2008 wrx hatchback vs 2004 wrx sedan
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2008 wrx hatchback vs 2004 wrx sedan within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello, im looking at two cars both around the same price ones a black 2008 wrx hatchback with 80,000 ...

2008 wrx hatchback vs 2004 wrx sedan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, im looking at two cars both around the same price
    ones a black 2008 wrx hatchback with 80,000 miles.
    the other is a blue 2004 wrx sedan with 48,000 miles
    both are in good condition

2 questions
    1.which one would you pick?
    and

2.Which one would generally win in a drag race?

ALSO!!!
    Knowing me, i might put the car through a little bit of hell. Launching from stops etc. not much tho. which one is more reliable for that? also which is more reliable for modding? thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I like the hatches they more practical you can carry more things more room less blind spots.
    but the older one has less miles. more or less depends on witch one you think looks better.

A. depends on your personal preference
    b. the 2008 seems to have been driven a crap load in the passed 2/3 years, as opposed to the 2004 which seems to have been babied (at least with regards to how much it was driven)
    c. idk about a 2008 vs a 2004, but if the 2008s were the "soft" version of WRXs maybe the 2004 would be better to your more agrressive driving style.

just my .03
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

go with the 04

three reasons;

lower mileage
    same power, less weight..
    stiffer suspension

Now if you were talking 09 vs 04 I'd say go newer.. but the 08 was the seriously neutered wrx. The 04 would be a better start for how you describe your driving habits to be.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Im leaning a little more to the 2008. Love the hatchback look. Also, I pretty sure most of the miles have been done by commuting. Which would give me the least problems if I didnt put the car through hell?

I Support ClubWRX
    Generally speaking, newer model over older.
    What kind of miles could be important here. 80,000 highway miles could be nicer than 40,000 of city miles.

Mechanically, the 2008 should be a superior car in every way. The 2004 will be less refined, more raw. You should probably drive them both to decide which suits you.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.