ShadowPR gets a new hobby and learns a few things - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on ShadowPR gets a new hobby and learns a few things within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well I nstalled a Grimmspeed master cylinder brace. It was a straight forward install, just a little tight trying to ...

Well I nstalled a Grimmspeed master cylinder brace. It was a straight forward install, just a little tight trying to squeeze it in to place and then getting the bolts started along.

I have successfully baked my headlights and have already applied my first coat of paint to the chrome. It will be black, and then will do a red tip on it.

As for the side reflectors, I want to paint them, but don't want to be illegal and not have any. So my compromise is to paint "WRX" into them. I will still have the reflectors, but it will display the model nicely and be unique (until someone steals my idea.)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Moving along quick! Nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

That sounds kinda cool. Pics when finished?
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned Į\_(ツ)_/Į

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Quote Originally Posted by shadowpr View Post
    Well I nstalled a Grimmspeed master cylinder brace. It was a straight forward install, just a little tight trying to squeeze it in to place and then getting the bolts started along.

I have successfully baked my headlights and have already applied my first coat of paint to the chrome. It will be black, and then will do a red tip on it.

As for the side reflectors, I want to paint them, but don't want to be illegal and not have any. So my compromise is to paint "WRX" into them. I will still have the reflectors, but it will display the model nicely and be unique (until someone steals my idea.)
    Meh, it'd be a lot cleaner looking to just remove the reflectors IMO. But I digress, it is just my opinion
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I have a bunch of pics, just need to upload them to a site and share. (I'm lazy)

As for the reflectors, I would like to do away with them/paint them completely black, but I want to stay legal. I'm not worried about a cop giving me a ticket, but more about if there is n accident and the insurance company trying to deny a claim because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowpr View Post
    I have a bunch of pics, just need to upload them to a site and share. (I'm lazy)

As for the reflectors, I would like to do away with them/paint them completely black, but I want to stay legal. I'm not worried about a cop giving me a ticket, but more about if there is n accident and the insurance company trying to deny a claim because of that.
    But painting it black would be just as visibly reducing IMO...just saying. I understand the concerns
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Ok. I finally got the headlights painted, but since i did a two-tone thing, I tried to get the line between them to be smooth, but messed it up completely. I then used paint remover to take it all off so I could try again.

This is not a good idea. I'm now about to paint the entire piece instead of just the chrome so that it will still look good. If that doesn't work, then it's off to get it powder coated.

As for the front emblem, I removed all the paint, and most of the chrome, but it's foggy as all heck. Going to try a headlight restoration kit and see if that fixes it.

Ok, headlights are finished and reinstalled.

I put on the sports grill.

Koni inserts, rce yellows installed.

Extra-s is in the tranny, and rear diff.

I also installed the ss brake lines, stoptech pads, and ate blue fluid. The calipers are also painted black.

Tactrix cable is ordered, and I have a aem cai waiting to be installed. Next to be ordered is a wideband.

One problem I'm having right now though is I have a rubbing sound coming from the brakes. Not sure what to do.

I'm also almost done with a custom front plate delete, and waiting for a new black perforated leather shift boot and ebake boot, and a black bride armrest. Both with red stitching.
    Last edited by shadowpr; 05-17-2011 at 06:56 PM.

Last edited by shadowpr; 05-17-2011 at 05:58 PM. Reason: more pics

will add more since she is lowered with the new springs as soon as it stops raining and I can take one.

(I'm not a good picture taker. Sorry)

Noodles Aren't My Concern twistedphrame's Avatar
    I split my time btwn Atlantic and Warren County NJ
    I Support ClubWRX
    Looking good, and the painted headlights look awesome!

Thanks. I should have the front plate delete done today.

i'm glad i took the time to read through, nice work! headlights look great. probably feels like a totally different car with all the bushings.
    2011 WRX Base Hatch in Obsidian Black Pearl
    Stink-Eye Mob #027
    My Car
    - Mike

I had some brake issues that was fixed with more grease. Right now I need to get a squeak fixed from the rear suspension somewhere, but it's not a big deal.

I just received new shift/ebrake boots and a cover for the armrest. I also have a smy gauge cluster and a innovate afr gauge. Waiting for my defi boost, pressure and temp gauges to arrive. Put them in, and the aem cai then get a protune.

The car feels so different it's amazing. I might stiffen up the shocks a bit just to se if I like it that way instead of on the softer setting.

more pics will be up soon, but you can find some of the new ones with th rear badge, trunk trim, and front plate done in the Victory thread.

Installed the defi oil temp and pressure gauges. They are in the smy cluster. The cluster makes the gauges stick out a bit more than I would like. I may eventually try to grind the opening down a bit to get them to sit further back.

I also just finished installing a Aeromotive 340 stealth fuel pump.

Waiting on my boost gauge, and a amr turbo inlet. Have a avo big maf hose to use with it and the aem intake.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast