admire
    thank you. i plan on getting an adjustable arm for the rear in a few months to help with the camber.


    i recently installed my nameless axelback. I love it.

  12. #56
    Registered User Heide264's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    4,168
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowpr View Post
    i recently installed my nameless axelback. I love it.
    It's a great exhaust. Pleases everybody... Not too loud, but still has bark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

  13. #57
    Registered User shadowpr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    TX, NY
    Posts
    1,579
    yeah it does. should be just a bit louder once i get the midpipe and put the downpipe on it.

  14. #58
    Registered User shadowpr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    TX, NY
    Posts
    1,579
    Ok. took the intake manifold off, and sent out my tgv's to grimmspeed for a coating and the deletes.

    Installed a new koyo radiator today.

    Also took off the old midpipe and installed my Nameless. So now I have their entire catback.

    I started to take the downpipe off. Got the heatshield off, and started to break the bolts loose that connect the dp to the turbo. broke a bolt. going to just cut all of them off tomorrow and buy new ones.

    I really hope I remember where all the hoses go when I put the manifold back on. Between that, and the fact that I removed the air pump, alternator, and moved the air compressor, and ps pump, I have a lot of hoses and wires just dangling.

    Does anyone know if the AMR turbo inlet will fit on an 09 wrx? I'm trying to get this verified by AMR now, but just curious as to what you all think.

  15. #59
    Registered User shadowpr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    TX, NY
    Posts
    1,579
    cut the damn bolts, and got the dp off. took it to the muffler shop and got the a/f bung welded in.

    goal for tomorrow is the wrap the dp, install it (except the 2 bolts that are cut.), tighten up the rest of the exhaust, and wrap the turbo.

    also going to try and fix a spinning nut on one of my motor mounts.

    after that, i just have to wait for grimmspeed to return my tgv's.

  16. #60
    Boost > NA itWRXjustfine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Fort Riley
    Posts
    809
    Awesome, keep us updated.
    2004 Impreza Outback Sport - Sold
    2004 WRB WRX - Sold
    2006 SGM WRX - 400AWHP - Mods

    My 2006 Build

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •